Rita missed, but thieves left mark

deanws

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory/3376084Dionne Lacy and her fiance, Reginald Randle, were surprised to see a large dent in their garage door Monday when they returned from an exhausting, five-day evacuation trip to Bernice, La.
What they initially thought was wind damage to their Texas City home turned out to be the work of thieves who ransacked their residence and others in the South Point subdivision, making off with thousands of dollars' worth of property.

"It was devastating. I don't feel safe, and now we're talking about purchasing a gun to protect ourselves, and I never wanted a gun in my home," she said.

More at link...............

That happened to friends of one of the attorneys I work with. They evacuated and came home and their house had been torn apart. I could not imagine how creepy that would feel. I would feel so violated. They even took a big screen TV... He said they lived out a bit - not in an actual subdivision - so they were thinking it had been someone who had possibly been to their house before. That thought makes it even worse.

Jules said:
That happened to friends of one of the attorneys I work with. They evacuated and came home and their house had been torn apart. I could not imagine how creepy that would feel. I would feel so violated. They even took a big screen TV... He said they lived out a bit - not in an actual subdivision - so they were thinking it had been someone who had possibly been to their house before. That thought makes it even worse.
That is horrible! :furious: I am worried people won't listen to the warnings and evacuate in the future because of the traffic jams and the looting. This whole situation has left many people angry.

That is another great reason, that the first thing that should happen in a disaster such as this, is Marshal Law should be declared, and the troops should be sent in to protect against fullscale looting of the deserted homes, and also to set-up a communications network for rescues, etc. It's bad enough having to deal with the damage caused by a hurricane, but having to deal with the theft of your property, and the violation of your home, by thieves--that is a personal affront, and is much worse than storm damage.

Buzz, I agree. The whole thing upsets me. I couldn't imagine evacuating and being stressed out about your home only to come back and find that it survived the storm, but not the looters.

Buzzm1 said:
That is another great reason, that the first thing that should happen in a disaster such as this, is Marshal Law should be declared, and the troops should be sent in to protect against fullscale looting of the deserted homes, and also to set-up a communications network for rescues, etc. It's bad enough having to deal with the damage caused by a hurricane, but having to deal with the theft of your property, and the violation of your home, by thieves--that is a personal affront, and is much worse than storm damage.
I sooooo agree..........:clap: Vote Buzz for Pres. :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back