MD - Dep. Patrick Dailey, 52, & Dep. Mark Logsdon, 43, slain, Abingdon, 10 Feb 2016

trigger

Reaction score
I live 5 minutes from this shopping center. It's always crowded, especially with families with young children. That no-one else was injured is amazing.

I know the cliche "it never happens here", but truly, this kind of violence is unheard of in this area. I'm absolutely shocked.

My heart breaks for the HarCo Sheriff's Dept and the Deputies' families.

"The police officer sitting near him said, 'How is your day?' and then immediately, according to one of the ladies, an officer that was in there apparently right after that, he just took out his gun and shot him in the head right after the officer asked him, 'How's your day,'" Faulkner said.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/harford-county-deputies-involved-in-shooting/37921210

When I read that part "the officer asked him, 'How's your day,'" Faulkner said.' I couldn't help but breakdown and cry for the officer. :( He tried to befriend him and instead this man executed him by shooting him in the head. Our world has become a frightening place.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these two officers.

I pray everyday that all officers in our nation will be safe as they go about their duty trying to protect us and I also pray for our nation as well.

RIP Officers!

Ian Duncan ‏@iduncan 16m16 minutes ago
Haford Sheriff confirms two deputies shot earlier today have died, 30 year veteran and a 16 year veteran

Ian Duncan ‏@iduncan 14m14 minutes ago
Suspect is David Brian Evans had an open warrant from Florida in an assault on a police officer.

OMG a 30 year veteran. What a terrible way to end a long career. I bet he was close to retirement. So senseless and tragic.

The suspect seem to have an attitude specifically about police officer since he already had a warrant out for his arrest for already assaulting another one. Like I have linked before almost 50K police officers are assaulted/attacked every year. I think anyone who can assault police officers are very dangerous individuals to all people in general including police officers.

My heart goes out to the two families. RIP Officers.

Just a few more links.

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/10/2-dep...hooting-at-maryland-panera.html?intcmp=hplnws

www.cnn.com/2016/02/10/us/maryland-shooting-deputies-killed/index.html

www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/...g-things-to-know-thursday-20160211-story.html

www.wbaltv.com/news/harford-county-deputies-involved-in-shooting/37921210
"The guy just looked a bit sketchy, and according to the waitresses or the cashiers in Panera, they said he comes in there regularly, but he's been sketchy, and they've been trying to question him and get him some help because they think he's, like, homeless," Faulkner said.

So, the restaurant allowed him to come in from the cold -- did he even buy anything ? If he had money to purchase a gun, he had money to order food.
And that's how he repaid them. :stormingmad:

www.abc15.com/news/national/police-involved-in-shooting-near-abingdon-wegmans_

patch.com/maryland/belair/deputy-involved-shooting-abingdon-sheriff

heavy.com/news/2016/02/david-brian-evans-bryant-bryan-abingdon-maryland-shooting-panera-harford-county-deputies-killed-names-suspect-shooter-dead-warrant-bio-photos-pictures-family/
(Take this link with a grain of salt...But, here's a sad photo :( )

http://twitter.com/jemillerwbal/status/697544253552115712/photo/1
"..Evans seemed to be aiming specifically for the cops, according to witnesses. According to his son, this was out of character. Jayne Miller with WBAL-TV got in contact with his estranged son, who said that Evans had never talked poorly about cops around him and never had issues with the police before. However, this wasn’t Evans’ first violent act. His son, Jeremy Evans, told WBAL-TV that his dad shot his mom in a domestic incident 20 years ago. His mom was the one who called the police and told them Evans was at Panera Bread, Jeremy said...."

www.wbal.com/article/142713/2/son-o...of-the-two-harford-county-deputies-speaks-out

Evans also says that the person who called police and told them that Evans was at the Panera Bread was his mother.
Evans said his mother told investigators what had happened 20 years ago and gave them as many specifics as she could. She believed he was there to hurt her. He said his mother left the restaurant before the deputy arrived.

MOO as always

Ok, just trying to piece this together…..a woman is eating in Panera Bread and she sees her ex-husband inside---and he had shot her 20 years earlier?
So she leaves the restaurant and calls the police because she wants him to be arrested? I think that is what the shooters son is saying.

So the officer enters and says " how has your day been?' …to try and engage the suspect to assess the situation…and he gets shot in the head.

www.wbaltv.com

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler stressed that they still have a long way to go with the investigation. On Thursday, the sheriff identified the deputies as Senior Deputy Mark Logsdon and Senior Deputy Patrick Dailey.

Rest in eternal peace, Mark and Patrick.
Thank you both for your service to your communities !

Officer Patrick Daily :
http://www.wbaltv.com/image/view/-/...0/-/whejo9z/-/Patrick-Dailey-jmvfc8-photo.jpg

Officer Mark Logsdon :
http://www.wbaltv.com/image/view/-/...axh/460/maxw/620/-/di83j5z/-/Mark-Logsdon.jpg

Sr. Deputy Patrick Dailey was laid to rest today. In a heartbreaking picture, his 2 sons took the final ride with their dad today on the firetruck where they all volunteer their time.

1796605_941561559231138_2333505519185326878_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back