GUILTY TX - Joshua Henry, 15, Lancaster, 27 September 2005

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
Police seek 2 missing from Lancaster, Tx

[size=-1]07:28 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 [/size]

A teen and adult woman allegedly were abducted by the woman's husband Tuesday afternoon, Lancaster police announced Wednesday in requesting the public's help in finding them. Police said they believe Brian Montez Booker, 37, took his wife, Yolanda, from her job shortly before noon Tuesday. Booker then drove to Lancaster Junior High and checked Joshua Henry, 15, out of school minutes later.

Sometime later in the day, police said, Booker contacted his brother by phone in Lufkin and told him that he was going to kill both victims. Police added that Yolanda Booker has called a co-worker but stated that she could not tell her where she was.

Booker is said to be driving in a white, 1997, four-door Toyota Avalon XL with gold trim and silver rims, with Colorado license plate 456-BZO.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the suspect and victims is urged to contact Lancaster police at 972-227-4006.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa050928_am_amberalert.a1647408.html

That reporting of the story doesn't seem to make sense.

If he was kidnapping the wife, why wouldn't she just walk into the school and say help?

Then, why would she call a friend and act all cagey about it?

I don't understand this story. Prayers they are okay.

KatherineQ said:
That reporting of the story doesn't seem to make sense.

If he was kidnapping the wife, why wouldn't she just walk into the school and say help?

Then, why would she call a friend and act all cagey about it?

I don't understand this story. Prayers they are okay.

It makes sense if the woman was threatened in some way when he took her from her work. He probably went into the school with her to get the teen. I would imagine there was a threat there too. If the guy called his brother and said he was going to kill his wife and son then he had probably used some sort of threat. The police didn't say that he has a gun but that doesn't mean he doesn't have one. It's hard to say why the wife was allowed to call a co-worker but there must have been a reason. From what I know, if someone has a gun or threatens bodily harm a person usually does what they are told to do in the hope of staying alive.

It would be wonderful if this story was a hoax of some sort but how often does that happened compared to the times that the story is true? Not often that I am aware of. I hope LE can find this woman and her son...alive and safe.

Missing boy found dead

Stepfather wanted by Lancaster authorities

09:02 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 28, 2005

By HOLLY YAN / The Dallas Morning News

Authorities were searching Wednesday night for a man who authorities believe killed his stepson and kidnapped his wife a day earlier.

Joshua Henry, 14, was found dead about 5:45 p.m. in the 2400 block of Main Street in Lancaster, police said. Lancaster Independent School District Police Chief Sam Allen said the body was found in a rural area about 25 feet off the roadway by district workers.

He declined to say how Joshua was killed.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092905dnmetlancaster.da3f8270.html

Lancaster police issued an Amber Alert Wednesday for a teenage boy and his mother who were likely taken hostage against their will.

Police told NBC 5 that Brian Montez Booker, 37, abducted his wife, Yolanda Booker, also 37, at her workplace just before noon on Tuesday.

Booker then drove to Lancaster Junior High School and checked out Joshua Henry, Yolanda Booker's 14-year-old son, NBC 5 reported.
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5032850/detail.html

mysteriew said:
I started a new thread in Located, but as far as I can tell at this point, the mother Yolanda Booker is still missing.
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5032850/detail.html

I clicked on the above link and it says the mother was found at the house. I am moving this to located forum and will merge the threads! Thank you to all of you who get this info posted so quickly!

The link I am talking about is the one that is for Dallas news! Sorry for the confusion.

Animal04216 said:
I clicked on the above link and it says the mother was found at the house. I am moving this to located forum and will merge the threads! Thank you to all of you who get this info posted so quickly!

Animal, I can't see where the mother was found, but that is great. I do see an article that says Booker was arrested:
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5034352/detail.html

I just reread the article too. I note that they have just updated the article, but I don't see any mention of them finding the mother.

I've been searching, but I can't find where Yolanda was found.

SewingDeb said:
Animal, I can't see where the mother was found, but that is great. I do see an article that says Booker was arrested:
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5034352/detail.html

Sorry guys I was rushing this morning and did not realize what link was on the quoted post! I clicked on the Dallas news link and it said the mother was at the house where step father was arrested. Funny though now if you go to Dallas news it says page not found when you click on the story! I will edit my other post so I dont confuse anyone else LOL.

Stepdad arrested after Dallas-area teen found dead

LANCASTER — A man whose 14-year-old stepson was found dead in suburban Dallas was in custody today in Colorado, Aurora police said.

Brian Montez Booker, 37, was arrested overnight in Aurora, police spokesman Marcus Dudley said.

Booker's stepson Joshua Henry, who had been the focus of an Amber Alert, was found dead about 5:45 p.m. Wednesday in a vacant area off Main Street in Lancaster, Texas, according to Police Chief Sam Allen of the Lancaster Independent School District.

His mother, Yolanda Booker, 37, who police say was kidnapped from her job, was missing.

An unidentified woman was with Booker when police arrested him, Dudley said.

Police found Booker after a relative in Aurora called police Wednesday night, saying Booker was in their home and armed, Dudley said. The relative told police he was afraid for the other family members in the home.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3374577

Was the unidentified woman Joshua's mother? I'm assuming she was since some other reports say she was found in the house.

From November 2007:

http://law.justia.com/cases/texas/fifth-court-of-appeals/2007/05-06-01185-cr-6.html

A jury convicted Brian Montez Booker of murder and aggravated kidnapping and assessed his punishment at life and thirty years confinement, respectively...

Joshua's best friend, Zaneta Herst, testified she was serving as an office aide at Lancaster junior high on September 27 when appellant came to the office and asked to take Joshua out of school... Zaneta testified Joshua left the school with appellant. The time written on the hall pass was 11:57 a.m. At 12:35 p.m., thirty-eight minutes after Joshua left school with appellant, appellant arrived at Yolanda's work. He waited for the lobby to clear, then pointed a gun at Yolanda and told her that if she screamed and did not leave with him, he was going to kill her... Appellant's actions were caught on the company's surveillance camera, along with the time the incident occurred. The surveillance photographs showed Joshua was not with appellant and Yolanda...

Yolanda testified appellant asked her if she wanted to go to Denver and she said “yes” because she thought appellant would kill her if she refused... While appellant and Yolanda were sleeping at the home of appellant's nephew, the FBI entered the home and arrested appellant. A victim's advocate in Denver informed Yolanda that Joshua had been murdered in Lancaster the day before

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back