Theron Gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Jules

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LOS ANGELES — Oscar winner Charlize Theron (search)'s career came full circle Thursday when she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (search) only blocks from where she was first "discovered."

"I had big dreams when I came here, but this is an incredibly amazing gift ... two cherries on top of the cake," Theron told a cheering crowd at the star's unveiling.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170841,00.html

______

Kudos to her! How great! I love her!

Jules said:
LOS ANGELES — Oscar winner Charlize Theron (search)'s career came full circle Thursday when she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (search) only blocks from where she was first "discovered."

"I had big dreams when I came here, but this is an incredibly amazing gift ... two cherries on top of the cake," Theron told a cheering crowd at the star's unveiling.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170841,00.html

______

Kudos to her! How great! I love her!
I saw that this morning on TV...she looked so great! She was genuinely happy, and so sweet when she talked about her mom.:)

I'm happy for her, she deserves it. :) She was great on Oprah today too, looking forward to seeing her new movie.

I am so glad you brought her up...I have been meaning to rent Monster but other things have always come up. I heard she was great in portraying Aileen Wournos. I met Wournos one day and her behavior will stay with me for the rest of my life.

She was absolutely fantastic in that movie. I had seen many interviews with Wournos and was impressed by how much Theron immitated her. The way she talked, her mannerisms - she did awesome!

You met her??? Oh wow... I would imagine that would stay with you. That woman gave me the serious creeps!

concernedperson said:
I am so glad you brought her up...I have been meaning to rent Monster but other things have always come up. I heard she was great in portraying Aileen Wournos. I met Wournos one day and her behavior will stay with me for the rest of my life.
I just watched Monster and am very interested in looking into this case more. I was wondering if you would like to share how and when you met Aileen and why you will never forget her behaviour. Sorry to be nosey and if you don't want to share your experience that is perfectly understandable....:eek:

Jules said:
She was absolutely fantastic in that movie. I had seen many interviews with Wournos and was impressed by how much Theron immitated her. The way she talked, her mannerisms - she did awesome!

You met her??? Oh wow... I would imagine that would stay with you. That woman gave me the serious creeps!

She gave me the creeps too, but out of all the murderers ever portrayed, I think in her I could see how she was made that way and wasn't born that way. I think she could have been a different person had she been raised differently.

Jeana (DP) said:
She gave me the creeps too, but out of all the murderers ever portrayed, I think in her I could see how she was made that way and wasn't born that way. I think she could have been a different person had she been raised differently.
I agree with you on that, i know she was cold hearted and mean, but she was made into that, look at the life she had..She didnt have a chance...

Jeana (DP) said:

She had it rough - no doubt. I think what you said is very true in her case. She never stood a chance.

its really sad to think of all the messed up families out there with children and how they are gonna grow up to be because of that, not that all messed up families raise murderers....Lord knows my family has its issues...:D

It's sad, Michelle - very sad. My heart breaks for children who don't come from a loving home. I couldn't imagine growing up that way. Terribly sad - especially when there are so many who can't have kids and look to other countries to adopt because it takes so long in the States. If I could change one thing in my lifetime - that would be it - to make sure kids grow up in a loving home.

Jules said:
It's sad, Michelle - very sad. My heart breaks for children who don't come from a loving home. I couldn't imagine growing up that way. Terribly sad - especially when there are so many who can't have kids and look to other countries to adopt because it takes so long in the States. If I could change one thing in my lifetime - that would be it - to make sure kids grow up in a loving home.
oh me too, i have always had a desire to adopt a child or help abused children, my hubby used to work for a home like that for abused children and i am telling you the stories i would hear, i could not believe....It is a horrible way for these kids to grow up in lives like that...I read "a child called it" one of the most horrific cases of child abuse ever in california and it has stuck with me and my heart aches for these kids...:(

Oh, I'm sure the stories are just awful. I have often thought about volunteering somewhere, but know that I just couldn't. I would not be able to separate that from my life with my family. I worry about my daughter who is much like me. She is in college majoring in psychology and child development/education. She hopes one day to counsel children in a behavioral school setting. I hope she can handle it. I have no doubt it will be tough.

Jules said:
Oh, I'm sure the stories are just awful. I have often thought about volunteering somewhere, but know that I just couldn't. I would not be able to separate that from my life with my family. I worry about my daughter who is much like me. She is in college majoring in psychology and child development/education. She hopes one day to counsel children in a behavioral school setting. I hope she can handle it. I have no doubt it will be tough.
It is very hard, i know with me being a nursing student i am working now on the oncology floor and one day i had a mini breakdown on the way home because we had a 40 some year old woman told she had a few months and her family was in there and her kids were like my age, so it is hard.....and i usually can seperate my work and my life but that day i was stressed over that.....

