FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
NORTH PORT, Fla. -- The body of a 6-year-old girl was found in a wooded area near her home Sunday five hours after her parents reported her missing, police said.

A neighbor walking his dog found the body of Coralrose Fullwood around noon about two blocks away from her home, police said.

She had last been seen around 2 a.m. by her parents, who reported her missing at 7:00am, North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis said.

"At this moment her death is suspicious," Lewis said, without elaborating further.

Dale and Ellen Fullwood
http://www.wftv.com/news/9873310/detail.html

Poor kid. I would think 'family' are the number one suspects this early in the investigation. Whether or not they deserve to be. I hope that whoever killed this little angel pays for this for the rest of their lives. Children are a gift to be nurtured. I am sick of hearing of poor dead kids killed because they are defenceless , small and easily hurt. If it is 'family' I hope that the other children are allright.If it is a oppertunistic predator then God give Le speed in catching him/her.
I am sick and angry because this seems to be going on all the time.:furious: :furious: :furious:

I live in Naples which is about an hour south of North Port.
I first heard of this on the news last evening. So sad. I have been looking for a picture of her to post but have been unable to find one. They showed a picture last evening. She was adorable with red hair and freckles. They say she was a tomboy and loved to play outside.
On another note they reported that there are five registered sex offenders within one mile of her home and there are 75 within a five mile radius. :mad:

Also thought that I should add that the school has brought in greif counselors and they are changing their method for parent pick up. Parents are to remain in their cars and students will be brough to them. All parents are required to show proper ID.

sleuthin4fun, thank you for sharing what you heard on the news.

kazzbar, I hear ya! I'm sick, sick, sick of hearing these things. I want to gather all little ones together and stand guard!

If I'm reading it correctly, what was the child doing up at 2:00 am?

She was last seen at 2am? Is that right? I am assuming it was while she was sleeping, I wonder if she was taken out of her house?

inquiringmindz said:
If I'm reading it correctly, what was the child doing up at 2:00 am?

I took it that they checked on her at 2:00 am (while she was sleeping in her bed), but I could be wrong.

SewingDeb said:
I took it that they checked on her at 2:00 am (while she was sleeping in her bed), but I could be wrong.
That is how I understood, the father checked all the children sleeping at 2:00 am-

My husband and 2 children have never forgotten Carlie, she was right here in Sarasota with us- but as time goes on, I so much in my heart dont want to have to worry about children like this, ours are not allowed to walk the 2 blocks to school bus, even though we live in what is considered "safe" neighborhood--now this again......I will never ever, ever begin to comprehend how some sick sob can do this :furious:
prayers to her family & friends

michelle said:
She was last seen at 2am? Is that right? I am assuming it was while she was sleeping, I wonder if she was taken out of her house?
My understanding also is that she was seen in her bed at 2am by her father.

I don't know about you guys but, I check on my kids at all hours of the night if I wake up. They are 15 and 11. I will probably still do it when the're adults......

I can't begin to say how sad this makes me. Are we not even safe in our own homes.

sleuthin4fun said:

I don't know about you guys but, I check on my kids at all hours of the night if I wake up. They are 15 and 11. I will probably still do it when the're adults......

I can't begin to say how sad this makes me. Are we not even safe in our own homes.
I used to do that when my kids were small...Every once in a while, I found them on the floor....

What's with Florida lately, or has it always been like this? But hasn't gotten across the states as news...

Police calling the death suspicious

NORTH PORT -- Six-year-old Coralrose Fullwood had been sleeping in her bed a few hours before her body was found in a wooded area Sunday, just blocks from her home.

Police are calling her death suspicious.

Coralrose's father, Dale Fullwood, came home at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, according to the North Port Police Department. He saw his daughter sleeping in her bed at their home in the 2700 block of Calabash Drive.

When the family awoke around 7 a.m., Coralrose and her blanket were gone, according to information released by the North Port Police Department.

Within minutes of the 9-1-1 call, NPPD officers, K-9 units and a Charlotte County Sheriff's Office helicopter began searching for Coralrose.

A Code Red phone call went out to neighbors, informing them of the missing child who was a first-grader at Toledo Blade Elementary. Shortly thereafter, people living around Calabash began searching the area for Coralrose and her blanket.

A man walking his dog around noon found the missing girl dead behind a home under construction in the 4500 block of Linda Drive.

http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/091806/tp1ch5.htm?date=091806&story=tp1ch5.htm

NORTH PORT -- Coralrose Fullwood had only been a first-grade student at Toledo Blade Elementary for about three weeks, but she already loved her new school.

"She made a new best friend," said her grandmother Doreen Vanderwoude. "And she was turning into a lovely young lady."

The new first-grader was found dead Sunday. The 6-year-old girl's body was found a few blocks away from her North Port home, where she was reported missing from around 7 a.m. Sunday.

Toledo Blade principal Chris Renouf said the school would be setting up a crisis team on the campus today. The team will be available for students and parents who need help dealing with Coralrose's sudden death.

"This being a sad day is an understatement," Renouf said. "While Coralrose was a new student, enrolled just under three weeks, this will no doubt have a profound effect on all her classmates."

School guidance counselors, social workers and psychologists make up the crisis team.

"The children will be frightened," Renouf said. "We want to do whatever we can to make them feel safe."

:(

Mottla said Coralrose's family moved here about a month ago from Cape Coral. Mottla said she quickly grew to know the family because Coralrose's parents started a petition to get the school bus stop moved for the children's safety. They were concerned about heavy traffic and possible criminal activity.

:banghead:

http://www.sun-herald.com/newsarchive2/091806/tp2ch6.htm?date=091806&story=tp2ch6.htm

sleuthin4fun said:
I live in Naples which is about an hour south of North Port.
I first heard of this on the news last evening. So sad. I have been looking for a picture of her to post but have been unable to find one. They showed a picture last evening. She was adorable with red hair and freckles. They say she was a tomboy and loved to play outside.
:( There's a pic of little Coralrose at this link:
http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=39729

sleuthin4fun said:

My kids have the dogs in their bedrooms at night. If the girsl snore too loud the dogs bark. It's not likely that anyboy is coming into my home...day or night. Heck, those two dogs even bark like that when somebody they know is at the door, once I let you in, then they know it's okay. When the dogs bark, I get up and check on everybody and then go back to sleep.

If they searched immediately for her, how could they not have found her in their search - only two blocks away... for 5+ hours? Where were they searching?

I can't believe the woman heard a girl screaming and didn't check it out or call someone to check it out.

GlitchWizard said:
If they searched immediately for her, how could they not have found her in their search - only two blocks away... for 5+ hours? Where were they searching?

I can't believe the woman heard a girl screaming and didn't check it out or call someone to check it out.
I thought the same thing about the woman not reporting the screams--

RiverRat said:
Police calling the death suspicious

A few blocks from Coralrose's home, a homemade poster was stapled to a tree at her bus stop. The sign offered $5 an hour for a babysitter, along with a rain-soaked photo of Coralrose and three of her siblings.

http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/091806/tp1ch5.htm?date=091806&story=tp1ch5.htm

Oh, dear God. Her parents advertised for a babysitter PUBLICALLY and included a PHOTO of their babies? What better way could there be to put your child in danger....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back