Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 356UFCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/356ufca.html
NamUs UP Case 4123 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4123

31ff56dd-9425-4923-a839-6fce351fccf1.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on May 17, 1987 in Industry, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 24-29 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (173 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, shoulder-length hair; brown eyes. She had recent puncture marks on her right and left arms.
Jewelry: She was wearing pierced earrings with simulated pearls and plastic luminous leaves.
Fingerprints: Available
add6b6af-2ae0-4e4f-934a-6e304a620cf8.jpg

Earring

Case History
The victim was located on the Edison Right of Way, just east of the 605 Freeway and south of Valley Boulevard, in the city of Industry, California. The location was two miles south of a major truck stop.

One of the women who administered the Grateful Doe FB page messaged me today and showed me this woman for whom she just created a NamUs MP casefile. (As of today, the casefile is still unpublished)

3a61f5eb-f6c0-407a-b343-9c456a17b47a.jpg

She was asking me if I had any UID suggestions for her. This City of Industry Jane Doe seems to me to be a plausible possible.

It is very difficult to tell, but if you look near her left ear, there appears to be an earring that *might* be similar to the Jane Doe's earrings. On the other hand, it might just be an anomaly in the photo.

Melissa AlbrittonJane Doe UP 4123Comparison
Age LKA2324-29Low end of Range
Date LKA / Date of DiscoveryJuly 198617-May-198710 months
Loc LKA / Loc of DiscoveryChula Vista CACity of Industry CA120 miles
Height5 Feet 9 inches5 Feet 8 inches1 inch difference
Weight160 lbs130 lbs30 lbs difference
Hair ColorBrownBrownMatch
Eye ColorHazelBrown?????

Three ruleouts (https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4123). She has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Elaine Allenbach 1965 Washington
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

What was the post-mortem interval? I'm guessing she wasn't severely decomposed because they discussed her puncture marks. But I'm still curious, was she dumped during the nighttime and found in morning?

What was the post-mortem interval? I'm guessing she wasn't severely decomposed because they discussed her puncture marks. But I'm still curious, was she dumped during the nighttime and found in morning?

I don't think she was there for more than a day.

I spent a while poking at vintage jewelry sites last night looking for the earring. Didn't find much so far, but I did find a few of different design but made of similar materials that were all from Hong Kong. The plastic leaves are apparently supposed to look like jade. Wish we had a color photo...

doesn't hurt to submit... did Allbritton have a drug history? if she was using heroin (as needle marks suggest) she would easily lose 30 pounds in that time. also, on someone that tall 30 pounds wouldn't be a HUGE difference (I am 5"8 and big boned, sure you notice a 30 pound weight gain but not the same as you would on a petite woman)

One of the women who administered the Grateful Doe FB page messaged me today and showed me this woman for whom she just created a NamUs MP casefile. (As of today, the casefile is still unpublished)

3a61f5eb-f6c0-407a-b343-9c456a17b47a.jpg

She was asking me if I had any UID suggestions for her. This City of Industry Jane Doe seems to me to be a plausible possible.

It is very difficult to tell, but if you look near her left ear, there appears to be an earring that *might* be similar to the Jane Doe's earrings. On the other hand, it might just be an anomaly in the photo.

Melissa AlbrittonJane Doe UP 4123Comparison
Age LKA2324-29Low end of Range
Date LKA / Date of DiscoveryJuly 198617-May-198710 months
Loc LKA / Loc of DiscoveryChula Vista CACity of Industry CA120 miles
Height5 Feet 9 inches5 Feet 8 inches1 inch difference
Weight160 lbs130 lbs30 lbs difference
Hair ColorBrownBrownMatch
Eye ColorHazelBrown?????

Three ruleouts (https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4123). She has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Elaine Allenbach 1965 Washington
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

No new ruleouts.

She has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints, so you'd think something would turn up eventually.

I wish that we knew more about the circumstances surrounding this UID, particularly the elapsed time between her dying and being discovered. Even though the body condition is listed as decomposed, I'm guessing that the postmortem interval couldn't have been too long because they were able to determine her eye color and her weight. It sounds like she had probably been deceased for a couple of days maximum, but then again, not much is known.

I am also interested in knowing the cause and manner of her death. Based on the description of the "scars" on her arms, it sounds like she might have been an intravenous drug user. I wonder if she overdosed. However, the fact that they mention that there was a truck stop nearby makes me think that they believe she could have been a hitchhiker or sex worker who was picked up and murdered, her corpse being dumped on the side of the road. On that note, I'm not even sure if they believe she died somewhere else and was left by somebody at the location or if she simply died at the same spot where she was later found (perhaps she was a transient).

I tried to look for any news articles that might have covered this case, but I found nothing. What a shame. It's been 33 years.

I was watching this very old video featuring numerous UID cases (many, if not most, of the people in the video are now identified), and I noticed that this lady is featured in the video at around three minutes in exactly. What is of note is that she appears to have a completely different, computer-animated reconstruction that I haven't been able to find anywhere else online. It seems as if the reconstruction was done by NCMEC.

Attached below is a thumbnail of the reconstruction:

Capture.PNG

This reconstruction is of much higher quality than the other one that we have seen. Also, in this rendering, she looks nothing like she does in the ArtBreeder images (at least in my opinion).

It seems that NCMEC actually did reconstructions of several adult UIDs at one point, but the online profiles were all taken down. I have no clue why they would do that.

I was watching this very old video featuring numerous UID cases (many, if not most, of the people in the video are now identified), and I noticed that this lady is featured in the video at around three minutes in exactly. What is of note is that she appears to have a completely different, computer-animated reconstruction that I haven't been able to find anywhere else online. It seems as if the reconstruction was done by NCMEC.

Attached below is a thumbnail of the reconstruction:

View attachment 266463

This reconstruction is of much higher quality than the other one that we have seen. Also, in this rendering, she looks nothing like she does in the ArtBreeder images (at least in my opinion).

It seems that NCMEC actually did reconstructions of several adult UIDs at one point, but the online profiles were all taken down. I have no clue why they would do that.
Thank you for posting this! Why on earth are these better recons not posted with the profiles?! You’re right, it looks unlike the others.

I found an archived version of her NCMEC profile (I was able to access it via an archived version of her Doe Network page). I'm going to copy and paste the contents of the poster below.

----
INDUSTRY CALIFORNIA UNIDENTIFIED
Case Type:
Unidentified
DOB: Sex: Female
Missing Date: May 17, 1987 Race: White
Age Now: Height: 5'8" (173 cm)
Missing City: INDUSTRY Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Missing State : CA Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMUU10162
Circumstances: On May 17, 1987, this unidentified female was found on the Edison Right of Way, just east of the 605 Freeway and south of Valley Boulevard, in the city of Industry, California. The location was two miles south of a major truck stop. The decedent was estimated to be between 20 and 30 years of age. She was wearing pierced earrings with simulated pearls and plastic luminous leaves, one of which is pictured at right. She had recent puncture marks on her right and left arms, and had shoulder-length brown hair.

----
I guess this is interesting to see, but this profile doesn't offer any information that we haven't already discovered, unfortunately. I'm still confused as to why NCMEC would remove her profile, although she does seem a bit too old to have had a profile with them in the first place.

Like I said before, there are a few (four that I can see) other UIDs out there who were once NCMEC cases and whose casefiles have also been seemingly pulled from the website. The UIDs in question were all estimated to be around their late teens to their early thirties when they died, and strangely enough, all but one of them were found in California.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back