941 users online (148 members and 793 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

CA - Paul Sapourn, 19, Los Angeles, 27 January 2016

Paul Sapourn

Former Holy Trinity student missing in L.A.

Los Angeles, California -
    Former Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy student and Satellite Beach resident Paul Sapourn is reported to be missing in the Los Angeles area since Jan. 27.

FLORIDA TODAY had done a feature on Sapourn on his leadership role at the school as a rising senior in the Economics for Leaders program in 2014.

Now 19, his last known whereabouts was in the Venice/Santa Monica area. He also was near UCLA purchasing goods at a CVS on Westwood Blvd. in Los Angeles.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...g-la/79618518/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I just was coming to post about him from Reddit

Paul Michael Sapourn (photo) has been missing with no contact since Wednesday, January 27th. He is a 19 year old University of Florida student who was visiting Los Angeles on a solo trip. His last known location/last debit card transaction was at the CVS at 1001 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (near UCLA). He is also known to have spent time in Santa Monica and Venice earlier that day, and during the week of 1/25.
    Paul is 6'1" and 170 lbs, blue eyes, dark blond hair, athletic build. He does not know anyone in the LA area. He is an EDM fan, and may have been checking out that scene. His sudden lack of contact and halted use of his debit card are very strange/uncharacteristic.
    If you are in the Los Angeles area, please, please go to facebook.com/FindPaulSapourn to view more pictures of him and see if you recognize him. If you have any information, please call 703-297-8125. Thank you so much.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/solotravel/...n_los_angeles/

It seems like there are a lot of hallmarks of some sort of mental break.
    Overachiever in high school, check, we see lots of overachievers who go on to suffer from mental illness or emotional problems in college.
    Solo trip to a city where he doesn't know anyone, check. Huge red flag.
    Also school is in session, so he apparently either has not enrolled this semester or is skipping class. Another red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    Overachiever in high school, check, we see lots of overachievers who go on to suffer from mental illness or emotional problems in college.
    Also school is in session, so he apparently either has not enrolled this semester or is skipping class. Another red flag.
    He could have a good reason for skipping a semester though doing that while he's in class would be a really bad sign. If I could of afforded it I would of taken a break or extended it for another semester. I ended up taking 3 classes I wasn't supposed to take together at the same time. It gave me no end of grief, by the end of finals I was pretty much gone. I'll agree with you on the point though, overachievers don't throw in the towel for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    On the Facebook page, they mention that he was going through some personal issues. I haven't yet gotten a reason as to why he was in LA though I literally just posted on FB and Reddit asking so I expect it might take some time given the number of comments.

Some things come to mind:

1) Couchsurfing danger. On the page, it is said he was last trying to find a place to stay for the night. This would be an easy way to do so. It's usually safe, but there have been stories of people getting raped and murdered.

2) I don't want to ask them right now, but I am curious if the personal problems are related to his sexuality. He is said to be into EDM, which seems common with gay men at least in LA (I'm not sure if straight men are also into it, I don't know any that are). In his search for somewhere to stay, he may used an app like Grindr to find a place to stay, or party or do whatever else the EDM scene entails.

3) I would be looking in West Hollywood, if not already.

Michael Negrete went missing in 1999 from UCLA's Dykstra Hall. He was said to be into raves (which has evolved into what is now the EDM culture) and it suspected to possibly be related to his disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAEigenguy View Post

2) I don't want to ask them right now, but I am curious if the personal problems are related to his sexuality. He is said to be into EDM, which seems common with gay men at least in LA (I'm not sure if straight men are also into it, I don't know any that are). In his search for somewhere to stay, he may used an app like Grindr to find a place to stay, or party or do whatever else the EDM scene entails.
    EDM is hardly just a gay male genre of music. Equal numbers of males and females are into it in my area (myself and husband included). Definitely a big genre for millennials these days..coming from a former female, heterosexual "raver" from the early 00s.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jodierenee; 02-01-2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: I

The Facebook page on finding him is reporting him found and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee View Post
    EDM is hardly just a gay male genre of music. Equal numbers of males and females are into it in my area (myself and husband included). Definitely a big genre for millennials these days..coming from a former female, heterosexual "raver" from the early 00s.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the correction. Maybe it's an LA thing. I have gay and straight friends and it seems like it was part of the gay party scene, especially from taking with them. I guess that's just their opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

http://myinforms.com/en-us/a/2328268...-located-safe/
    Paul Sapourn, who had been reported missing in L.A., has been located and is safe, according to family…
    I don't know how much weight this will cut, but it sounds like he's safe..

EDM culture also commonly involves drugs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAEigenguy View Post
    On the Facebook page, they mention that he was going through some personal issues. I haven't yet gotten a reason as to why he was in LA though I literally just posted on FB and Reddit asking so I expect it might take some time given the number of comments.

Some things come to mind:

1) Couchsurfing danger. On the page, it is said he was last trying to find a place to stay for the night. This would be an easy way to do so. It's usually safe, but there have been stories of people getting raped and murdered.

3) I would be looking in West Hollywood, if not already.

Michael Negrete went missing in 1999 from UCLA's Dykstra Hall. He was said to be into raves (which has evolved into what is now the EDM culture) and it suspected to possibly be related to his disappearance.