Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20

On the matter of IR and the cell phone reset. That has not been confirmed. Just because Klein or anyone for that matter says 'no comment' that doesn't mean that what was asked is true.

(That sounds all muddled up but you know what I mean. I have medicine head today.)

Thread 21 :sigh: I just don't even know what to say any more, what is there left to discuss? We seem to have covered every conceivable idea from murder to manslaughter, abduction to adoption, incident to accident, mum, dad, Isaac, grandpa, a creep in a jeep, lions and tigers and bears. We need some breaking news...

I'm confused as to where the older couple was camping in reference to the location of where the Kunz family was camping. I thought I read that it was about 1/2 mile away on the other side of the reservoir. If they were that close wouldn't the Kunz family have come upon them while searching for Deorr? Wouldn't the family have searched at least a 1/2 mile circumference from where they were camped? It seems there was plenty of time for them to have searched that far before LE arrived. Yet, as I recall, they didn't cross paths. Maybe I'm wrong about what I remember reading though. :thinking:

I'm confused as to where the older couple was camping as to the location of where the Kunz family was camping. I thought I read that it was about 1/2 mile away on the other side of the reservoir. If they were that close wouldn't the Kunz family have come upon them while searching for Deorr? Wouldn't the family have searched at least a 1/2 mile circumference from where they were camped? It seems there was plenty of time for them to have searched that far before LE arrived. Yet, as I recall, they didn't cross paths. Maybe I'm wrong about what I remember reading though. :thinking:
Maybe they never really searched.

Thread 21 :sigh: I just don't even know what to say any more, what is there left to discuss? We seem to have covered every conceivable idea from murder to manslaughter, abduction to adoption, incident to accident, mum, dad, Isaac, grandpa, a creep in a jeep, lions and tigers and bears. We need some breaking news...

What we need the most is for the parents to tell the truth imo

We need a confession.

I think we all need to keep post #1 on this thread in our minds.

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.

We need the evidence that was sent away to hurry up and be analyzed, and reported on. However, it's likely that LE could hold off on releasing the results of that to the public.
So, secondly, we need the parents to be 100% truthful with LE as to what they know. Sadly, I don't see that happening. They've had several opportunities to do so.

I remember when we were waiting to hear back from the FBI. It was stated that the results would take about 6 weeks.

Does anyone recall exactly what we were waiting on as far as the results? I remember behavioral analysis being mentioned, and possibly more polygrams.

Anyone know if evidence was being processed in that time frame as well?

FWIW I often do not include links because I'm hearing impaired and have a difficult time with videos. Although in this case, it might be an article so I'll go look for it.

On the matter of IR and the cell phone reset. That has not been confirmed. Just because Klein or anyone for that matter says 'no comment' that doesn't mean that what was asked is true.

(That sounds all muddled up but you know what I mean. I have medicine head today.)

I agree and didn't get my point across. Clearly, a rumor and why I mentioned how would something like that come about? Klein clearly doesn't like IR but I think in the interest of a fair investigation he could do a better job of answering questions. I like straight shooters...I understand that LE has to withhold information at times but to me SB shoots straight and without a huge ego. Idk...not a huge fan of the other. Anyways...apologies for my part in advancing this rumor.

When does the Spring thaw start in Idaho?

I'm in Missoula, MT (further north in the Rockies) and snow is starting to melt around here. I would imagine we will get another round or two of snowfall before winter is over though.

I remember when we were waiting to hear back from the FBI. It was stated that the results would take about 6 weeks.

Does anyone recall exactly what we were waiting on as far as the results? I remember behavioral analysis being mentioned, and possibly more polygrams.

Anyone know if evidence was being processed in that time frame as well?

FWIW I often do not include links because I'm hearing impaired and have a difficult time with videos. Although in this case, it might be an article so I'll go look for it.

I believe cell phone analysis was being completed. SB referenced that fact on his recent radio interview here. The way he said it implied that they had some analysis completed already but more was still being worked on. He DID NOT say anything linking the completed analysis to the announcement that parents are suspects but I am hoping they found something solid along those lines.

I believe cell phone analysis was being completed. SB referenced that fact on his recent radio interview here. The way he said it implied that they had some analysis completed already but more was still being worked on. He DID NOT say anything linking the completed analysis to the announcement that parents are suspects but I am hoping they found something solid along those lines.

Me too!!!

I agree and think at this point we are getting nowhere. This is why things get messy. In all honesty, I feel the parents are responsible but I cannot imagine a scenario wherein the other two individuals could not be at least complicit in a cover up. Nothing makes sense to me. I don't care how eldery, unhealthy, or odd they may be...they are in reality and they could not possibly have seen nothing to suggest the parents caused this. I'm willing to say it's impossible. Jmo but other theories are too out there to be believable and if they somehow were fooled they are still liars and willingly blind ones at that. There are more than two people who need to be 100% honest here.

Maybe they never really searched.

Of course they never really searched.

"Bowerman says portions of polygraph tests administered to Kunz and Mitchell have come back “less than truthful” – including questions about knowing what happened to DeOrr, why the child disappeared and where the toddler is located."
Source: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...ruthful-are-suspects-in-childs-disappearance/

Why would they have searched? They know where he is and what happened to him.

DeOrr looks so much like his father. I wish his father would be a man, step up and say what happened and end this heart ache

They had no need to search:

http://kboi2.com/news/local/report-...issing-toddler-deorr-kunz-officially-suspects

Sheriff on missing toddler DeOrr Kunz's parents: 'They know where he is absolutely'

Indeed. Who in their right mind waits more than five minutes to call 911 when their 2.5 year old child is missing? Red flag at the get go. And I'll admit to being a SM voyeur and agree that guilt or innocence cannot be determined by ones FB page posts, but added to other facts and behaviors it points to two guilty parents flying below the radar and only occassionally tossing out a bone. Compare JMs page to VDKs sisters and one could easily be confused about who the mother is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh