01-28-2016, 10:08 AM #1
CA - Lake Almanor, WhtFem, 35-70, UP12462, bones, clothes and three blankets, Apr'14
NamUs UP Case 12462
Unidentified White female
* Found April 21, 2014 in Lake Almanor, CA
* Estimated Year of Death: 2012 -2013
* Estimated age: Adult - 35-70
* Approximate Height: cannot estimate
* Distinguishing Characteristics: hair color brown; Small mound of medium to long hair found near possible grave.
* Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
* Clothing/Jewelry: 1 black shirt and 1 stained shirt possibly a camisole top; pair of sunglasses green/blue, "Nitrogen" brand. 3 blankets, one multi-colored fleece blanket, one red and white striped on one side and red floral color on the other, hand made quilt with trains on it-possibly a baby blanket.
* DNA: sample submitted - test complete
Case History: Cranium found in remote wooded area of northern Plumas County
Maxilla found using dogs after cranium was located. Other small and long bones recovered using K9. Maxilla included teeth, missing only the right third molar; that molar portion of the maxillary alveolus was missing postmortem.
04-27-2016, 06:17 AM #2
04-27-2016, 02:51 PM #3
I recall those blankets with the tied edges (the multi-colored one) being super popular in 2010-11, but also having been available before that (I gave one to a friend as a gift.)
My guesses are 1) DV victim or 2) overdose victim. Both scenarios are common enough....
By mysteriew in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 114Last Post: 11-09-2016, 11:08 AM
By Mensch in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 59Last Post: 05-15-2016, 12:38 AM
By HMSHood in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2013, 09:34 PM
By Salem in forum Identified!Replies: 30Last Post: 10-05-2012, 06:32 PM
By sls314 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 9Last Post: 04-08-2011, 10:50 PM