02-05-2016, 10:08 AM #1
TX - Kenedy Co., WhtFem UP9667, 20-40, Virgin of Guadalupe pendant, Jul'98
NamUs UP Case 9667
Unidentified White female
* Found July 2, 1998 in Kenedy County, TX
* Estimated Year of Death: To
* Estimated age: 20-40 years old
* Approximate Height: 58' estimate
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair black; 46 cm long, wavy, braided in back
* Dentals: Dental information / charting is currently not available
* Clothing/Jewelry: Dark denim trousers, white brassiere, dark short-sleeved pullover shirt with "BOSS" in white lettering on the front and dark blue panties "Anabel" brand size 40; Black boots; 2 white metal chain necklaces, one with a white metal Virgin of Guadalupe religious pendant, left earring with several multi-colored stones.
* DNA: Sample is currently not available
Case History: Unknown.
04-27-2016, 06:48 AM #2
The pendant maybe is similar this
04-27-2016, 11:55 AM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2016
Hi, I'm new here and just stumbled across this case. The "size 40" caught my eye because it's a European size (I'm from Germany and we have that size chart) so I did some googling. Could this be the unidentified woman?
- she disappeared in New Mexico in June 1995 (the description of the unidentified woman makes it sound as if she's skeletonized so some time must have passed since her death)
- she was 33 years old, 5'0 and 120 pounds => would fit the profile
- Barbara was from Germany, she had come to the US 5 years earlier; Jane Doe wore underwear with a European size tag
- Barbara had black hair that was waist-length at the time she disappeared, Jane Doe's hair is black and 46 cm long
- Barbara made and sold pottery and silver jewelry for a living; Jane Doe had several pieces of silver jewelry on her
- I googled that Barbara was from Bavaria and traditionally people there are catholic, which could also explain the religious pendant
What speaks against her is the distance, it's about 750 miles between the point where she disappeared and where the woman was found, I'm sure you could dump a body somewhere closer?
Another thing is that they found her shoes in the apartment next to hers but Jane Doe still wore her shoes. Barbara had access to the other apartment so she could have left the shoes there on some other occasion but I find it unlikely as she's decribed as a shy and organized person, I doubt she'd let her stuff lie about in someone else's apartment.
04-27-2016, 12:48 PM #4
From reading the Charleyproject info, it seems as if someone could have taken advantage of Barbara's illegal immigrant status, robbed her, killed & dumped her somewhere. I was going to post my suspicions that the UID was a light skinned Hispanic woman & not white, but Barbara's case seems to be a likely match.
04-29-2016, 08:20 AM #5Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2016
My first thought was also a hispanic woman because she's so short, had black hair, a pendant of a saint from Mexico and she was found in southern Texas...
It's still totally possible, of course. Barbara seems a good match but maybe it's not her. I'm going through CharleyProject to find alternatives but it's really hard to find an adult white woman who's that short and has long black hair, so far I only could find Native American and Asian women. Too bad there's also no estimated time of death or pictures of her clothes to narrow it down.
By bessie in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 20Last Post: 10-08-2016, 02:21 AM
By Romulus in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 4Last Post: 05-10-2016, 06:07 PM
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2015, 10:58 PM
By chaddylex in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 29Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
By iluvmua in forum West Memphis IIIReplies: 32Last Post: 08-09-2011, 02:47 PM