Identified! IL - Riverdale, Male body in mortician's garage, lottery ticket, Pompey Hicks III

ctaylor

Reaction score
Just read this article and could not find a thread on it...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/news/ct-riverdale-bodies-update-0127-20160126-story.html

Lottery ticket, suit coat size may be clues to ID remains found in garage

Dennis Sullivan
Chicago Tribune

Illinois State Police are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the last of four bodies recovered in September from the property of a Riverdale mortician who had been the subject of multiple court orders to cease and desist his in-home mortuary practices.

Master Sgt. Jason Bradley said the person who remains unidentified "was wearing a 5XL suit coat, so we speculate he was a large individual.

Bradley said a lottery ticket in the coat, dated Oct. 20, 2014, might be a clue to the general time of the individual's death.

On NAMUS there was a case entered on January 2015 for Homer Jones, who was from Chicago, was last seen on October 24, 2014 (4 days after the lottery draw) and he weighed 350 pounds. I don't know if that would be considered enough to call in or suggest a match? Thought I would at least post the thread to see if anyone else could find a link.

This is Homer Jones page on NAMUS. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27496/7/

Apart from the lottery ticket and weight, there is no age range or other clues yet available

Unless they want to part with more information to lead us in another direction I'd call it in; 350 and 5XL is good enough for me...

I can't find an update; appears this gentleman is still unidentified.

I may be wrong in interpreting the circumstances here, but I don't think the individual they are looking to identify will be in any 'missing persons' database. I'm guessing a family/group employed the services of this unscrupulous mortician after this gentleman had died a natural death.

is it possible that the embalmed head in PA was from this guy?

Apart from the lottery ticket and weight, there is no age range or other clues yet available

If the remains wearing the coat that was mentioned were Mr Hicks, how did that lottery ticket (from a few years after his death) get there?

Maybe I don't want to know...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back