https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10833

Unidentified Unsure female
* Found June 16, 2012 in Cook County, IL
* Estimated Year of Death: to

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age:
Adult Pre 70
* Approximate Height: 64
* Distinguishing Characteristics: nothing.

* Dentals: Dental information /charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry: nothing

* DNA:
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
Badly decomposed found wrapped in a blanket in vacant lot.

https://goo.gl/maps/YzdLUUoQzDG2 The exact location where this UID was found.

Looking through Street View history, this block was full of houses and occupied in July of 2007 (earliest Street View history available). In 2012, several houses were slicked. This continued in 2014, and the current (Nov. 2015) view, the area is much more barren. The lot the UID was found had a duplex on the lot till at least October of 2012.

Quite a distinctive bone structure. No estimated PMI but decomposing (not skeletal) so not there terribly long, given it was summer (June) when she was found. No description of hair colour but the sketch seems to indicate a dark-ish colour.
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Erika Ballard fits the age and height range, was from Chicago and went missing almost 2 months before the UID was found; on the downside she had short red hair, appeared to be about 5lb over the estimated weight. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This "blanket" looks like an old motel bedspread or maybe an old RV blanket. It's appears to be a cotton / polyester of average quality with an old fashioned print.

upload_2019-12-3_12-16-36.png

I think she has Native American traits. What poor information.....what about the general state of her dentals? Was there any indication she had children? If they don't know the hair color, why show the recon with black (possibly some graying in the hair) If the hair was gone she must have been there for a very long time...last thing that will be gone....of course degeneration of a body would depend on the circumstances, temperature etc.

Edit to add

Last edited:
I think she has Native American traits.
I was thinking the same thing. She looks gaunt, as in underfed or malnourished which makes me wonder if she was homeless. If she was, she could have been registered at a homeless shelter at some point during that prior winter (2011-2012).

It is difficult for a woman to be on the streets and being only 5' 4" and about 140 lbs, she didn't seem tiny but definitely small.

NamUs UP Case 10833

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Unsure female
* Found June 16, 2012 in Cook County, IL
* Estimated Year of Death: to

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age:
Adult Pre 70
* Approximate Height: 64
* Distinguishing Characteristics:
nothing.

* Dentals: Dental information /charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry: nothing

* DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
Badly decomposed found wrapped in a blanket in vacant lot.

You again @Romulus. Always the tricky ones. Thanks for making this thread. Appreciated. Take care!

There is no PMI, no hair color mentioned, makes me think there wasn't much left of it to make a definite call ....how long could a body go unnoticed in a vacant building.....pattern of the blanket....looks older...but could be a red flag....sometimes people hold on to old stuff for a long time.....it's to good to throw away....lets keep it in the back of the closet....maybe one day we have a use for it.....(and I don't mean to be sarcastic)

Obviously she was "into" her appearances. Plugged eyebrows and a piercing....Maybe I'm old fashion...but a piercing on the older site of the range...I would think you laid that off if you become a "certain" age...

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ The exact location where this UID was found.

Looking through Street View history, this block was full of houses and occupied in July of 2007 (earliest Street View history available). In 2012, several houses were slicked. This continued in 2014, and the current (Nov. 2015) view, the area is much more barren. The lot the UID was found had a duplex on the lot till at least October of 2012.

Interesting....this Jane Doe was found in June 2012, if there still was a duplex on it until at least October, it suggests that she was found in the duplex house or the yard....

Attachments

• vacant lot.JPG
    vacant lot.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
Vacant lot is just a lot with no buildings on it. Maybe they meant backyard of a vacated building, but used the wrong expression?

Vacant lot is just a lot with no buildings on it. Maybe they meant backyard of a vacated building, but used the wrong expression?

Thank you. I have the feeling there were once houses on it...but I can't go far enough in time to pull up pictures how it once was. There was proof people once lived there I think...see my post #13.

5903 S Eggleston Ave, Chgo, IL 60621, lived here in 2010

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back