1011 users online (174 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Birmingham, Fem Skeletal UP13985, surgical repair to forearm, Mar'14

NamUs UP Case 13985

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13985

Unidentified Unsure female
    * Found March 27, 2014 in Jefferson County, AL
    * Estimated Year of Death: to

Vital Statistics
    * Estimated age:
    Adult
    * Approximate Height: 68
    * Distinguishing Characteristics:
    Orthopedic type wire in the distal left ulna (lower left forearm near wrist).

* Dentals: Dental information /charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry:
    Long sleeve dark colored "heavy" type jacket with button closure. Long sleeve dark colored "wool" type jacket with zipper closure. Short sleeve dark colored "Jordache" brand shirt, size small. Remnants of dark colored pants material. Dark colored ankle type socks.Winter type cap.Pair of white "New Balance" athletic type shoes, unknown size. One piercing type of jewelry with a clear stone. One pair of eyeglasses. "Crack pipe" in dirt underneath the remains. One green and one purple cigarette lighter.

* DNA:
    Dental information / charting is available and entered

Case History:
    Skeletal remains discovered at rear of business by Alabama Cabinet Company employees performing excavation of small trees and brush along rear property line. The remains were found in a small depression next to the rear wall of the business and approximately 10-12 feet from one set of railroad tracks that run parallel to the business.

DNA sample available - not yet submitted. Would be nice to have this submitted somehow, so a comparison with Jennifer Faye Powers could be made. I'm going to e-mail Carrie Sutherland (Namus Regional Administrator for both cases) and ask how to have this done.
    Paisley

That usually means that the LE agency has submitted the DNA for testing, but the lab hasn't finished processing it so it can be sent to CODIS or whatever database they use. Often it's a matter of waiting for paperwork.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

looking at it on google earth, there seems to be tents along the tracks. I live near and industrial area with tracks and due to the insane cost of living, we have a huge homeless population and for some reason it is common to see tents along tracks. since her clothing was layered, she was possibly transient.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post

That looks quite likely.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

No matter who it is, what a sad and lonely end. When I see UIDs who were most likely addicts found and then not identified for years (if ever) it breaks my heart. Suicide, overdose or exposure - not only did they probably feel they had no one, but often everyone's given up on them. I have a personal link to this as my partner has struggled with this very same addiction and his going missing for only three days years ago sparked my initial interest in MPs. Three days waiting was a hell I never want to relive and I can't imagine waiting indefinitely for years for someone to come home. I feel for both the addict and the family.
    Paisley

Have asked for an update on this one, too. Dead air so far...
    Paisley

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley_in_Ottawa View Post
    DNA sample available - not yet submitted. Would be nice to have this submitted somehow, so a comparison with Jennifer Faye Powers could be made. I'm going to e-mail Carrie Sutherland (Namus Regional Administrator for both cases) and ask how to have this done.
    Nothing news on this?

Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus