950 users online (130 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Hi Limaes!

I guess you're having winter now? Hope you're staying warm. Here it's HOT.

I've seen various opinions on what Zellner is trying to do with this brief. One opinion is Zellner's trying to align the case to the release of MaM2 and endeavored to create a story for the series, and that she doesn't really believe RH had anything to do with TH's murder. More cynical types have opined maybe she's trying to dump her guilty client and back away since she knows he did it.

She didn't even have the C14 test run, which she made a big deal about late summer/early fall last year.

Her burden was high, as she has reminded people, she has to prove him innocent. She was trying to go for exoneration, not a new trial. This huge document doesn't prove SA innocent, and while she's attempted to name "the killer," there's no evidence linking him to the murder. Since Teresa herself didn't know she'd be at ASY until later morning of Oct 31, RH couldn't have known her schedule. The brief contains lots of conjecture and speculation, but so far no evidence to implicate him.

I don't think she met her stated goal with this brief and I don't think it's even close. It wouldn't surprise me if she saw the writing on the wall months ago.

Yes, winter time here atm. Time for weekends spent in front of the TV. Wonder if there is any good Netflix documentaries coming up? 😊

My longtime feelings is that this is all about putting together a second series. That brief only appeases the deeply entrenched supporters, not a court imo.

As far as the timing, I think her filing just 2 days before CrimeCon is too big of a coincidence to ignore. She filed on the Wednesday, by Friday (when Fassbender & Kratz debuted at CrimeCon) the public had copies of the brief and all talk was on that.

What a shame the filmakers weren't interested in making their own appearance at the convention. Perhaps they didn't want to answer any tough questions from the public...their viewers?

From what I have read so far, SA supporters have to ignore the evidence in their queen's brief if they wish to keep pushing the same theories they have been since day one.

Her brief is a gift to guilters. All the things we keep saying e.g Loof alerted from Avery's trailer, not the deer camp one etc have been validated by her. 😂

How funny that one of her witnesses is SA? LOL He has changed his story AGAIN!

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    LOL @ good Netflix documentaries. I can highly recommend "House of Cards." And that title works well for the nearly 1,300 page brief. ;-D

Did you see the tweet she put out about a month ago in which she said (paraphrasing) she couldn't care less about the supporters and they have no clue about the complexity of the case... She rejected the theories sent to her and actually insulted SA's followers. She was happy to take all their donations though (so much for the self-funded claim).

Not only did Zellner fail to prove the things she would prove, the brief is filled with "ifs," "could haves" and speculation up the wazoo. She swore the testing would prove her client innocent, no maybes. It did not. It actually removed major pieces of the conspiracy that were proposed by followers. I've seen people who were waiting patiently for that tsunami she promised and when they finally got it and read what it contained they realized it was a whole lot of nothing. I've seen at least a dozen people say they're "disappointed" in the brief's contents, and they're "confused" by what they had been promised.

She admitted LE did not plant things despite insisting it was so. She's now tried to pass it all off to RH.

Remember how it was claimed TH's key was rubbed on SA's slippers? The brief says absolutely not.
    Remember how it was claimed TH's phone pings proved she was in or near Whitlaw? Never mentioned in the brief.

This was her best effort, her one shot. As with her prior motion, there are many mistakes being listed and detailed elsewhere, dozens of discrepancies and even some outright mistruths.

I haven't got through it all yet but there is so many things that make no sense at all.

Remember her August filing? She erroneously claimed that Radant could not have seen the fire behind the garage because it was not viewable from where he was even though his statement (that she included) clearly says it was the BURN BARREL. Now, she is using his affidavit and saying he never told investigators he seen the burn pit fire and that it was the BURN BARREL. lol Ohh myy ggod! The only person that claimed he said the burn pit...was HER! This is some bat s**t crazy stuff.

I've read a bit about the "groin swab" caper. Lol She claims the expert says the sample with his DNA was never used to swab the hood latch but the expert actually discusses the quantity of hood latch debris on this same swab. If it wasn't used on the hood latch, then how the heck did he get hood latch debris on his groin?

I was expecting a dodgy brief, but this has exceeded my expectations by a country mile.

And yes, I did hear about her insulting the supporters, which is strange because wasn't she asking for their "tips" not long before?

For the Halbach's sake I hope this goes no further so they do not have to relive it again. If it does, I will enjoy seeing SA testifying and finally answering to his many lies and changing stories.

All JMO 😊

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Zellner Offers $10,000 If You Pass Her Steven Avery Proof Of Guilt Challenge

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/ze...uilt-challenge

Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

Here is the direct link to the challenge

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...tions+7-27.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    here is the direct link to the challenge

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...tions+7-27.pdf
    limaes?, ranch?, madeleine?
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

'Making a Murderer' Lawyer Admits He Was Ineffective In Steven Avery Trial, New Attorney Says Teresa Halbach 'Was Victim of Sexual Violence'

In a signed affidavit filed to a Manitowoc County court Thursday, and obtained by Newsweek, Strang said he was ineffective because he did not consider using a blood splatter expert and a ballistics expert to disprove some of the state’s theories tying Avery to Halbach’s death.
    I brought up the idea that Steven Avery should have used ineffective assistance of counsel early in his appeal. I was told by members here that it wasn't possible because of Strickland. I was also told that they did a good job with the resourses that they had.

I'm now vinticated with the words of Strang admitting that they did a poor job. Personaly I feel they missed more than what Strang admitted to. JMO

http://www.newsweek.com/making-murde...ial-new-714579

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    'Making a Murderer' Lawyer Admits He Was Ineffective In Steven Avery Trial, New Attorney Says Teresa Halbach 'Was Victim of Sexual Violence'

I brought up the idea that Steven Avery should have used ineffective assistance of counsel early in his appeal. I was told by members here that it wasn't possible because of Strickland. I was also told that they did a good job with the resourses that they had.

I'm now vinticated with the words of Strang admitting that they did a poor job. Personaly I feel they missed more than what Strang admitted to. JMO

Congratulations on your being vindicated! I think many of us are finding that this is the case as Zellner moves forward
    JMO of course

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

When in the appeal did you bring up that idea. Before Zellner? Ineffective assistance of council has always been part of her argument.
    Are you starting to lean to the other side of the fence RANCH?
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

As my husband and I sit here and discuss how pathetic this entire process has been, how LONG it's taken for the obvious ( in our minds ) truth to start to unravel, we reflect back on the end of MAM..
    FWIW, Buting and Strang said time and again, even stating at the end of the series how SAD it was for Steve that he had run out of resources. I can't say for sure what they meant by saying/discussing that but I will say this..
    I think it's absolutely SICK that Steve Avery allocated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a defense that pretty much got him no where! At the time, most of the world thought he had it pretty darn good with Buting and Strang, ( myself included ) which looking back, and knowing what we know now.. pathetic!!
    As my husband and I sit here and discuss how pathetic this entire process has been, we can't help but to think about how in America, I don't know if it's the Wisconsin Judicial System or if it's being an Avery, but in America, hundreds of thousands of dollars might not get you very far should you be convicted of a crime.
    My husband and I were always under the impression " money talks " until THIS case.
    Even if Zellner frees SA... And I'm confident she will, I've never been more AWARE than I am NOW, of just how flawed, of how broken & biased our system truly is.
    Obviously JMO

Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    As my husband and I sit here and discuss how pathetic this entire process has been, how LONG it's taken for the obvious ( in our minds ) truth to start to unravel, we reflect back on the end of MAM..
    FWIW, Buting and Strang said time and again, even stating at the end of the series how SAD it was for Steve that he had run out of resources. I can't say for sure what they meant by saying/discussing that but I will say this..
    I think it's absolutely SICK that Steve Avery allocated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a defense that pretty much got him no where! At the time, most of the world thought he had it pretty darn good with Buting and Strang, ( myself included ) which looking back, and knowing what we know now.. pathetic!!
    As my husband and I sit here and discuss how pathetic this entire process has been, we can't help but to think about how in America, I don't know if it's the Wisconsin Judicial System or if it's being an Avery, but in America, hundreds of thousands of dollars might not get you very far should you be convicted of a crime.
    My husband and I were always under the impression " money talks " until THIS case.
    Even if Zellner frees SA... And I'm confident she will, I've never been more AWARE than I am NOW, of just how flawed, of how broken & biased our system truly is.

Obviously JMO

BBM

Your comment shows how our system of justice is not flawed or broken. When presented with solid evidence a jury of his peers found Steven Avery guilty. His appeals have so far failed. It shows us that money can't always buy a murderer freedom. JMO

BBM

Your comment shows how our system of justice is not flawed or broken. When presented with solid evidence a jury of his peers found Steven Avery guilty. His appeals have so far failed. It shows us that money can't always buy a murderer freedom. JMO
    I absolutely agree with you, RANCH, money can't buy freedom.
    As far as " solid evidence " goes..
    Show me solid evidence of a competent investigation, unbiased and honest policework, a confession not coerced & then some.
    Joyce Brown, Raymond Towler, Thomas Thompson, Earl Washington Jr. Ryan Ferguson, Earl Truvia, Gregory Bright..
    I could go on and on with folks who were wrongly convicted & MANY exonerated because of DNA evidence, prosecutors withheld evidence, coerced/false confessions and other factors.
    IMO our system is flawed.
    There are MANY cases where the prosecution or police, judge or even member(s) of a jury, have acted as if they were above the law.
    Hell, in this VERY case, the DEFENSE, who was FOR the ACCUSED, acted as if he were above the law.
    If the way LK " defended " BD from the word GO isn't evidence enough of a flawed system, Idk what is.
    JMO

Edited to add
    LK defending BD is one example of how I feel we have a flawed system. I do realize this is the Steven Avery thread so if you'd like me to give a " Avery " reason, I'd be happy to do that. I apologize for blending the 2 cases together.
    Incase that offended anyone
    Last edited by dexter75; 11-20-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you, RANCH, money can't buy freedom.
    As far as " solid evidence " goes..
    Show me solid evidence of a competent investigation, unbiased and honest policework, a confession not coerced & then some.
    Joyce Brown, Raymond Towler, Thomas Thompson, Earl Washington Jr. Ryan Ferguson, Earl Truvia, Gregory Bright..
    I could go on and on with folks who were wrongly convicted & MANY exonerated because of DNA evidence, prosecutors withheld evidence, coerced/false confessions and other factors.
    IMO our system is flawed.
    There are MANY cases where the prosecution or police, judge or even member(s) of a jury, have acted as if they were above the law.
    Hell, in this VERY case, the DEFENSE, who was FOR the ACCUSED, acted as if he were above the law.
    If the way LK " defended " BD from the word GO isn't evidence enough of a flawed system, Idk what is.
    JMO

Edited to add
    LK defending BD is one example of how I feel we have a flawed system. I do realize this is the Steven Avery thread so if you'd like me to give a " Avery " reason, I'd be happy to do that. I apologize for blending the 2 cases together.
    Incase that offended anyone
    I'm not about to debate that there is never cases where people have been wrongly convicted. I'm just not sure that it happened in this case.

It's off topic to talk about the US justice system being "flawed" but personally I think it's the best system around.

The ALL CAPS yelling that you use in your post is upsetting to me. For some reason Steven Avery defenders try to intimidate other members with shouts and challenges.

I don't care for that at all.

I'm not about to debate that there is never cases where people have been wrongly convicted. I'm just not sure that it happened in this case.

It's off topic to talk about the US justice system being "flawed" but personally I think it's the best system around.

The ALL CAPS yelling that you use in your post is upsetting to me. For some reason Steven Avery defenders try to intimidate other members with shouts and challenges.

I don't care for that at all.
    You said my comment
    showed how our justice system wasn't flawed or broken, I was just trying to explain where I was coming from. Stating my opinion/POV & a bit of information as to WHY I feel the way I do is all.
    I agree with you, it's the best there is.
    I am not yelling when all caps show up, I'm sorry capital letters in my sentences are offensive. My phone, has certain words stored that I have put in caps to put emphasis on said words. ( Be it my everyday conversations, here, FB, etc. ) Said words are NOT at all ment to yell at anyone.
    Personal attacks are against WS rules and I try extremely hard to word each post accordingly.
    Enjoy your day/evening

I am so forgetful, RANCH.
    I had seen CoolJ ask a few posts back if you were leaning this way or something similar? Are you maybe rethinking your opinion of the case?
    Obviously you owe me no answer, I was just curious being the title of the thread was For those who do not think Avery was framed
    In any case, it's good to hear from you.
    Last edited by dexter75; 11-20-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast