NYC Subway R Train taken over by riders claiming to be ISIS

Momoffourboys

Reaction score
http://pix11.com/2016/02/05/subway-riders-take-over-r-train-claim-to-be-members-of-isis/

NEW YORK — Two subway riders broke into the conductor’s booth of the R train in Manhattan Thursday night and identified themselves over the loud speaker as members of ISIS with an intent of hijacking the train, police say.

The suspects then got off the train at the next stop.

The incident, which is believed to have been a prank, happened around 11 p.m. on the southbound R train between the 23rd and Union Square stations.

The train stopped at Union Square where it was taken out of service and investigators dusted for fingerprints and searched for evidence.

Officials do not believe there was any real threat.

Somewhere along the line these people confused the concept of a prank with domestic terrorism.

Stuff like this has been escalating a lot lately. Trolling used to be kind of funny and harmless, and now it's pretty much cyber bullying that has led to suicide of its victims.

A lot of prank videos on YouTube consist of people physically attacking innocent passers by.

Enough is enough. These entitled brats must learn to treat other human beings with kindness. People aren't something you use however you want for your own amusement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess theyre lucky someone didnt shoot them.

Somewhere along the line these people confused the concept of a prank with domestic terrorism.

Stuff like this has been escalating a lot lately. Trolling used to be kind of funny and harmless, and now it's pretty much cyber bullying that has led to suicide of its victims.

A lot of prank videos on YouTube consist of people physically attacking innocent passers by.

Enough is enough. These entitled brats must learn to treat other human beings with kindness. People aren't something you use however you want for your own amusement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight I just watched a prank show were a stranger just jumps into peoples cars and tell them to drive.This is funny?If I had a concealed carry I might shoot this person.
With the all the social media there seems to be many imature idiots making videos.

In an apparent prank, two Manhattan subway riders broke into a conductor's booth and identified themselves over the public address system as members of ISIS intent on hijacking the train, police sources said.

The suspects, however, slipped off the train at the next stop late and ran off.

The sick joke unfolded Thursday night just before 11 p.m. aboard the southbound R train between the 23rd Street and Union Square stations.

"They said something to effect, "This is ISIS — We are hijacking the train," a source said.

Snip

“My mom freaked out,” said the passenger, who declined to give her name.

“Literally every single person who had been on the R train left,” she said. “No one was, like, running or screaming, but I have never seen every single person get off the train like that before.”

The two suspects, witnesses said, were laughing as they dashed from the train at the busy Union Square station after their cruel prank.

The train was taken out of service and moved to the Jamaica Yards in Queens, where investigators were dusting for fingerprints and looking for any other evidence.

"There's no terror threat,'' the source said.

But the incident raised questions about how the suspects — both in their 20s — got into the booth so easily or whether the train car was an older or newer model.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/straphangers-r-train-claim-isis-article-1.2521096

I hope they find and charge these idiots.

What does it even mean to 'hijack' a subway train? "We're going to take this train to Bermuda!"

http://pix11.com/2016/02/05/subway-riders-take-over-r-train-claim-to-be-members-of-isis/

NEW YORK — Two subway riders broke into the conductor’s booth of the R train in Manhattan Thursday night and identified themselves over the loud speaker as members of ISIS with an intent of hijacking the train, police say.

The suspects then got off the train at the next stop.

The incident, which is believed to have been a prank, happened around 11 p.m. on the southbound R train between the 23rd and Union Square stations.

The train stopped at Union Square where it was taken out of service and investigators dusted for fingerprints and searched for evidence.

Officials do not believe there was any real threat.

Beliefs are fine; evidence or lack thereof is better. Making terroristic threats is a criminal act.

In an apparent prank, two Manhattan subway riders broke into a conductor's booth and identified themselves over the public address system as members of ISIS intent on hijacking the train, police sources said.

The suspects, however, slipped off the train at the next stop late and ran off.

The sick joke unfolded Thursday night just before 11 p.m. aboard the southbound R train between the 23rd Street and Union Square stations.

"They said something to effect, "This is ISIS — We are hijacking the train," a source said.

Snip

“My mom freaked out,” said the passenger, who declined to give her name.

“Literally every single person who had been on the R train left,” she said. “No one was, like, running or screaming, but I have never seen every single person get off the train like that before.”

The two suspects, witnesses said, were laughing as they dashed from the train at the busy Union Square station after their cruel prank.

The train was taken out of service and moved to the Jamaica Yards in Queens, where investigators were dusting for fingerprints and looking for any other evidence.

"There's no terror threat,'' the source said.

But the incident raised questions about how the suspects — both in their 20s — got into the booth so easily or whether the train car was an older or newer model.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/straphangers-r-train-claim-isis-article-1.2521096

I hope they find and charge these idiots.

Could have been two idiots ISIS doesn't mind losing for a dry run.

What does it even mean to 'hijack' a subway train? "We're going to take this train to Bermuda!"

It means to hold the riders hostages on the train car. Terrorize. Freighten. Maybe even kill.

Not very far fetched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back