Bosma Murder Trial 02.02.16 - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

This is the Bosma murder trial discussion thread.

Please post your comments here, and at all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be pm'ing you, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

I can post Mark Carcasole's tweets until 1:35 pm and will need someone else to pick up for me afterwards.

Thank you, in advance, to all those who take the time out of their day to kindly post tweets
for us! :cheerful:

My only post before Day 2 starts but I wanted to touch on this since we were batting it around in the Day 1 thread but I think we missed something.... We were discussing why SB wasn't asked straight out if those were the men that were at her house that night, by the Crown or the Defense. Look at the wording of the question posed to her...had she seen them BEFORE May 6, 2013? I skirted over this thinking they were establishing that they had never had contact with them at any point in the past. But the way it is worded it is suggesting that she did see them on May 6, 2013, but not previous to then.

Shannon Martin@ShannonMartinTV
Crown points to Dellen Millard + Mark Smich asks Sharlene Bosma, have you ever seen these men before May 6, 2013? Crying, Sharlene says no

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 37s37 seconds ago
Courtroom for #MillardSmich trial is now open. Slightly less full than yesterday. Will be a shorter day today.

@AdamCarterCBC tweets are in LIVE BLOG.

Millard is scanning the courtroom as if looking for someone. He has been taking notes throughout the proceedings.

Can someone do AdamCarter's blog?

(matou, I checked in for Adam Carter in the tweet roll call)

Court is now in session. Waiting on the jury to be brought in.
by Adam Carter 1:04 PM

Feb 2 2016 1:01 PM Sharlene Bosma is here in the body of the court, as she testified yesterday.

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:57 PM Millard is scanning the courtroom as if looking for someone. He has been taking notes throughout the proceedings

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:56 PM A full courtroom here again today. Every seat is filled.

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:50 PM Now entering the courtroom. We're due to start at 1 PM .

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:43 PM Lawyers, family and police investigators who worked on the case now entering the courtroom.

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:21 PM Lots of Tim Bosma's family and friends here in line - including his widow Sharlene. She testified yesterday, so she'll likely be in the body of the court today.

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:13 PM There's another line to get into the courtroom here today. Not as crazy as yesterday, but people were still lining up hours before the courtroom even opens.

EDIT: In general I'm going to wait until there are a few posts to paste, unless it's something major. It doesn't mean I'm not watching. :)

Adam Carter
Feb 2 2016 12:21 PM Lots of Tim Bosma's family and friends here in line - including his widow Sharlene. She testified yesterday, so she'll likely be in the body of the court today.

Is that usual? For the immediate family to have to line up to get into the court room? I just assumed that they would have a spot reserved for them.

Is that usual? For the immediate family to have to line up to get into the court room? I just assumed that they would have a spot reserved for them.

Immediate family does have a reserved spot. They still have to line up to get into the courthouse though.

Wayne De Boer, the Bosma's downstairs neighbour/tenant, is now heading to the witness box.
by Adam Carter 1:09 PM

Jury now being brought in.
by Adam Carter 1:07 PM

That's 10:15 p.m.
by Adam Carter 1:12 PM

Around 10:15 De Boer got a text from Sharlene Bosma saying that Tim wasn't back yet and she was worried.
by Adam Carter 1:11 PM

De Boer said after the truck left the Bosma's house, he went back to his apartment and started watching the Leafs hockey game again.
by Adam Carter 1:11 PM

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted
Sam Pazzano ‏@SamPazzano 12m12 minutes ago
Accused killer Dellen Millard stared at Bosma widow from time she left the witness stand to the courtroom door, spinning round in his chair.

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted
Sam Pazzano ‏@SamPazzano 8m8 minutes ago
To her credit, Sharlene Bosma stared right back at Millard. She was a courageous, honest witness whose testimony evoked laughter and tears.

Tweets from yesterday, hadn't seen these.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
DeBoer recounting thinking the situation was "weird" as #TimBosma & two potential truck buyers pulled away. Went downstairs to watch hockey.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 42s43 seconds ago
It wasn't till about 10:15 or so that DeBoer ft a text from Sharlene #Bosma. "She was worried." Tim hadn't come home yet.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 6s7 seconds ago
A nervous Sharlene wanted to "break" her & DeBoer's no smoking rule. Went outside to smoke and plan. DeBoer offered to drive out & search.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 23s24 seconds ago
DeBoer checked a nearby Tim Hortons. "No sign of #TimBosma." Drive to the lot of a nearby plaza. Nothing.

Sharlene asked De Boer to check other parking lots like Canadian Tire, Future Shop and Starbucks in the area, but still, no sign of him.
by Adam Carter 1:14 PM

De Boer and Sharlene Bosma had a smoke in their garage, and were talking about how she couldn't get a hold of Tim - his phone was going right to voice mail. He said he'd get in his car and check the Tim Hortons where the two men had said they'd be to see if they were there. That was about 10:40 p.m. They weren't at the Tim Horton's.
by Adam Carter 1:13 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member