ElleaBoo said:
I just watched Monster and am very interested in looking into this case more. I was wondering if you would like to share how and when you met Aileen and why you will never forget her behaviour. Sorry to be nosey and if you don't want to share your experience that is perfectly understandable....:eek:

I know I talked about this before....so if ya'll already read it don't get bored.

Years ago my ex husband and I were traveling to Fort Lauderdale. We stopped at the Burger King in Wildwood Fl. (it is a large truck stop before you get on the toll). Being a nosy female I people watch when I am at airports, standing in long lines etc. Anyway, right ahead of me in line was this threesome. A man and two women. They were all 3 kind of scruffy looking and seemed odd to me. Aileen was staring around at people too. She then turned and stared me down....piercing eyes with a hateful scowl on her face.

They got their meal and left and then we did as well. Had a long drive so we didn't want to waste our time. After we were on the road awhile I saw the three of them again. They seemed to be creeping up to the car to get a better look. There was her eyes staring at me again. I told my husband about and of course, he was clueless. Hadn't seen them in Burger King....didn't understand was I was nervous. Just about the time I was getting him to pay attention they were gone.

The next morning I picked up the newspaper and there they were...composite sketches of the 2 women wanted for possible murder. I was besides myself. After seeing her there is no way you wouldn't remember her. The other girl (Tara) I didn't pay as much attention to. The man I did. Called the cops and gave them the info. Left all my numbers as we were leaving the country for a little while.

When we got back to Atlanta the cops flew up to our house to interview me. Lots of photgraphs to try to identify the culprit. The cops knew a lot already but I was just an extra witness. I talked with them several times over the next few months and was hoping I wouldn't have to testify to anything as I didn't know if the man with them was victim and it upset me. Later, they said he was an undercover cop and not a victim but this was before she identified. So, either they were trying to humor me or it was the truth.

Sorry this is so long.

concernedperson said:
I know I talked about this before....so if ya'll already read it don't get bored.

Years ago my ex husband and I were traveling to Fort Lauderdale. We stopped at the Burger King in Wildwood Fl. (it is a large truck stop before you get on the toll). Being a nosy female I people watch when I am at airports, standing in long lines etc. Anyway, right ahead of me in line was this threesome. A man and two women. They were all 3 kind of scruffy looking and seemed odd to me. Aileen was staring around at people too. She then turned and stared me down....piercing eyes with a hateful scowl on her face.

They got their meal and left and then we did as well. Had a long drive so we didn't want to waste our time. After we were on the road awhile I saw the three of them again. They seemed to be creeping up to the car to get a better look. There was her eyes staring at me again. I told my husband about and of course, he was clueless. Hadn't seen them in Burger King....didn't understand was I was nervous. Just about the time I was getting him to pay attention they were gone.

The next morning I picked up the newspaper and there they were...composite sketches of the 2 women wanted for possible murder. I was besides myself. After seeing her there is no way you wouldn't remember her. The other girl (Tara) I didn't pay as much attention to. The man I did. Called the cops and gave them the info. Left all my numbers as we were leaving the country for a little while.

When we got back to Atlanta the cops flew up to our house to interview me. Lots of photgraphs to try to identify the culprit. The cops knew a lot already but I was just an extra witness. I talked with them several times over the next few months and was hoping I wouldn't have to testify to anything as I didn't know if the man with them was victim and it upset me. Later, they said he was an undercover cop and not a victim but this was before she identified. So, either they were trying to humor me or it was the truth.

Sorry this is so long.
Oh thats creepy, thank God you were kept safe.....Remember when adam walsh was abducted? well i am sure you do, but anyway the man, otis toole, who said he killed adam then recanted and so forth, anyways he was in my town earlier the year that adam was kidnapped and killed, and i often wonder who and what monsters we have passed on the streets and how God has kept me safe anyway....

I have watched a few films containing the story of Aileen. This is my opinion only but I feel she was insane. I mean the question has to be asked...A person who kills has gotta be insane right? She said in 1 breath I killed them because they raped and abused me, Then she says I have to come clean before I die and tell the truth She said I was not raped or abused I killed for the money they were carrying. She is clearly insane! In America so many brutal killers walk away with no death sentence due to the insanity plea I wonder why Aileen was diagnosed sane?? She was raped and abused from a very very young age by men, her mum was distant and said sorry for not being a good mother 1 day before she was put to death. One of the victims wives said my husband would not have paid for a prositute. She was more worried about her dirty laundry being aired in public than facing the fact that her husband was a cheating *advertiser censored*.

I am not american and do not know alot about the death penalty protocol but I do know insane people are not put to death. She clearly hated men due to the abuse she had suffered and who could blame her? Whoever did the tests on her and declared her sane needs help themselves. I am in no way saying what she did was right, It wasn't! I am just stating that she was clearly insane. her hate for men was valid considering her past, her killing 7 men was not valid and was a evil act. I just feel a injustice was done by declaring her sane. This is just my thoughts and opinions on this matter...:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back