IL - Aaren O'Connor, 25, shot to death, Chicago, 5 Feb 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
11bd9a5ee5acd9677bd50bbfda3f0432

Chicago, Illinois -
A father's worst nightmare played out in real time over the telephone last Friday, when David O'Connor unwittingly listened to his 25-year-old daughter die.

Aaren O'Connor had moved to Chicago a little more than a year ago for a new job and to be closer to her boyfriend, reports CBS Chicago.

Last Friday, she was sitting in her car outside her apartment complex, chatting with her dad, who said he had feared for the worst when she moved from San Diego to the notoriously violence-riddled city.

Then, according to David O'Connor, something strange happened.

"Every few moments she said, 'My head hurts. My head hurts," he said.

David eventually hung up the phone and was unsure of what had just happened.

"I didn't realize at the time but I was just having the last conversation with my daughter," he said.

Neither he nor Aaren knew she had been shot in the head. The father only found out what happened after reaching Aaren's boyfriend, who called her roommate to check on her.

The roommate found Aaren unresponsive in her car. She was rushed to the hospital but died Sunday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aaren-oconnor-shooting-dad-unknowingly-listens-daughters-death-phone/

My 24 yo daughter lives in the Chicago area and wants to move to the city. I just texted her and told her that I didn't care how much the rent was ($900-1200 for a studio :0), that I would help her pay for rent if it meant a safer place to live and was more expensive.

I am really afraid. Very very afraid.

My 24 yo daughter lives in the Chicago area and wants to move to the city. I just texted her and told her that I didn't care how much the rent was ($900-1200 for a studio :0), that I would help her pay for rent if it meant a safer place to live and was more expensive.

I am really afraid. Very very afraid.

That's a lot for a studio apartment, but I guess it'd be worth it if in a safe area.

Oh dear, of course you're worried and afraid for her. Things have really changed in this world when innocent people can't even sit in their car without being in danger. Really, there's just too many flying bullets now days.

That's a lot for a studio apartment, but I guess it'd be worth it if in a safe area.

Oh dear, of course you're worried and afraid for her. Things have really changed in this world when innocent people can't even sit in their car without being in danger. Really, there's just too many flying bullets now days.

What I quoted is the minimum rent that seems to be charged. I have looked at the crime maps and supposed safe areas near where she works as places to look. As a homicide survivor, this just tips my scale. Thank you for your kind words.

I feel so badly for her parents, family and friends. Just so senseless and tragic.

The mere thought is so heartbreaking! As a mom of two daughters, I often think of worst case scenarios.

This one is way up there.

:floating:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please know that I'm not posting these statistics to make you worry more, Zuri, but to support the fact to your daughter that crime has increased in that city this year. I think you are a great parent to be checking out crime maps, and be willing to help with the rent. Hopefully, things will get better in the city soon.

Prayers to the Family, Friends, and Loved Ones of Aaren O'Connor. A beautiful, amazing girl. :rose:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llet-chatted-phone-warned-moving-Chicago.html

"There have been 70 murders in the city so far this year."

"By contrast, there had only been 35 murders during that same time period in 2015, meaning the number of homicides has doubled so far this year."

This sounds hopeful that the shooter might be apprehended. Oh, I hope so.

Thanks for the update!

"Stray bullets" infuriate me as a gun owner. Ugh. This is so preventable and tragic!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back