Identified! CA - Riverside Co., WhtFem UP7042, 70-85, bedsores, adult diaper, Mar'94 - Patricia Cavallaro

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 712UFCA

712UFCA.jpg
712UFCA1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female
  • The victim was discovered on March 9, 1994 in Chiriaco Summit, Riverside County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: Six weeks prior to being found
  • Manner of Death: Homicide

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 70-85 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White, thin, hair worn in pony tail, about five inches long. No scars were located.
  • Other: This woman appeared very thin, frail and sickly. She had severe decubitus ulcers to both buttocks.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a pink robe only over a disposable diaper. The robe had no name or labels. No jewelry was found.
  • Dentals: She did not have any teeth or dentures in her mouth.

Case History
The victim was found in open desert west of Cottonwood Springs Road in Chiriaco Summit, California on March 9, 1994. This location was found by hunters and is several miles from any paved roadway.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Riverside County Sheriff's Department
951-443-2300

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
#79546 (U94-013)

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Riverside County Sheriff's Department

Namus

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7042

Doe Network

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/712ufca.html

Those pressure ulcers indicate that she had been bed-bound (probably not for long, it doesn't take a long time for them to get bad) - Did someone decide they didn't want to take care of Grandma?

"She had decubitus ulcers present; 5 cm stage 1 on the left posterior hip, 6 cm stage 1 on the right buttock, and a 3 cm stage 1 on the right posterior hip"
- lostandfound database

https://goo.gl/maps/rhdY6kR96iR2 Probable area where she was buried/found.

She may have slipped into a coma or had something happen to make her not walk anymore i.e., falling. She may have been bed-bound, or she was confined to a wheelchair. Either can have contributed to her bed sores. That tells me she was left by herself most of the times, like at home or poor care. Malnourishment can contribute to bed sores. Her health must have gotten worse all of a sudden (wheelchair or bed-bound) before the people got sick of taking care of her and got rid of her. She also may have been killed for speedy monetary gain.

Usually when the body of a very elder,y person is dumped in a remote area it isn't murder, it is Social Security (or other benefit) fraud. Very often, physically impaired old people have their SS or other checks direct deposited into bank accounts and let someone else have access in order to pay their bills from that account. This other person is often an adult child or other relative. If the elderly person dies, the checks stop unless the issuing agency doesn't know about it.

If that person dies in a hospital or if the death is reported to the county by a mortuary or other entity that would be involved in handling a death, the report will also find its way to check issuing agencies. If there is no report of death, checks will continue; but government agencies do have ways of finding out eventually.

agreed on this, it took ten years for a person I knew doing this to catch up with them when their dad died. They owed over 200k to the government.

In cases like this, where social security fraud is possible, it would probably be worth the government working with DDP to identify the deceased and thereby the person likely to have dumped the body.

This is heartbreaking. I'm sure there's no missing persons report for her as she was clearly not well taken care of and dumped.

Here's another similar case: 100UFCA
Both elderly women in poor health, buried in the desert in the same county a few months apart. Either a very strange coincidence or they're connected... My thought is an unlicensed care home.

The case Ivonne mentioned is similar too, but I doubt they're connected despite the fact they were wearing identical clothing. The woman in LA's death sounds like an accidental overdose, whereas someone clearly went out of their way to hide this woman's body.

Refreshing the thread…

Why do they think it's a Homicide?
Is it not possible she was suffering from dementia or was confused, wandered away and got lost?
I've seen several missing persons shows where old people walked off, one was found dehydrated near a freeway and he couldn't remember how to get home :(

Is it not possible she was suffering from dementia or was confused, wandered away and got lost?
I've seen several missing persons shows where old people walked off, one was found dehydrated near a freeway and he couldn't remember how to get home :(

I assume because she was buried. Either she was murdered, or like what someone said earlier, this is a case of social security/benefit fraud and whoever was caring for her buried her body after she died of natural causes.

I assume because she was buried. Either she was murdered, or like what someone said earlier, this is a case of social security/benefit fraud and whoever was caring for her buried her body after she died of natural causes.

I feel like there must have been some sort of indication that she was murdered for them to say that besides being buried, but I could be wrong. I'm thinking along the lines of gunshot wounds on bones, saw/stab marks on bones, etc.

If she had severe bedsores, she wasn't up and wandering around. Someone had to have placed her there.

DNA from son of cold case victim helps identify woman, 57, whose body was wrapped in plastic cover and dumped in shallow grave in California desert 28 years ago​

1692633187506.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling