Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial discussion thread.

Please post your comments here, and at all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be pm'ing you, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

Reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

Tim Bosma trial: How police used cellphone records to investigate
By Adam Carter, CBC News Feb 09, 2016

A Hamilton court is expected to hear testimony today from an expert witness about exactly how cellphone records and tower locations helped police investigate Tim Bosma's disappearance.

The trial of the two men accused of killing the Hamilton man after he disappeared in 2013 while out on a test drive of his truck continues Tuesday.

​​​Sgt. Stuart Oxley testified Monday that the arrest of Dellen Millard was made at gunpoint on May 10, 2013, days after Bosma vanished.

Live Blog CBC

Live Blog CBC Mobile

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 12:09 PM
I'm in court now for the Tim Bosma trial. We're currently in a "voir dire" session -- procedural matters related to the trial are being discussed without the jury in the room.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 12:10 PM
Because the jury isn't in the room, I can't report on anything that's being said.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 12:10 PM
Open court is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. today. Check back for updates and follow along throughout the afternoon.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 12:27 PM
If you're looking to catch up on the entire investigation, here's a timeline: www.cbc.ca

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 12:54 PM
We're inside the courtroom now. Things should be getting underway shortly.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 12:57 PM
There's a high school law class here in the body of the court today watching the proceedings.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:04 PM
Justice Goodman now in the courtroom. Just waiting on the jury.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:07 PM
The jury is now being led in.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
#Millard walks into courtroom, looks directly at Sharlene Bosma and smiles #TimBosma #HamOnt

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:11 PM
First witness is Frank Cianfarani. He was visited by York Regional police back in May of 2013.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:11 PM
He lives in Kleinburg, Ont. It's in the Vaughn area.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:13 PM
He describes the neighbourhood as "very tight knit." Crown Craig Fraser asks if Madeline Burns lived there, he says yes. Burns is Millard's mother.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:13 PM
He says he and burns had a "hi, bye" relationship. Just neighbourly and saying hello, but no dinners together or anything like that.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:14 PM
Cianfarani says Millard originally moved with his mom when she bought her home several years ago. He had "small interactions with him." The last time he saw Millard was five or six years ago. "We haven't had a conversation for the better part of five or six years," he says.

#Millard walks into courtroom, looks directly at Sharlene Bosma and smiles #TimBosma #HamOnt

I feel sick when I read about his behaviour in court. Literally chills go up my spine.....he just doesn't care or have any sense of remorse. And I know those who think he wasn't involved will say he's just being his friendly old genuine self.....but a typical person (even innocent) would have SOME flipping compassion for the widow of the victim. Because we can all agree that TB was a victim.

I'm getting really, really sick of this. One can only endure so much heartache and strength and then to step foot in the court room again and BAM! *advertiser censored*.

I feel sick when I read about his behaviour in court. Literally chills go up my spine.....he just doesn't care or have any sense of remorse. And I know those who think he wasn't involved will say he's just being his friendly old genuine self.....but a typical person (even innocent) would have SOME flipping compassion for the widow of the victim. Because we can all agree that TB was a victim.

I've mentioned it before, but it faintly echoes the behavior of Polly Klaas's killer in court.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:16 PM
Cianfarani says a reporter came to his home on the 11th (the day after Millard was arrested) to ask him about photos. The reporter showed him some pictures on his phone. "I did notice there was a trailer in the background of the photo - and that same trailer was parked in the driveway next to my home," Cianfarani says.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:18 PM
Court is now seeing a big black trailer in a driveway in a photo at Tinsmith Court back in 2013.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 10m10 minutes ago
Court in #MillardSmich trial has reconvened. Jury not in the room yet at this point.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 11m11 minutes ago
Crown prosecutors hoping to get through about 7 witnesses over the next few hours. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 8m8 minutes ago
#MillardSmich jury now in the room. Crown's first witness: Frank Cianfarani.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 7m7 minutes ago
Cianfarani spoke to @YRP in May of 2013. Called them "based on concerns, or information" that he had. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 7m7 minutes ago
Cianfarani has lived in #Kleinberg since 1997. That's where #TimBosma's truck was found.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 5m5 minutes ago
Cianfarani knew Madelyn Smith. Mother of Dellen #Millard. Says he was not as "tight-knot" with them as with other neighbours. "Hi/bye."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 5m5 minutes ago
Cianfarani says he knew Dellen #Millard mainly by sight. Loved with his mom when they first moved in. "Small interactions" with him...

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Cianfarani said as of May 2013 he had t seen #Millard in about 5 or 6 years. Has moved out of his mom's #Kleinburg home.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
"In the Saturday there was a reporter that came to my door...Asking me to look at some pictures on his phone...Looked like the accused."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Cianfarani says in the BG of the pics was a trailer that he'd seen on his neighbour's property. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Cianfarani says he wasn't 100% certain the man in picture was Dellen #Millard. Court now looking at pic of trailer. FC confirms it's the 1

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Cianfarani says he was at godson's confirmation 1 day. When he got home that night he noticed the trailer had appeared in neighbour's drvwy.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Cianfarani noticed the trailer the evening of Fri May 10/13. Made a mental note of it. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 29s30 seconds ago
Crown has no further questions for Cianfarani. #Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay begins cross. #MillardSmich

Cianfarani confirming right relationship with most neighbours with Pillay. Says trailer stuck out. #MillardSmich

Pillay asks if The trailer was out in the open? Anyone could see it anywhere on the street? Cianfarani replies "correct." #MillardSmich

Cianfarani tells Pillay he didn't call police till he saw reporter's photos. #MillardSmich

No further questions for Cianfarani. #MillardSmich

I've said the same so many times. Normal people agree. You know, people with hearts and souls. This man is pure poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member