Charley Project

borges_michael.jpg
borges_michael2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: April 30, 2005 from Fayetteville, North Carolina
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: July 14, 1987
• Height and Weight: 6'0 - 6'1, 150 - 170 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (African-American/Hispanic) male. Black hair, brown eyes. Michael has an M-shaped scar on his upper right arm, acne scars on his face, and a gap between his teeth. His hair was styled in an Afro at the time of his disappearance. He has a deep voice and he walks with a slow gait. Michael is of Puerto Rican descent.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black tank top under a baggy white t-shirt with cut-off sleeves and the sides ripped to the waist, baggy blue jeans and tennis shorts.

Details of Disappearance
Michael was last seen when he was dropped off by a friend in the Quail Ridge subdivision at the intersection of Tolgate Road and Old Spears Road in Fayetteville, North Carolina, a couple of blocks from his own home, at 6:00 p.m. on April 30, 2005. He has never been heard from again. That day, he'd told his mother he wasn't feeling well and she asked why he was going out, and he didn't answer the question and simply told her he was coming right home.

Michael may have traveled to Newark, New Jersey after his disappearance. He had lived in Newark with his father and attended Technology High School there until July 2004, when he left to go live with his mother in Fayetteville. Authorities aren't sure whether he left of his own accord, but it's highly unusual for a runaway to not contact his family and friends for years. Michael was a senior at Douglas Byrd High School at the time of his disappearance. He had enlisted in the Navy's early entry program, but was discharged shortly before he vanished. Investigators believe his disappearance may be gang-related. Foul play is possible in Michael's case, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

NC police need help finding teen missing since 2005

Michael James Borges, who was 17 at the time, was reported missing on April 30, 2005. He was last seen a couple of blocks away from his home in the Quailridge subdivision at the intersection of Tolgate road and Old Spears Road.

Police say Borges has not been seen or heard from since then.

Gang violence may be key to Fayetteville missing case - January 2011

I have been aware of Michael's case since 2007. He is only a few years older then me and it was hard to wrap my head around how a teen could disappear off the face of the earth. I'm local to NC so would stay up late reading all the casefiles from my state. Always assumed foul play was related to his case. Hope we find answers soon.

Jan 15, 2011

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back