CT - Maryann Measles, 13, New Milford, 19 October 1997

background articles.

Investigators believe that seven to 10 young men and women kidnapped the New Milford teenager and took her to a remote spot along the Housatonic River. There, as the women watched, sources say, some of the men gang-raped the seventh-grader, wrapped her in a blanket and chains and threw her into the water - confident they had concealed their crime.
http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/hc-measles,0,6586875.storygallery

They have waited so long. I pray there is justice for Maryann and her family.

Blessings to all, Lanie

There is alot of Action in this case right now. It is important to remember MaryAnn in all of this. God bless her and her family(they do read these boards!)MaryAnn is from my hometown.

I posted regarding the outrage I felt towards these 10 sick individuals who carried out this crime - my words and feelings for them are harsh and my post reflected that. A reader notified the mod bc they were offended by its harsh tone and I just asked the mod. to delete it bc I can't express my feelings towards this crime in any way less harsh than I did. But I just want to clarify for anyone who misread - I in no way meant to include MaryAnn or her family in my harsh treatment. MaryAnn and her family did nothing to deserve this and in no way contributed to this crime. On these forums and in the news, we've sadly become accustomed to crazy, sick, twisted individual acting alone raping, murdering, etc. for pleasure - but that 10 people were involved and NOT one of them realized what an evil and stupid thing they were doing! It's amazing and it makes sick.

thanks for posting Lilybug1...

yes.. this was a horrible crime. Why didn't someone in the group hold their hand up to stop this.

Doyle said:
thanks for posting Lilybug1...

yes.. this was a horrible crime. Why didn't someone in the group hold their hand up to stop this.

unfamiliar with this case but to answer your question... I imagine they were all of same ilk.... Pathetic

indigomood said:
unfamiliar with this case but to answer your question... I imagine they were all of same ilk.... Pathetic

Ingigo,
Pathetic is saying it nicely.There were 8 people arrested.CTnow.com is a good place to find articles with facts.

I never read your post but YOU GO GIRL! I totally agree that there is nothing to be said that cannot be said harshly to this vicious, senseless, EVIL crime. This girl was just 13..she was just a child.

There is more news on the case.Maggie pleaded,and is a witness in the case.I don't know how to bring the articles but also June Segar last thurs had felony murder and murder charges added.

ok heres an update aj has been sentenced to 60 years no probation.maggie has pleaded guilty but will be the last to be sentenced,jeff boyette was sentenced last week to 50 years suspended after 25 with 25 years probation.dean dupus will be sentenced in november,he has pleaded guilty and will get 35-50 years,that will be in november.I think i have it all.So much is happening fast.3 court dated next week,i will let you know what happens.

ok time for an update,I'm sorry I haven't been up to date.Dean was sentenced to 47 years in january,Ron pleaded guilty in January,the day jury selection was starting,he will be sentenced April 29th.So we are left with Kieth Foster who has his probable cause this moth and June Segar who is schedualed for trial in November.I think I coved all that has happened. :confused:

Another Defendant Sentenced In Measles Killing

LITCHFIELD -- The man who drove Maryann Measles to a secluded spot along the Housatonic River north of New Milford, where a gang of men and women beat, raped and murdered the 13-year-old, was sentenced today to 36 years in prison.

Authorities say five men and three women conspired to kidnap and scare the girl after she filed statutory rape complaints against two of the men. At some point during the assault and rape, Maryann was asphyxiated.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-ap-measles-sentence,0,7457616.story?coll=hc-big-headlines-breaking

http://www.newstimes.com/latestnews/ci_12399608

Updated: 05/18/2009 11:53:40 PM EDT

Connecticut high court upholds Dupas' 47-year sentence
Dupas sought reduced term for testimony against cohort

The Connecticut Supreme Court has rejected a shorter prison sentence for one of eight people convicted in the rape and murder of a 13-year-old New Milford girl.

The high court on Monday unanimously upheld the 47-year prison sentence of Deaneric Dupas...

...Maryann Measles was kidnapped Oct. 19, 1997, as she waited in a New Milford parking lot for her mother, who was shopping for groceries. She was raped and strangled. Then her body was wrapped in a blanket and chains and dumped into the Housatonic River.

The body was found the next spring floating in Lake Lillinonah...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back