812 users online (165 members and 647 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 999
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Yep, the 3rd gas can, and for the reason you and Fran gave, the rest doesn't prove premeditation.

    I disagree with JM though if he really thinks the lying liar POS would have gotten away with it had he not proven the 3 gas can. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence without the can and she'd lied too many inconsistent lies, including on the stand, IMO.

    I think it gives her way too much entirely undeserved credit to say she was so smart and planned so well that only one little slipup brought her down.

    BBM

    Yes, JM sure did have a lot of other evidences of premeditation. But they were harder to prove, since JA kept lying her lies and some jurors could believe her.

    When I sat on a jury for a murder trial (death by multiple stab wounds), our prosecutor told us that premeditation can take less than a second to form. She gave us examples such as when a traffic light turns green, you premeditate to go, you push the gas pedal. Or, when you raise a knife to stab somebody, you are premeditating to kill, so you stab.

    Still, I was one of 3 jurors that believed the murder was in the second degree, because I believed the murderer had no intention to kill, but was just in a rage with no prethought to kill. Though after a very heated deliberation, we gave in for the first degree. I regret that decision to this day.

    In JA's case, she stabbed him continuously 27 times. I believe she told herself 'I want to kill him' each time she stabbed.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,995

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    671
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by RickshawFan View Post
    The only photo that would have worked was the one with her pant leg and poor Travis' body because it shows her actively participating in the murder. It also shows the cruelty of the event.
    The significance of that photo has always confused me. I don't doubt that it shows Jodi's foot and part of the pants she was wearing, since we know she killed him and we know she acted alone. But just based on the photo itself, I don't understand how the foot can be identified as Jodi's.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by b_lab7410 View Post
    That's so weird, as long as you have the pre-order email (btw, I gotta hand it to you, Caylee Advocate, the *day of release ), they should totally honor the purchase and apologize for their system error...


    Oh, I am so sorry... I should have mentioned this was from another site (I just posted it here).. MY order is fine, and now says "shipped". WOW, I hope it arrives a little early and if so, I will stay mum until others get theirs. Pinkie swear.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketaccent View Post
    I think so too.
    Gas cans = premeditation!
    All others such as hair, blood, photos, etc do not prove premeditation.

    When she purchased the extra gas can at Walmart, she remembered to pay with cash for it, but forgot to throw away the receipt. That was her biggest mistake, IMO.


    Speaking of those gas cans and the one she bought in Salinas.. O/T but did anyone see where they found the girl dead in a Salinas Walmart parking lot? She was in her car and they think she had been there since November.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Menlo Park, CA.
    Posts
    698
    Originally Posted by RickshawFan: The only photo that would have worked was the one with her pant leg and poor Travis' body because it shows her actively participating in the murder. It also shows the cruelty of the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-4-2 View Post
    The significance of that photo has always confused me. I don't doubt that it shows Jodi's foot and part of the pants she was wearing, since we know she killed him and we know she acted alone. But just based on the photo itself, I don't understand how the foot can be identified as Jodi's.
    In one of her Yreka cop shop interviews, I vaguely recall Lefty admitting to Det. Flores that she had *two* pairs of the sweat pants shown in that picture. I do recall Det. Flores' reply back to her as, "yeah, we found one pair in your bedroom closet". Hmm... where's the second pair, Jode? In a pile of ashes somewhere in the great basin? So anyway, if the sweatpants are admittedly hers, so too is the footwear. As is the foot itself.

    ================================================== ===============================================

    Regarding the receipt for the third gas can from Walmart (or Costco)... had she not kept the receipt for that third gas can for her treasure chest, would Juan have had to speculate for the jury that she somehow had a third gas can to make sense of all the gas purchases? I mean would he have had to tell the jury she had to have somehow had a third gas can, even though he couldn't prove it to them?

    With or without that receipt for that third gas can though, I think filling three gas cans with fuel each time she stopped to fill the tank on her rental car (to avoid detection in the entire state of Arizona) still points to premeditation -- especially considering all the other evidence against her -- namely the [cough, cough]stolen .25 Auto handgun[/cough, cough]

    ================================================== ===============================================

    Also to pocketaccount who said, "In JA's case, she stabbed him continuously 27 times. I believe she told herself 'I want to kill him' each time she stabbed."
    I'm no L. Kirk Nurmi and I'm certainly not trying to defend her actions or her state of mind, but didn't the M.E. say that most (if not all) of the stabs wounds to the back were shallow? If so, Jodi may have just been playing with him. Wanting to hurt him, of course, but saving the coupe de grace, intent-to-kill wounds for the chest and neck. In an effort to add salt to the would (so to speak), however, I can see her inflicting verbal abuse at him along with the shallow stab wounds to the back. "How's that feel, Sweety? Oh, it hurts? Poor baby. Well now you know how I've felt the last two years. This one's for Mimi. This one's for Lisa. This one's for Deanna", etc, etc. But that's just me.

