Identified! IL - Jefferson Co, Wht Fem 30-50, 166UFIL, wry neck syndrome, Jan'93 - Susan Hope Lund

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
The Doe Network

166UFIL.jpg
166UFIL1.jpg

Artistic renderings of the victim (sketch by Charles Holt)

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: January 27, 1993
Location of Discovery: Ina, Jefferson County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: 1993
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Reddish-brown, shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unusual skeletal characteristics of the skull and upper front cervical vertebrae indicate the victim suffered from chronic spasmodic torticollis or wry neck syndrome. Wry Neck syndrome is a condition which causes stress on the muscles which are responsible for maintaining upright head posture. Evidence of a healed traumatic lesion on the skull suggests this condition may have been preceded by head trauma; this would have resulted in the victim maintaining a leftward tilt of the head.
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: None.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

The victim's head was found in a wooded area in the Wayne Fitzgerald State Park hanging in some bushes as if someone had thrown it from the road nearby.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Illinois State Police
Agency Contact Person: Stacie Speith
Agency Phone Number: 618-529-6500

Agency Case Number: LE: C93-0159
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #11091
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs
Illinois State Police

I saw this yesterday and plan to share it since I'm originally from the county next door. I didn't live there in 93 but I have family who did. Has anyone seen if they dredged the lake? The highway goes right over it and the edges are a bit swampy, it would be easy to miss something just looking with a john boat.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20773/4/

This is the only somewhat fitting case I could find. Says disability/suicidal but doesn't elaborate. A bit below the age parameters, so it's a long shot. It makes me sad how little info is out there for so many MP's and UIP's.

Uhm only the skull was found, I look this as homicide case not suicide but maybe I wrong. ;)

I get that, but it doesn't mean she couldn't have left, upset and made a choice to hitchhike or something and had something awful happen to her.

I'm going to guess that she was completely or partly disabled due to that injury, and her caregiver disposed of her body and has continued to cash her checks...

Sadly that's very likely!

I just wanted to state that I live in this area and in 1993 I was making frequent trips to Chicago. There is a rather large rest area and truck stop for sleepy drivers (on both the North and South bound lanes) where the remains were found. In addition, the rest stop bathroom and refreshment building is totally run by handicapped adults through some employment agency. A friend of mine adopted a child with fetal alcohol syndrome and she worked there. It would be interesting to know if it were off the North Bound or South Bound Lanes?

There is an MP on NamUs I'm trying to find that looks like this UID. Her pic even showed a possible neck issue. She could not look all the way up. She stood out bc she had a handicap that appeared obvious to me. I'll feel silly when I ever find it, I always do bc i dont tend to get my perceived match right lol I'm hunting for that pic now.

And I shouldn't have even posted this bc I was wrong lol just ignore me I've had far too much caffeine. After further searching the MP is all wrong, and it's way off date wise. There's no delete button when I post like this lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl