GUILTY Aruba - Patrick Maxwell, U.S. Marine veteran, attacks 70 yo female cab driver

I have done a little research on this man but unsure whether I can post it or not

Ex-US Marine Accused of Running Over Aruba Female Cab Driver
By The Associated Press
ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Feb 3, 2016, 3:12 PM ET

[...]

Police say 30-year-old Patrick Maxwell of Austin, Texas, is charged with attempted rape and aggravated assault. Maxwell appeared in court on Tuesday and remains jailed.

Authorities said Maxwell was on a company trip when he hit taxi driver Grace Angela in the face and threatened to rape her. Authorities said he then got into her taxi and drove away, running over her torso and leg.
Attorney Chris Lejuez said his client does not remember much of what happened.

I have done a little research on this man but unsure whether I can post it or not
He's charged with attempted rape and aggravated assault. You should be fine, Dushi. Just make sure you've got the right guy.

By The Associated Press
ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Feb 3, 2016, 3:12 PM ET

[...]

Police say 30-year-old Patrick Maxwell of Austin, Texas, is charged with attempted rape and aggravated assault. Maxwell appeared in court on Tuesday and remains jailed.

Authorities said Maxwell was on a company trip when he hit taxi driver Grace Angela in the face and threatened to rape her. Authorities said he then got into her taxi and drove away, running over her torso and leg.
Attorney Chris Lejuez said his client does not remember much of what happened.

That is a name from the past

[video=youtube;L8sNkyjPvBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8sNkyjPvBY[/video]

I sent the links to the reporter who did this piece

I wonder what happened here?
He is away with business associates , such a horrible attack

Unsettled at Home, Veterans Volunteer to Fight ISIS
By DAVE PHILIPPS and THOMAS JAMES BRENNAN
MARCH 11, 2015

AUSTIN, Tex. — Last fall, Patrick Maxwell, a 29-year-old Iraq war veteran now selling real estate in this bustling city, saw something in news footage of Islamic fighters in Iraq that he never saw as an infantry Marine there: the enemy.
“We patrolled every day, got shot at, mortared, hit by I.E.D.s, one of my friends was killed,” said Mr. Maxwell, a former sergeant who deployed in 2006 to Anbar Province. “But I never saw the enemy, never fired a shot.”

[...]

After a solid career in the military, which included guarding the president at Camp David and training troops, he left the Marines in 2011. He drifted from job to job, working construction, tending bar and pedaling a bicycle taxi. He also worked as a security contractor guarding an American Consulate in Afghanistan, but left after seven months.

Last fall, as the Islamic State escalated attacks in Iraq, he was buying and selling houses in Austin when it dawned on him that he wanted to return to Iraq to find the enemy that had eluded him nearly a decade before.

Fearing that joining the wrong militia could get him in trouble with antiterrorism laws, Mr. Maxwell contacted a lieutenant in the pesh merga through Facebook and offered his services.

Consider this a rumor as i do not have a link , but i heard he is still in a local cell, not yet transported to Kia.
That is supposed to happen today

Rather ironic that in the beginning of the video Dushi posted, he talks about wanting to fight the bad guys who rape women and children.

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
FEB. 3, 2016, 3:12 P.M. E.S.T.

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — An ex-U.S. Marine has been arrested on suspicion of beating, running over and threatening to rape a 70-year-old female taxi driver in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba.

Sources indicate that he had certain personal problems or issues that might have led to his aggressive behavior and the attack against the innocent victim who has been working as a cabdriver on the island for many years.

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainm...tacks-70-year-old-female-taxi-driver-on-aruba

I wonder what kind of personal problems or issues lead to this:

Maxwell punched her repeatedly in the face while sitting on her torso, and in an attempt to get away when a passerby stopped to come to Angela's aid, Maxwell stole her car and passed it over her body.

I am curious about his behavior and actions prior to the assault.
I read he had personal problems.. what kind?
Did anyone with him notice anything?

How were his interactions with others through out the trip?
Did someone make him angry?

None of the answers really matter.. there is no excuse IMO for his behavior, but I always have a need to know what happens to make someone behave with aggression and lack of concern .
And now, he can't remember...

so, as we know, Aruba does things differently as far as the judicial system goes.
Seems they have a witness, so it should not take long to charge him if he has not been charged already

I am pleased to say that I received a thank you from Dave Phillips for the heads up.
I thought that was very nice of him.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...used-running-aruba-female-cab-driver-36696476

Police said Patrick Maxwell, 30, of Austin, Texas, is charged with attempted rape and aggravated assault. Public Prosecution spokeswoman Ann Angela told The Associated Press on Wednesday that prosecutors have decided Maxwell would be held for another week without bond until his first court hearing Feb. 9.

He did consume alcohol, but that does not explain what may have triggered his actions," Lejuez said.

I’m very libertarian in my beliefs and I don’t think we need to be committing U.S. boots to the ground to do another long war like that, ” he says. “But myself as a private citizen – if I want to go take a vacation and shoot some terrorists in the process, that should be my own business.”

http://www.texasstandard.org/stories/meet-the-texan-who-volunteered-to-fight-isis/

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainm...tacks-70-year-old-female-taxi-driver-on-aruba

Patrick Maxwell (30), from Texas has been identified as the attacker of 70-year-old grandmother of four, Grace Angela, a taxi driver on the Caribbean island of Aruba. Angela, suffered severe injuries during the brutal attack, including seven broken ribs and a broken nose needing reconstructive surgery.

I take particular interest in how posters phrase the start of a new thread. Was ex-marine later deleted from the article you cited when you started this thread?

What a guy.

Former Marine is accused of beating, running over and attempting to rape a 70-year-old female taxi driver while on holiday in Aruba

Grace Angela, a grandmother-of-four, was left with seven broken ribs and a broken nose after the attack. She is pictured here speaking from her hospital bed. According to medics at the hospital, she may need reconstructive surgery to repair the damage to her face.

There are pictures of her at the link. Bruises, broken face.. sad and disturbing. His arrest is also pictured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back