1154 users online (215 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IL - Tim Anderson, 38, Arlington Heights, 8 Feb 2016

Tim Anderson is missing from Arlington Heights, IL. Police have recovered his silver Acura near the Spring Creek Valley Forest Preserve in Barrington Hills on Monday night, but Anderson and his phone were not in the car. Anderson has a wife and two sons, ages 3 and 6.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/160208823/

untitled.png Anderson was wearing blue jeans, sneakers, a Chicago Bears hooded sweatshirt, a black Northface jacket and a Chicago Bears baseball cap when he left the house, she said. He is 6 feet tall, weighs 215 pounds and has hazel eyes and brown and gray hair.

Arlington Heights, Tim Anderson, 38 February 8, 2016

"A ping from his cellphone led officials to his silver Acura near the Spring Creek Valley Forest Preserve near Barrington Hills on Monday night, but Anderson and his phone were not in the car."

I sure hope he is okay and this is not a suicide

Quote Originally Posted by angelainwi View Post
    I sure hope he is okay and this is not a suicide
    Same here, but unfortunately, it sounds like it might be 😕

Reminds me of the man last year (?), also near Chicago, who was found dead in his car in a field. It took a while to find him and was a shocking suicide, a young married father also.
    Just my opinion, of course.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    ARLINGTON HEIGHTS POLICE SEARCHING FOR MISSING FATHER

Police in the northwest suburbs are searching for a missing father of two.

Tim Anderson, 38, was last seen leaving his Arlington Heights home early Monday morning. Dozens of people - including Homeland Security - are involved in the search.

"This is totally not him at all. Totally out of character," said Kathleen Anderson, Tim's older sister. "Hold out hope that we're going to find him and he's going to come home to us. But there's a whole bunch of scenarios that run through your head."

Before dusk, a police helicopter searched for clues above a dense Cook County forest preserve in Barrington Hills. Anderson's car was found parked and locked just off Algonquin Road near the Barrington Riding Center.

"Verizon was able to get information and ping him to this location," said Cathrall Anderson, his wife.

She said her husband left their home miles away in Arlington Heights before 5 a.m. Monday.

"I tried emailing him, texting him throughout the day and one of my really good friends works at Northern Trust as well and he did not show up to work that day," she said.

Anderson's family said dozens of volunteers were out searching for the father of two. They'll remain here as they wait for answers.

"If anyone has seen him, his picture is all over the media, we want him home. My sons are 3 and 6 and they want their dad," Cathrall Anderson said.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/arlingto...ather/1194118/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

There have been several in Lake County that went missing on foot in a forest preserve. Andrew the triathlete, Nick Steward the dad coming home from work, and Anne the atty who went on a bike ride. Nick slit his wrists and the other two used guns. There has been no mention on if Tim owns a gun and if it is also missing.

I live in the area and have seen a lot of strange things going on at forest preserves before and after work. Some go to run, but there are also hookup sites that encourage meeting up with strangers there and drug deals going on. It does not sound like he was dressed to run wearing jeans. His wife said he got up to take the trash out and that was not necessarily when he would leave for work. But 9 am has significance. Not sure if that was the last ping from his phone, or if that's when she found out he wasn't at work.

His children are beautiful and need him. I hope he is OK and goes home.

Why is Homeland Security helping to search? Is that normal for them to do that in Illinois?

Quote Originally Posted by bbbd4u View Post
    Why is Homeland Security helping to search? Is that normal for them to do that in Illinois?
    I wondered the very same thing. I've never heard of Homeland Security being involved in the hundreds of other missing persons cases here. Weird.

I also live in the area... and I was wondering what the heck Homeland Security was doing as well. I feel like there's some things not being reported.

I too live in the area - there are a lot of things that don't add up, and Homeland Security being involved is very interesting. The fact that the missing gentleman is employed in the banking industry sets my hinky meter off :/

My opinion only....
    "Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible."
    -Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

this post is my humble opinion only

Homeland Security assisted in the search for John Cunningham too. Also went missing near a forest preserve but in the south suburbs.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/arc.../t-261639.html

Quote Originally Posted by ~demeter~ View Post
    I also live in the area... and I was wondering what the heck Homeland Security was doing as well. I feel like there's some things not being reported.
    Homeland Security being involved raised my eyebrows. Do we know if he's a current or former military member? High security clearance? Does he work with federal financial accounts? Civilian contractor? Those are the only reasons I can think of that HS would be involved.

I thought the Homeland Security connection was unusual too and did a google search of HMS and missing persons and found that they have an app and software especially to be used in rural and wooded areas that doesn't require an internet connection. See below:

Lost Person Locator Fact Sheet

The
    Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate (S&T),
    along with dbS Productions—known as the leading source of search and rescue
    research, publications, and training—has initiated a program to develop
    guidance, protocols and strategies responders can employ while searching for
    lost individuals. Called the Lost Person Locator, these guidelines and data
    sets will be readily available in an easy-to-follow format. First responders in
    the field will be able to use the Lost Person Locator software to quickly and
    safely locate missing people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast