1255 users online (179 members and 1076 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 349
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    42

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJynx View Post
    I think its the trick of the eyes. The color seems different depending on the lighting. Also I think the colors and shapes may seem different such as the door handle cause of the direction in which the photos are being taken. They are mind tricks. Should check out the show Brain Games. I saw an episode of the way your mind can play tricks on you by what you see.
    Agreed!

  3. #18
    One picture was taken shortly after she bought the car, during the day. The other picture was from who knows how long after she bought the car and taken at night. The light they are pointing to is a reflection on the top of the door there. From whatever light is also reflecting in her door. Flash from the person taking the picture. The shape of the door handles look different cause one is more straight on, and the other is kind of angled from the back. I was discussing another picture that seemed different too from one out in the dark and one in the bright lab. Here is another photo i put together cause the question was being asked if that was a light where the door handle is. I blew it up and you can see its just lighting, not a light.....


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJynx View Post
    I think its the trick of the eyes. The color seems different depending on the lighting. Also I think the colors and shapes may seem different such as the door handle cause of the direction in which the photos are being taken. They are mind tricks. Should check out the show Brain Games. I saw an episode of the way your mind can play tricks on you by what you see.

    Thank you, Mystic....just wanted to get some clarification that it could be an optical illusion.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiddie View Post
    Thank you, Mystic....just wanted to get some clarification that it could be an optical illusion.
    Wonder how long she had own the car, Does anyone know? all I know is TP her partner in the studio said he took this picture when she got the car. She was previously driving around a beater. I thought MH said the picture was from the spring, but I will have to check again. maybe its 2004.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJynx View Post
    Wonder how long she had own the car, Does anyone know? all I know is TP her partner in the studio said he took this picture when she got the car. She was previously driving around a beater. I thought MH said the picture was from the spring, but I will have to check again. maybe its 2004.
    I wonder if she had it detailed? there's some scratches on it that weren't there in the found shot but are there in the day time shot. And I do think it looks blue-er in the night shot.

  7. #22
    Here is another one that plays tricks on the color. These are the same side of the car taken by the same photographer. and you can see they look two different colors.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJynx View Post
    Here is another one that plays tricks on the color. These are the same side of the car taken by the same photographer. and you can see they look two different colors.
    My folks have a very pale green shiny van and I swear half the time it looks light silver. Sunlight, background, time of day, camera settings, and angles can all alter the color slightly.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceseeker35 View Post
    I wonder if she had it detailed? there's some scratches on it that weren't there in the found shot but are there in the day time shot. And I do think it looks blue-er in the night shot.
    Are you referring to what looks like scratches on the driver's side door? I looked at that and it is a reflection of the car next to hers. Not sure if that is what you are referring to or not.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    I just want to add.... IMO the color thing is all an optical illusion. My parents have a dumb van that is sometimes green, sometimes blue, sometimes gray, depending on the light! LOL it makes it really hard to find in a parking lot full of mini vans!


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticJynx View Post
    Here is another one that plays tricks on the color. These are the same side of the car taken by the same photographer. and you can see they look two different colors.
    Do you all think that Pam and Nikole had to move that hood to try the pack passenger door? Pretty sure they said they tried all the doors.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Do you all think that Pam and Nikole had to move that hood to try the pack passenger door? Pretty sure they said they tried all the doors.
    The way it is positioned I would think so. But they probably used their sleeves to move it so we will never know.

  13. #28
    How come they only tried 4 doors of 5? Do you think they tried the cargo door too?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    I'm not sure Mystic. I just remember that they tried all the "doors" lol

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    This might help why the wheel well is missing....

    Side marker lights won't detach from the mount.

    To remove the side marker lights of your Toyota Rav4 correctly, you have to be familiar with the wiring diagram of the side marker lights first. Most side marker lights designed on a Toyota Rav4 have clips attached to the wires. If you're having a hard time separating those two because you have inadequate space to work on, then you have to remove the headlights first. If this still doesn't give you room, then you have to take off the tire and remove half of the plastic wheel well cover to get to the side marker lights.

    http://www.carparts.com/toyota/rav4/side-marker-lights


Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast