1273 users online (168 members and 1105 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860

    Theron Gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

    LOS ANGELES Oscar winner Charlize Theron (search)'s career came full circle Thursday when she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (search) only blocks from where she was first "discovered."

    "I had big dreams when I came here, but this is an incredibly amazing gift ... two cherries on top of the cake," Theron told a cheering crowd at the star's unveiling.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170841,00.html

    ______

    Kudos to her! How great! I love her!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    LOS ANGELES Oscar winner Charlize Theron (search)'s career came full circle Thursday when she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (search) only blocks from where she was first "discovered."

    "I had big dreams when I came here, but this is an incredibly amazing gift ... two cherries on top of the cake," Theron told a cheering crowd at the star's unveiling.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170841,00.html

    ______

    Kudos to her! How great! I love her!
    I saw that this morning on TV...she looked so great! She was genuinely happy, and so sweet when she talked about her mom.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    I'm happy for her, she deserves it. She was great on Oprah today too, looking forward to seeing her new movie.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    I am so glad you brought her up...I have been meaning to rent Monster but other things have always come up. I heard she was great in portraying Aileen Wournos. I met Wournos one day and her behavior will stay with me for the rest of my life.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    She was absolutely fantastic in that movie. I had seen many interviews with Wournos and was impressed by how much Theron immitated her. The way she talked, her mannerisms - she did awesome!

    You met her??? Oh wow... I would imagine that would stay with you. That woman gave me the serious creeps!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I am so glad you brought her up...I have been meaning to rent Monster but other things have always come up. I heard she was great in portraying Aileen Wournos. I met Wournos one day and her behavior will stay with me for the rest of my life.
    I just watched Monster and am very interested in looking into this case more. I was wondering if you would like to share how and when you met Aileen and why you will never forget her behaviour. Sorry to be nosey and if you don't want to share your experience that is perfectly understandable....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    She was absolutely fantastic in that movie. I had seen many interviews with Wournos and was impressed by how much Theron immitated her. The way she talked, her mannerisms - she did awesome!

    You met her??? Oh wow... I would imagine that would stay with you. That woman gave me the serious creeps!

    She gave me the creeps too, but out of all the murderers ever portrayed, I think in her I could see how she was made that way and wasn't born that way. I think she could have been a different person had she been raised differently.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    She gave me the creeps too, but out of all the murderers ever portrayed, I think in her I could see how she was made that way and wasn't born that way. I think she could have been a different person had she been raised differently.
    I agree with you on that, i know she was cold hearted and mean, but she was made into that, look at the life she had..She didnt have a chance...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    She gave me the creeps too, but out of all the murderers ever portrayed, I think in her I could see how she was made that way and wasn't born that way. I think she could have been a different person had she been raised differently.
    She had it rough - no doubt. I think what you said is very true in her case. She never stood a chance.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    its really sad to think of all the messed up families out there with children and how they are gonna grow up to be because of that, not that all messed up families raise murderers....Lord knows my family has its issues...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    It's sad, Michelle - very sad. My heart breaks for children who don't come from a loving home. I couldn't imagine growing up that way. Terribly sad - especially when there are so many who can't have kids and look to other countries to adopt because it takes so long in the States. If I could change one thing in my lifetime - that would be it - to make sure kids grow up in a loving home.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    It's sad, Michelle - very sad. My heart breaks for children who don't come from a loving home. I couldn't imagine growing up that way. Terribly sad - especially when there are so many who can't have kids and look to other countries to adopt because it takes so long in the States. If I could change one thing in my lifetime - that would be it - to make sure kids grow up in a loving home.
    oh me too, i have always had a desire to adopt a child or help abused children, my hubby used to work for a home like that for abused children and i am telling you the stories i would hear, i could not believe....It is a horrible way for these kids to grow up in lives like that...I read "a child called it" one of the most horrific cases of child abuse ever in california and it has stuck with me and my heart aches for these kids...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Oh, I'm sure the stories are just awful. I have often thought about volunteering somewhere, but know that I just couldn't. I would not be able to separate that from my life with my family. I worry about my daughter who is much like me. She is in college majoring in psychology and child development/education. She hopes one day to counsel children in a behavioral school setting. I hope she can handle it. I have no doubt it will be tough.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Oh, I'm sure the stories are just awful. I have often thought about volunteering somewhere, but know that I just couldn't. I would not be able to separate that from my life with my family. I worry about my daughter who is much like me. She is in college majoring in psychology and child development/education. She hopes one day to counsel children in a behavioral school setting. I hope she can handle it. I have no doubt it will be tough.
    It is very hard, i know with me being a nursing student i am working now on the oncology floor and one day i had a mini breakdown on the way home because we had a 40 some year old woman told she had a few months and her family was in there and her kids were like my age, so it is hard.....and i usually can seperate my work and my life but that day i was stressed over that.....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleaBoo
    I just watched Monster and am very interested in looking into this case more. I was wondering if you would like to share how and when you met Aileen and why you will never forget her behaviour. Sorry to be nosey and if you don't want to share your experience that is perfectly understandable....
    I know I talked about this before....so if ya'll already read it don't get bored.

    Years ago my ex husband and I were traveling to Fort Lauderdale. We stopped at the Burger King in Wildwood Fl. (it is a large truck stop before you get on the toll). Being a nosy female I people watch when I am at airports, standing in long lines etc. Anyway, right ahead of me in line was this threesome. A man and two women. They were all 3 kind of scruffy looking and seemed odd to me. Aileen was staring around at people too. She then turned and stared me down....piercing eyes with a hateful scowl on her face.

    They got their meal and left and then we did as well. Had a long drive so we didn't want to waste our time. After we were on the road awhile I saw the three of them again. They seemed to be creeping up to the car to get a better look. There was her eyes staring at me again. I told my husband about and of course, he was clueless. Hadn't seen them in Burger King....didn't understand was I was nervous. Just about the time I was getting him to pay attention they were gone.

    The next morning I picked up the newspaper and there they were...composite sketches of the 2 women wanted for possible murder. I was besides myself. After seeing her there is no way you wouldn't remember her. The other girl (Tara) I didn't pay as much attention to. The man I did. Called the cops and gave them the info. Left all my numbers as we were leaving the country for a little while.

    When we got back to Atlanta the cops flew up to our house to interview me. Lots of photgraphs to try to identify the culprit. The cops knew a lot already but I was just an extra witness. I talked with them several times over the next few months and was hoping I wouldn't have to testify to anything as I didn't know if the man with them was victim and it upset me. Later, they said he was an undercover cop and not a victim but this was before she identified. So, either they were trying to humor me or it was the truth.

    Sorry this is so long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA - Nichelle Nichols Suffers Mild Stroke, Star Trek Star Undergoing Testing
    By los2188 in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 03:15 PM
  2. Hollywood Burglar Bunch and "Pretty Wild" star Alexis Neiers in court today
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
  3. Charlize Theron kisses Shirley McLaine's butt
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 08:18 AM