    ================================================== ===============================================


    Oh, and I've programmed my DVR to record Dr. Phil on Monday. Thanks for the heads-up, one and all! Can't wait to hear what Juan has to say.
    @JodiAnnArias: They took my case and they took my cash, now I'm in Perryville with a terrible rash. #JodiArias

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,578
    Dont forget. Brewer testified that Jodi said she was going to Arizona.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ago
    Posts
    15,651
    I think her 'one mistake' (if it can be isolated to just one) was keeping all the receipts, they showed her entire journey from beginning to end, no way she could say she had only gone to Utah when you figure up the mileage on the rental car, of course the gas can receipt nailed her to the wall. Maybe JM thinks had she worn gloves she might have gotten away with it, I'm looking very forward to his view of this (and so much more lol).

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,773
    Has anyone gone on the Amazon website and looked at customer discussions?


    http://www.amazon.com/Conviction-Unt...sin=B0105VDUSM

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,094
    I ordered my book through my husband's Amazon Prime and keep forgetting to have him check about my status! My DVR is set for anything Juan Martinez!
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

    EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    I ordered my book through my husband's Amazon Prime and keep forgetting to have him check about my status! My DVR is set for anything Juan Martinez!
    I pre-ordered on prime and mine says on track to deliver on Tuesday! I pre-ordered on July 25th.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketaccent View Post
    I think so too.
    Gas cans = premeditation!
    All others such as hair, blood, photos, etc do not prove premeditation.

    When she purchased the extra gas can at Walmart, she remembered to pay with cash for it, but forgot to throw away the receipt. That was her biggest mistake, IMO.
    Wow, yes, of course... but just one thing, now that we know JM meant the gas cans from the previewed page.. just one thing I am still confused about...

    JA could have still wanted to visit him, no? For whatever reason, sex, even a surprise trip, whatever.. Still could have been a "please take me to Cancun" itinerary, she could have purchased a gas can w/out it necessarily meaning TA was going to die..

    IMO, she had SOME state of mind to see if he would 'take her back.'

    Now the gun of same caliber stolen from her grandparents, that is telling as well. Could not be proved it was her.

    BTW, none of this is how I believe ANY of us would perceive it, whatsoever***. I'm just saying that the jury would still** require her state of mind to convict her for the premeditation (as I think Hope stated a post earlier here..), from anywhere as to her diaries to time she spent on stand (to display all her shining calculating lies as they are), etc etc...

    I could buy a gas can, visit someone, end up arguing and well, they wouldn't end up with multiple stabs/gunshot/decapitation yet attacked in frenzy (oh please do not think me nuts for hypothetical here, lol) but my point is... unless you knew the individual responsible's habits (her stalking is more an indicator, the slashed tires, the police report, IMO, and the comments from everyone that Travis knew!) you couldn't say for sure someone planned acts of maliciousness that meticulously.

    IMO, her diary indicates her mentality, her texts, her interrogation(s) with the detectives, upside down license plate, her letters, her time on cross, etc etc. Perhaps it was too complicated to paint that picture for the trial (context). Juries might just need physical evidence as is.
    Last edited by b_lab7410; 02-13-2016 at 02:16 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Has anyone gone on the Amazon website and looked at customer discussions?


    http://www.amazon.com/Conviction-Unt...sin=B0105VDUSM
    Quoting myself here. If you read the comments that are hidden, they are by. CMJA's BF Dwight who gives his explanation of the crime and evidence (per CMJA). Basically how she explains away the evidence against her.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketaccent View Post

    BBM

    Yes, JM sure did have a lot of other evidences of premeditation. But they were harder to prove, since JA kept lying her lies and some jurors could believe her.

    When I sat on a jury for a murder trial (death by multiple stab wounds), our prosecutor told us that premeditation can take less than a second to form. She gave us examples such as when a traffic light turns green, you premeditate to go, you push the gas pedal. Or, when you raise a knife to stab somebody, you are premeditating to kill, so you stab.

    Still, I was one of 3 jurors that believed the murder was in the second degree, because I believed the murderer had no intention to kill, but was just in a rage with no prethought to kill. Though after a very heated deliberation, we gave in for the first degree. I regret that decision to this day.

    In JA's case, she stabbed him continuously 27 times. I believe she told herself 'I want to kill him' each time she stabbed.
    Oyy, sorry, perhaps I should not add my two cents to that... in advance.. but perhaps because of this abomination that is JA and everything that I have learned since joining websleuths and my own experiences, I would have to say... I find that it's impossible to believe those types of people have never considered committing acts of violence to another. Perhaps that* victim was just the only one they got comfortable enough to do the deed...

    I don't want to antagonize your own judgement in regards to that case, I totally realize I have no clue** as to the nature of that trial/conviction... it's just that I have found when I come across certain individuals that strike me the wrong way, I find they are totally predisposed to fits of anger/violence.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylee Advocate View Post
    Oh, I am so sorry... I should have mentioned this was from another site (I just posted it here).. MY order is fine, and now says "shipped". WOW, I hope it arrives a little early and if so, I will stay mum until others get theirs. Pinkie swear.
    Sorry, I should have noticed, what you posted was in quotes!

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2
    By bessie in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 619
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 10:37 PM
  2. Juan Martinez on TCR Thursday March 24th 2016
    By Tricia in forum Websleuths Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 05:42 PM