IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Since there has been discussion about theories I thought I would throw this one out.

I looked up JMW's mug shot from this website:

http://www.sexoffenderrecord.com/offender/view/698701

His employment says: RLH Sealcoating 1970 Old St RD 44 Martinsville, Indiana. Don't know when he was employed there.

When I looked up about the company it is listed under paving and construction. Since there was a lot of construction across from 5N when LS went missing it would be interesting to see if the company was doing work there and if he was doing work there.

If LS was able to walk out of JR's, maybe he was there and exposed himself to her, hence the scream. It was reported that someone (don't remember who) heard a scream around the same time. Knowing he had a record and didn't want to be caught again he abducted her and got rid of her. Just thinking out loud.

Since there has been discussion about theories I thought I would throw this one out.

His employment says: RLH Sealcoating 1970 Old St RD 44 Martinsville, Indiana. Don't know when he was employed there.

When I looked up about the company it is listed under paving and construction. Since there was a lot of construction across from 5N when LS went missing it would be interesting to see if the company was doing work there and if he was doing work there.

If LS was able to walk out of JR's, maybe he was there and exposed himself to her, hence the scream. It was reported that someone (don't remember who) heard a scream around the same time. Knowing he had a record and didn't want to be caught again he abducted her and got rid of her. Just thinking out loud.

brilliant deduction DT

also, not hard to do a do-it-yourself paving job at home:hence searches of houses and property and sifting of dirt or the "dirt" could have been paving gravel, etc.

also, way back I believe we discussed a place in Martinsville and a big pile of mulch and it might have been gravel, too.
and did LE search that?

Now I'm going to have to find the thread and posts

brilliant deduction DT

also, not hard to do a do-it-yourself paving job at home:hence searches of houses and property and sifting of dirt or the "dirt" could have been paving gravel, etc.

also, way back I believe we discussed a place in Martinsville and a big pile of mulch and it might have been gravel, too.
and did LE search that?

Now I'm going to have to find the thread and posts

There was also talk about an outdoor fire in Martinsville shortly after LS disappeared. I tried to find info on that the other day but got distracted (I'm getting ready to move). I think the fact that JMW worked in a construction-related job is interesting. Re: pile of mulch or gravel: There was a case in MI where a young woman was killed in one spot and then buried in a Public Works' sand pile. I thought that was pretty brazen of the killer, but moving a corpse obviously can happen:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/06/son_of_sheriffs_deputy_charged.html

Fire destroys old Martinsville sawmill - Herald-Times
ww.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.331715.sto
June 17, 2011, last update: 6/17 @ 10:20 pm ... He said the barn was a part of the old sawmill that had been on South Sycamore Street that had since ...

You need an account to open and read the article.

I know a couple of you have mentioned wanting to know when exactly JMW has been in jail, so I found this by entering his info at http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/Indiana-Jail-and-Inmate-Records.htm

I'm also curious to know what you all think about the order/progression of his offenses as listed here.

EDIT: This pasted table showed up without his info. I guess to view the information you'll have to click on the link above and type in JMW's name.

...If she was insisting on leaving (maybe her boyfriend would have been unhappy to learn she spent the night) still we all know it's hard to keep a person under the influence from doing something they are determined to do..[snipped]

Sometimes, but looking at the actual reports we have in this case from witnesses- It sounds like Corey would fit this bill, being determined to bring Lauren home at 3 am, even though multiple people tried to intervene. Lauren, on the other hand, couldn't even walk on her own or even put her hands up to brace her fall as she fell face first on the ground. None of the reports from witnesses have Lauren saying anything, and their interactions with Corey suggest that they were talking to him because she was totally out of it. This hardly sounds like someone who would be capable, let alone unstoppable, as they walk out the door alone a short time later.

I do believe that it's possible that Lauren said she wanted to go home, and/ or that they didn't want to deal with her, as she was in such bad shape - After all, they reportedly tried to call someone to come pick her up -- a fact JR initially tried to conceal by saying that Lauren made those calls. Why would he not want people to know he and MB made those calls? Because it shows that he knew she couldn't walk home on her own - why else would he need someone to drive 2 minutes away? Likewise, MB's story was that Lauren wanted to party and left on her own, but later reports say he brought her over to JR's and was worried about her condition. And, don't forget, she had no shoes, keys, phone or money. So IF she left 5 N, she left with them knowing full well that she was not in any condition to make it home alone, IMO.

Thats a hell of a pull there doubtingthomas! Thanks for sharing and great sleuthing!

Thanks Ixchel13! I mentioned in an earlier post that clearly DM was heading somewhere with HW, and clearly something went wrong during that drive that resulted in finding her where they did. While the news reports made it sound like a remote, wooded vacant lot, if you look on Google Maps this lot is surrounded by homes. Also, if you look at the property directly to the north, there is another "road" a few hundred yards directly north of Plum Creek & SR 45, it's not marked but you can see it on Google earth. Interestingly, this is an unmarked gravel drive that accesses several hundred acres of land that was once part of the "Needmore Community" in the 1970s (http://www.ourbrowncounty.com/0311s2.htm) and is now owned by Kneadmore Church. The gravel drive is pretty overgrown now, but it's kind of creepy if you hike out there. There is an abandoned house, piles and piles of trash under multiple layers of tarps all around the house, a small pond at the bottom of a ravine, and also a lot of small bonfire remnants all over the place, with mattresses, old furniture, etc. around them, and again tarps and lots of trash. I don't know whether LE ever searched this area, but it seems logical since it's so close to where HW was found, and again, where was he heading with her?

