NE - Accordian causes school evacuation

bluesneakers

not today satan
Reaction score
WALNUT EVACUATED
UPDATE: Accordion causes school evacuation

A suspicious package that resulted in the evacuation of approximately 900 students and staff members from Walnut Middle School Wednesday afternoon turned out to be an accordion inside a box.

Capt. Robert Falldorf of the Grand Island Police Department said a staff member spotted the box in the band room, but could not recall seeing it there before. The staff member did not think the box looked like it held any kind of band instrument.

Falldorf said the Grand Island Public Schools safety officer was contacted, with that person agreeing that Walnut Middle School should be evacuated as a precaution. All students and staff walked to Grand Island Senior High, which is just a few blocks north of Walnut.

Falldorf said the call to the Grand Island Police Department came in at about 1:50 p.m. The Nebraska State Patrol was then contacted, with the Grand Island Fire Department also responding to the scene.

He said the State Patrol brought a canine unit, although he did not know whether the dog was used to help determine that the package was harmless. The State Patrol bomb unit determined that they could open the latches on the box, and that is when the accordion was discovered inside

Awaiting comment from Weird Al.

How exactly was the accordion in a band room suspicious?

Lucky it wasn't a bagpipe. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Respectfully, the accordian may not have been a bomb itself, but in the right hands and the right situation (say, a trained accordian-player at a wedding) it is pretty much a bomb-making facility, from a musical-taste perspective.

My daughter's baby sized violin was a dangerous instrument of torture :O)

I get this; every time I hear an accordion I also run from the room.

A true weapon of mass disruption, devastating. I wonder what they'd think about my guitar case??

Hold a guitar like a baseball bat and you are armed and dangerous.

Lucky it wasn't a bagpipe. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OT:

Decades ago I had an employee who was ethnically English & Dutch.

I'm Scot/Welsh.

I had a CD player in my office. This CD player could not be audibly heard in her work area.

However, I could play one particular bagpipe CD, the hair on the back of her neck would stand up. The first couple times she was sure there was a disaster happening shortly & we had to investigate.

After a while, she'd just call my desk & say "turn that off."

Funeral pipes, dance pipes, drill pipes, no problem. Battle pipes, 'nuther story!

Yes, when things were slow this was a diversion....

I never tested an accordion CD, sorry.

:seeya:, Laughing

Accordions are furtive and mean;
So keep them in close quarantine,
Don't sneak into class
To sit with the brass
Or cops will be soon on the scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors