Mascot Of 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines Coming Home

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Before back-to-back tragedies in Iraq killed 14 Marines from the Brook Park-based 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines, members of the unit bought a mutt from Iraqi villagers for 25-cents and three jelly beans.

They named the dog Beans and she became their mascot.

Before his death, Corporal Jeffrey Boskovitch sent home a photo of him with Beans and wrote of his hopes to bring the dog home.

After weeks of fundraising and tearing red tape, Beans is headed to Ohio, where Boskovitch's mom plans to share her with the battalion.

Her son was killed along with five other Marine snipers from his unit on August 1, just days before his tour of duty was to end
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/09/27/iraq_dog.html

mysteriew said:
Before back-to-back tragedies in Iraq killed 14 Marines from the Brook Park-based 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines, members of the unit bought a mutt from Iraqi villagers for 25-cents and three jelly beans.

They named the dog Beans and she became their mascot.

Before his death, Corporal Jeffrey Boskovitch sent home a photo of him with Beans and wrote of his hopes to bring the dog home.

After weeks of fundraising and tearing red tape, Beans is headed to Ohio, where Boskovitch's mom plans to share her with the battalion.

Her son was killed along with five other Marine snipers from his unit on August 1, just days before his tour of duty was to end
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/09/27/iraq_dog.html
-------------------------

I live a stones throw from BrookPark.The marines were due in yesterday at Camp LeJune.Our Newsnet channel 5 set up a fund at KeyBank which more than paid for Beans flight.The remaining funds will be used to help transport other pets of servicemen who do not want to leave them...On another note we have pets here from Katrina and Rita. They are being cared for by a local Vet.If they are not claimed within so many weeks, adoption will be allowed! This is such wonderful news. I can just imagine how Cpl. Boskovitch's mom will love Beans...He will mean so much to her.My heart goes out to the family....

Welcome to the US Beans. This made me cry and smile.

They wlll be flying into Cleveland Hopkins today. There will be a big parade at 5pm..I also cried and smiled at this! Imagine Cpl. Boskovitchs' Mom as Beans comes off the plane!Beans has been with the 25th Unit Marines at Camp LeJeune.I cry as I am happy they are home~also I think and pray for the many Gold Stars of this Unit...P.S. they left Beans sleep in the Barracks!!!!!

They are home! I am crying,so touching! They are going to a BrookPark Rec center to be reunited with their families.They lost 48 members in Iraq. The plane had the Marine Corp. flag on it.God Bless them all...None will be shipped back to Iraq before January.I'm waiting for Beans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back