Dominican Republic - Darryl Fornatora, 46, FL man missing, 28 Jan 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Darryl Fornatora
flyer-jpg.jpg

WPB man reported missing on vacation in Dominican Republic

Cabarete, Dominican Republic -
A 46-year-old West Palm Beach man has been reported missing while on vacation in the Dominican Republic.

Darryl Fornatora, an avid surfer, was vacationing in Cabarete with a flight home scheduled for Sunday, but investigators say he never got on the plane.

He was last seen on Thursday during a "strange interaction" with a woman on the beach, officials said.

http://m.wpbf.com/news/wpb-man-reported-missing-on-vacation-in-dominican-republic/37749318

According to an investigator, Fornatora was last definitely seen on Wednesday in the late afternoon, but he adds there were two possible sightings on Friday.

Fornatora's father said his family hasn't heard from him since Tuesday. "He said that everything was fine, that he had spent plenty of time in the water that day and he was exhausted." "He said to my wife, 'I love you,' and that was it."

Darryl and another friend were in Cabarete on a brief surfing trip, and they were supposed to be back Monday.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ach-man-missing-in-the-dominican-repub/nqGkr/

I wonder where is the friend that was with him? Is he safe/home/missing or still there?

Massive search still underway for missing tennis coach

The search is expanding in the Dominican Republic for a missing West Palm Beach man.

New video shows the massive search underway to find and bring home Darryl Fornatora alive.

It's now been nine days since he was last seen while on a surfing trip in the Dominican Republic. His family is still in the dark about his disappearance. "There's nothing we can hang our hats on at this point to even clarify that time period," Darryl's father Gilbert Fornatora said.

By air, search crews are looking for any clues in the disappearance of Fornatora. "There's no expression of appreciation that's large enough to convey to all these people we don't know who are really putting their best effort together," Gilbert said.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/massive-search-still-underway-for-missing-tennis-coach

A fundraiser for a missing West Palm Beach tennis and surfing coach took place Saturday at the Lake Park tennis courts. The family of Darryl Fornatora is sending a desperate plea for any information that could bring their son home. Sending messages of love and hope, the family lined the sidewalk at the tennis courts with yellow ribbons.

The family hopes the money raised Saturday was to expand the search in the Dominican Republic for Darryl.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/tennis-fundraiser-for-missing-wpb-man

Mystery surrounds disappearance of American surfer in Dominican Republic

"Fornatora and Rigby were scheduled to fly home together on Jan. 31. But for reasons unknown, Rigby cut his trip short and returned to Florida Jan. 28. Fornatora's return ticket went unchanged -- and unused."

"A day later, on Jan. 29, Rigby called Fornatora’s parents and said he had not heard or seen their son since the afternoon of Jan. 27, according to the family."

“He [Rigby] didn’t contact the embassy or police, which I don’t understand,” Hendrex said. “He also took some of Darryl’s things back with him, like his surfboard and his computer.”

"Rigby, of Jupiter, Fla., did not return multiple requests for comment when contacted by FoxNews.com. The Fornatora family claims Rigby’s recollection of events has changed."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...ce-american-surfer-in-dominican-republic.html

I hope LE are taking a long, hard look at the "friend" Mr Rigby... :thinking:

It was said that Darryl was last seen on Thursday, 28 January, on the beach. Would be good to know which time that was and if the witness was credible. I wonder whether Mr Rigby left for the airport before or after this last sighting. I hope LE have looked into the timings.

For anyone unfamiliar, Perla Marina, where Darryl was last seen is between Sosua Beach (one of the most beautiful beaches) and Cabarete.

We go to Sosua Beach to vacation and while the resort is extremely safe, we are reminded not to venture out on our own.

Having said that...the friend. Hmmm.

Thank you for that. So this post says he was last seen at 5 pm on the beach. Anyone care to check out flights back to Florida that day (28 Jan)?

The fb post also says that a lot (if not all?) of his personal belongings are missing. Very worrying.

He would have needed a passport to fly anywhere. I assume his passport has not been scanned AND wonder if its been located.

Darryl's sister said that the friend "took" some of his belongings, including his computer. (Link above)

http://www.my2b.net/2016/02/28/darryl-fornatora-surfer-who-mysteriously-disappeared-still-missing/

Palm Beach, Florida, man who disappeared while on a surfing trip in the Dominican Republic is still missing. A little over a month later, family and friends are still hoping for answers into his mysterious disappearance.

Fox News reports that Darryl Fornatora, 46, a tennis instructor, treated himself to a seven-day surfing excursion in the Caribbean as a Christmas present. He took friend Matt Rigby, also a surfing enthusiast, along with him, and on January 25, they landed in Puerto Plata.

Fornatora checked into a villa at the coastal town of Cabaret, and sent text messages to friends and family that he’d arrived safely. The following day, after surfing for hours, he texted his mother and told her that he was out of the water, he loved her, and that he was tired. It was the last time she heard from him.

After scouring the coast and reefs for days, authorities ruled out drowning. Fornatora is an experienced surfer and expert swimmer who’s known to swim miles without getting tired. Fornatora’s sister, Christina Hendrex, went to the Caribbean earlier this month to help with the search. Her husband accompanied her, but after searching for days, they yielded no results.

More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back