Thanks Ixchel13! I mentioned in an earlier post that clearly DM was heading somewhere with HW, and clearly something went wrong during that drive that resulted in finding her where they did. While the news reports made it sound like a remote, wooded vacant lot, if you look on Google Maps this lot is surrounded by homes. Also, if you look at the property directly to the north, there is another "road" a few hundred yards directly north of Plum Creek & SR 45, it's not marked but you can see it on Google earth. Interestingly, this is an unmarked gravel drive that accesses several hundred acres of land that was once part of the "Needmore Community" in the 1970s (http://www.ourbrowncounty.com/0311s2.htm) and is now owned by Kneadmore Church. The gravel drive is pretty overgrown now, but it's kind of creepy if you hike out there. There is an abandoned house, piles and piles of trash under multiple layers of tarps all around the house, a small pond at the bottom of a ravine, and also a lot of small bonfire remnants all over the place, with mattresses, old furniture, etc. around them, and again tarps and lots of trash. I don't know whether LE ever searched this area, but it seems logical since it's so close to where HW was found, and again, where was he heading with her?

Holy S@#$ IMH!!!

Please be careful out there for heaven's sake, what a find.

<modsnip>

Good Question!!! JMW== Old Morgantown Rd. and the burg of Trafalgar (mom's house?) are on the north east side of Yellowood Forest and then eventually near the upper part of Lake lemon, WHEREAS HW was found in Brown County on the Southeast side of said forest and the south east side of the lake are, Plum Creek Rd. runs all the way back up to 45 through both Unionvilles and right back to Bloomington.
DM lives west of Plum Creek Rd. but lives in the general area=Lake/Woods.

So yes, in local yokel terms, they would have brushed shoulders at the Needmore General Store, the bait shops and perv roundups. Not even a hint of a problem for them to know each other. Bloomington is a bit larger now, but in their lifetimes, it was so small that everyone down there knew everyone. My mom is from Morgantown, and believe me, the town is WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD sorry to offend any Morgantownites out there. Used to show my horse down there when half the town still had outhouses.

I'll bet half the town still has outhouses they may not use them, but they're still there. I have a sister in law that still lives out that way, if you can call that living.

Yes, that is quite a find!

Just thinking out loud....remember how BPD originally tracked down and supposedly cleared the owner of the white pickup truck seen on the video because he was a construction worker working in that area? What if that was JMW?!

What at would typically be the process involved in "clearing" a truck in a situation like that?

Outside of the 5N gang, the construction work has always stuck in my mind as a connection of sorts. I know we talked about this in the past, the idea of a construction worker in the area before the workday started. If I recall correctly, there was at least one spot close to 5N where the street had been dug up. That's always bugged me. So, this is an interesting find.

Fire destroys old Martinsville sawmill - Herald-Times
ww.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.331715.sto
June 17, 2011, last update: 6/17 @ 10:20 pm ... He said the barn was a part of the old sawmill that had been on South Sycamore Street that had since ...

You need an account to open and read the article.
Yep. There was a lot of talk about that fire behind the Morgan County Feed Store, and the fact that it occurred two days before the scheduled search.

Yep. There was a lot of talk about that fire behind the Morgan County Feed Store, and the fact that it occurred two days before the scheduled search.

the construction was directly across 11th St from 5N, and there were several projects, smaller, on College on the side of the street she would have been on.

the construction was directly across 11th St from 5N, and there were several projects, smaller, on College on the side of the street she would have been on.
Yes, I know. Right after Lauren disappeared, Btown posted a number of photos, like a photo tour of the area from Smallwood to 5N. In one of the pictures you could see the dug out hole in the street. It was very near 5N. I don't know if the picture is still around; some of the links no longer work. That image always stuck with me, though.

The gravel driveway location on the property I've described above is clearly visible on Google earth maps:Gravel Drive on Google Earth.pngGravel Drive North of Plum Creek Road.png

The driveway goes east a bit but then is overgrown and really degrades down to a footpath. The house is at the very end of the drive shown on the map. The trash/old fire remnants, etc. were dotted all along this gravel access road. This GIS arial map from 2005 shows the location of the house, but it's impossible to see on Google earth now because it's so heavily wooded:
Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 9.50.24 PM.png

The huge field to the east has actually been the location of an annual music festival (Needmore Hootenanny -https://www.facebook.com/needmorehootenanny), until it seems they ran out of funds/interest a few years ago. That location and the property with the abandoned house is separated by Plum Creek (the actual creek that the road is named after). It's hard for me to believe that a bunch of music lovers/hippies would have anything to do with the junk strewn throughout the adjacent wooded area, trash piles under tarps, or destroying the abandoned house.

Unfortunately we have lots of heavily wooded, rural areas with abandoned, falling down homes, trash, etc.

Bill Warner is asking the question...
What was Justin Wagers doing in Bloomington at 4:30am on June 3, 2011?
He then implies he was at or in the Waffle House at that time.
Anybody know where he is getting this info from? Anyone see any other confirmation of this anywhere?

Bill Warner is asking the question...
What was Justin Wagers doing in Bloomington at 4:30am on June 3, 2011?
He then implies he was at or in the Waffle House at that time.
Anybody know where he is getting this info from? Anyone see any other confirmation of this anywhere?

I figured out who Bill Warner is, but I don't find him saying JWM was at Waffle House at 4:30AM. Where do you see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail