1020 users online (176 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Fresno Co., WhtFem HC866, 17-25, in shallow grave near I-5, Jul'93

The Doe Network:
    Hot Case 866

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase866.html

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on July 12, 1993 in Three Rocks, Fresno County, California
    • Estimated Date of Death: 2 months prior

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 17-25 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4; 120-130 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, medium-brown hair.
    • Clothing: She was wearing a tan-colored T-shirt with "California" and three rats on the front and back of the shirt; a white long-sleeved shirt with navy pinstripes; blue cutoff shorts; and two pieces of jewelry, including a silver cross. There was a ring on her right ring finger. Mounted on it was a picture of a boy, about 3 or 4 years old. He appears in a tiny black-and-white photograph with light-colored hair, wearing what appears to be a dark polo-type shirt. There's no clue where the picture was taken, and police have no idea who the boy might be.
    • Dentals: A gold cap on an upper right molar.
    • Fingerprints: Available
      Case History
      The victim was located when an anonymous caller, likely a passing motorist, telephoned the Sheriff's Department and reported seeing a hand protruding from dirt near Three Rocks, a tiny farming community about 50 miles southwest of Fresno.
      The badly decomposed body of a woman was unearthed. It could have been there more than two months.
      A fingerprint check with the state's Department of Justice computer records, which also includes records from other western states, came up empty.
      Missing-persons cases from throughout the state were checked with no matches. With the body so close to I-5, investigators assumed the woman could have been from almost anywhere.
      Although the cause of death has not been determined, Fresno County sheriff's detectives are handling the case as a homicide.

Investigators
      If you have any information about this case please contact:
      Fresno County Sheriff's Department
      Homicide Cold Case Unit
      559-488-3638

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
      Source Information:
      The Fresno Bee

They don't have any reconstructions of the Doe or the picture of her jewelry?

Is there no Namus for this? If there is, I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    They don't have any reconstructions of the Doe or the picture of her jewelry?
    Maybe the ring is artigianal

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Photo-Ring

Christine Boggio (missing from Vallego, California May 30, 1993) or Sarah Norfleet (missing from Utah June 20, 1993 - Charley Project doesn't mention this, but her Namus profile states she may have travelled to California). Both within the right timeframe, height, weight, age, brown hair). Sarah Norfleet is the least likely of the two with surgical plates in her maxilla, which isn't mentioned with the victim's description and disappeared under a month before the remains were found (2 months+ is the estimate).

They both seem to have a suspect in their disappearances, which makes it possible either one was murdered and buried, not just on the run by choice.

My two cents.
    Paisley

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley_in_Ottawa View Post
    Christine Boggio (missing from Vallego, California May 30, 1993) or Sarah Norfleet (missing from Utah June 20, 1993 - Charley Project doesn't mention this, but her Namus profile states she may have travelled to California). Both within the right timeframe, height, weight, age, brown hair). Sarah Norfleet is the least likely of the two with surgical plates in her maxilla, which isn't mentioned with the victim's description and disappeared under a month before the remains were found (2 months+ is the estimate).

They both seem to have a suspect in their disappearances, which makes it possible either one was murdered and buried, not just on the run by choice.

My two cents.
    Christine Boggio https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31604/0/

Sarah Norfleet https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1352/0/

Her killer didn't seem concerned that the picture of the boy might link LE to her identity. Maybe the killer had no real connection to her himself: she was a hitchhiker he picked up, prostitute, etc. If she was living a transient life she may never have been reported missing.

Any thoughts on Christine or Sarah ?
    Paisley

they both be could be this Doe - but so could many others sadly. I wish they there was a image released of the boy in her ring found on her right finger. I think now after so many years such a image might bring leads.

Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    Her killer didn't seem concerned that the picture of the boy might link LE to her identity. Maybe the killer had no real connection to her himself: she was a hitchhiker he picked up, prostitute, etc. If she was living a transient life she may never have been reported missing.
    Drove past there two weeks ago on my way back to Fresno, brrr. Didn't know this then, but it's such a teeny isolated community. I can't imagine transients there, surrounded by agriculture, unless they're migrant
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

My father worked on various farms in Three Rocks from 1988 until 1992, and was born & raised nearby, so he is very familiar with this area.

During last summer, the two of us were driving down rows of fields in Huron. He motioned to one of the fields, and said "There was a dead man dumped there." He explained that, when he was doing work in the fields around 1990, he happened upon the body of a Hispanic guy. He couldn't remember if he'd been stabbed or shot, but he was murdered. He added that, in that area, there were lots of farm workers, some of which were illegal immigrants.

I'm thinking the UID woman may have been an illegal immigrant and either the communication between the two countries in the early '90s was poor, or that her family feared filing a missing person report for her out of fear of being discovered as illegal immigrants.

I think this case could really benefit from a facial reconstruction--someone that worked there around that time may recognize her from that. There is a decent chance my father could've known her at one point, so I would really love to see a reconstruction.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

They should try circulating the picture of the boy on Facebook. Also, is it possible the remains had been there for less than 2 months? July in that part of California gets up to 110, when I went there in the summer it was 110. I imagine a body would decompose pretty quickly in that weather.

I keep thinking of Marilee Bruszer's estimated date of death being far off.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley_in_Ottawa View Post

My two cents.
    How do you go about finding matches. Are these two listed here some where or do you Google it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle G View Post
    How do you go about finding matches. Are these two listed here some where or do you Google it?
    I usually search Charley Project and go by chronological dates, usually I go about 2 years past the date of death (Just in case they ran away before dying). Then I click on each name that sounds like the right gender, click new window until the tabs are super tiny, then go through them and see if any match the parameters of what I'm looking for (Height, weight, hair colour, age, etc.)

My way is a bit labour intensive though, You can easily just go to Namus and do a search specifically looking for people who fit in the parameters, but it doesn't often give much back story and some people put in little to no information on missing people

These two are straight out of Namus. Sometimes I look at Charley to verify or find additional info, but I usually just put in the known perimeters - hair colour, height, eye colour if available, approximate age, and make some assumptions about how much earlier they would have disappeared. Sometimes I rule out the obvious myself (lost at sea, tattoos where the UID had none, that sort of thing). Sometimes it's not the state the UID was found in, but the circumstances say things like "headed for California", etc.
    Paisley

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast