Determined Squirrels Fill Woman's Car With Nuts

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Twin Cities woman has a pesky problem with her new car: squirrels leaving nuts behind in her car.

lg

"I was freaking out because I didn't want anything wrong with it since it's brand new," said Tiffany Smith, of Fridley, Minn.

Smith said she kept hearing strange noises coming from her car and thought there were rocks in her engine.

"I popped (the hood) open, looked under it and just screamed," Smith said.

Not rocks, but thousands of walnuts stashed under the hood. At first, Smith said she thought it was a prank, but she soon found a nest.

"She was crying, and I said, 'Isn't it just a little bit funny,' and she said 'Well, I guess kind of a little funny,'" said Kim Vertbrugge, Smith's mother.

The squirrels continue to pull their gags on Smith. She keeps cleaning out the car, but the squirrels continue to fill it back up.

"There has to be more than one doing it though," Smith said. "It can't be just one squirrel. There are way too many walnuts."

000thenutz3pp.gif

http://wcco.com/seenon/local_story_264093153.html

That poor girl! It's funny, but I know it's not funny to her.

LOL, I once had a robin's nest with nine eggs on the engine!

We've got a huge walnut tree next door, but it hangs over our property. The squirrels don't' hide them in my car; they just wait until you're walking past and then drop them down on you.

Then you can hear them laugh.

Pook said:
We've got a huge walnut tree next door, but it hangs over our property. The squirrels don't' hide them in my car; they just wait until you're walking past and then drop them down on you.

Then you can hear them laugh.

They do that to my daughter when I send her out to pick up the apples that have fallen off our apple tree. She's been bonked with so many apples that she's taken to wearing a helmet when she does the job. I swear I've seen those squirrels high-fiving each other when they score a direct hit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back