OH OH - Michael John Hodge, 39, Cleveland, 6 March 2004

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Michael has been missing for almost twelve years now. Police are again asking for tips to help them solve the case.

NamUs

Charley Project

hodge_michael4.jpg
hodge_michael.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: March 6, 2004 from Cleveland, Ohio
• Classification: Missing
• Date Of Birth: June 15, 1964
• Height and Weight: 5'10, 140 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Red hair, blue eyes. Hodge's nickname is Mike. He is missing four upper front teeth and has previously broken his ankle. He has a scar on his left wrist and the following tattoos: a skull with a long tongue on the inside of his right forearm and unspecified tattoos on his upper arm and on his upper and lower arm.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white jacket, a white t-shirt, blue jeans or dark-colored pants, white sneakers and a gray knit hat with a blue canvas fishing hat over it.

Details of Disappearance
Hodge was last seen between 4:30 and 6:30 a.m. on March 6, 2004 in the vicinity of the 4000 block of west 172nd South in Cleveland, Ohio. He left the area on a blue ten-speed bicycle and has never been heard from again. Hodge worked as a landscaper and roofer at the time of his disappearance, and he enjoys fishing and riding trains. His mother has since died, but his brothers and other relatives are still alive. Few details are available in his case.

Police focus on 2004 missing man cold case

Family seeks clues in disappearance of Michael Hodge 5 years ago in Cleveland - June 2009

Rally today in Cleveland for man missing 9 years - June 2013

Families search for answers on annual Missing Persons Day

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36176510/families-search-for-answers-on-annual-missing-persons-day

"Every Sunday we go to church and I pray for him. Hopefully he's out there," John Hodge said.

John's brother, Michael Hodge, went missing in March of 2004. His family said he was last seen near West 172nd Street. 13 years later, his three brothers still hold out hope and pray Michael will someday come back home.

"Even to this day, if I'm driving down the street and I still look, I still look out there, hoping for a miracle that someday we find him," said Bill Hodge.

Cleveland family still clings to hope, wants answers in missing loved one’s cold case from 2004

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The Hodge family’s prayers have been ongoing since March of 2004.

That’s when 39-year-old Michael John Hodge was last seen in the 4000 block of West 172nd Street and Puritas Avenue, in Cleveland.

His disappearance is something his father, William Hodge, still feels in his heart every single day.

“He was kind, a real nice person to me and my wife,” William said. “Maureen and I really miss him after all these years.”

Michael’s brothers say he was living with his father at the time and went to a party at a house on the same block.

They say after the party, he returned to his father’s home, but then left again.

One brother, John Hodge, told 19 News they haven’t seen or heard from him since.

“My mom would look every day at homeless shelters. Until the day of her death, she never gave up hope,” he added.

But the hope remains.

We reached out to the Cleveland Police Department Detective who is currently in charge of the investigation.

They said they’d recently been put on the case and must read up on it before they can provide any updates.

The family is suggesting several of Michael’s friends who he was with the night of the party to be questioned.

ETA Thread for the other MP referenced in the article.

July 12 2023 By Julia Bingel rbbm
1689175177778.png
''CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The families of Ashley Summers and Michael John Hodge will hold a news conference on Sunday, July 16 at the offices of Cleveland Missing to bring attention to their unsolved cases.''

''Michael John Hodge was last seen on March 6, 2004 in the 4000 block of W. 172nd St. near Puritas Avenue.

He was 39 at the time and would now be 59.

'He was reported to have been seen leaving on a 10-speed bicycle.''
Michael has a scar on his left hand and a tattoo of a skull with a long tongue on his inner right forearm. He also has a tattoo on his upper and lower left arm.'

''Michael has four upper front teeth missing and is known to hop on trains.

He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a t-shirt, white jacket, white athletic shoes, gray knit pullover cap and a blue canvas fishing hat worn over the knit hat.''

''If you have information on Ashley or Michael, please call the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
If you have information on Michael, you can also call the Cleveland police at 216-623-5262.''

14 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1689178477655.jpeg
1689178489936.jpeg

CLEVELAND (WJW) – A press conference was held Sunday for the cold cases of two people who went missing more than 16 years ago.

Ashley Summers was last seen on July 9, 2007, at the age of 14. She went missing from the Clark-Fulton area of Cleveland’s westside. On June 16 of this year, Ashley turned 30 years old, according to a press release from the Cleveland Family Center for Missing Children and Adults.

Michael John Hodge went missing on March 6, 2004, from the West 172 and Puritas neighborhood of Cleveland’s westside. John was 39 years old. On June 15 of this year, Michael turned 59 years old, according to the release.

The press conference will be held Sunday at 3 p.m. at the offices of Cleveland Missing.

The families of Ashley and Michael hope to bring attention to their cases. Both families want to celebrate the lives of their loved ones, according to the release.
*eta:

Last edited:

June 12, 2023

Oct 17, 2023

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads