1206 users online (270 members and 936 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Margaret MacDermott, 50, Newcastle, 13 Feb 2016

Margaret MacDermott

Police appeal after missing woman's car found beside River Tyne

Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, England -
    Mother-of-two Margaret MacDermott disappeared from her home in Bolbec Road, Fenham, Newcastle, in the early hours of yesterday.

Her blue Renault Captur was found parked on Broad Chare on Newcastle Quayside yesterday afternoon.

CCTV footage has now revealed it was parked there by Margaret at about 5am on Saturday.

She has never been missing before and her disappearance is described as completely out of character.

Read more: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/l...#ixzz40A1cMS89
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

UPDATE: Appeal to trace missing Newcastle woman

Police are continuing to carry out enquiries today to locate missing person Margaret MacDermott.

The mother-of-two disappeared from her home on Bolbec Road in Fenham in the early hours of Saturday morning (13/2).

Her blue Renault Captur was found parked on Broad Chare on Newcastle Quayside yesterday afternoon.

Enquiries into CCTV footage have now found it was parked there by Margaret at around 5am on Saturday morning.

Margaret has never been missing before and her disappearance has been described as completely out of character.

She is described as around 5ft2in tall, of slim build and with short grey hair. She is a long term sufferer of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and so also has a very distinctive walk.

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/new...et_macdermott/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

From above link: "A long-term sufferer of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), she has a very distinctive walk."

It looks like she parked not far from a couple of bridges (Tyne & Millennium) - I don't have good feelings about this

Map of home & car location https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...GQ&usp=sharing
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

So much like the Sally Allen story. Parking your car next to quayside in darkness at 5am is never usually a happy ending . Hope she is found soon. This again highlights why it's vital to have more cctv at the quayside area.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    I heard about this over the weekend as it's local for me. I hope it's not going to turn out like Sally Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by alreetlike View Post
    I heard about this over the weekend as it's local for me. I hope it's not going to turn out like Sally Allen.
    I hope not too, but I think it's reasonable to feel it probably will

Oh dear cctv picks her up headed to the millennium bridge and then there is no cctv of her after that point.
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...could-10897962

Oh wow, this gave me the wrong kind of goosebumps, just like the Sally Allan case. Hope this has a better ending.
    Last edited by Missoni; 02-16-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo
    All my posts are just my own opinion and do not represent anyone else.

It's almost identical apart from the locations on the quayside are further apart. I live in Newcastle and there's not much on the news about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ad2817 View Post
    Oh dear cctv picks her up headed to the millennium bridge and then there is no cctv of her after that point.
    Is her MS to the point where it is very painful ? I only know a very little about MS but I know some people can have it with very few symptoms but as it advances, it can become painful and difficult to manage every day affairs with.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    Is her MS to the point where it is very painful ? I only know a very little about MS but I know some people can have it with very few symptoms but as it advances, it can become painful and difficult to manage every day affairs with.
    I wondered this too. I know a few people with MS and although they have some moments where it's not so bad, a lot of the time it is incredibly painful for them. I can't imagine living in such pain every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ad2817 View Post

Just as we all feared...

Other than a few bit and pieces on Facebook I've barely seen any mention of Margaret. It doesn't seem as though it's going to have a happy ending though.

So sorry that we're hear again with a disappearance on the banks of the River Tyne and I'm amazed that there have only been 11 posts on this thread. The contrast with Sally Allen is so stark.

Do any of the local posters know why this is? Is everyone emotionally worn out after thinking of Sally for so long or is it down to Margaret's family not being as high profile.

The two cases to me are so similar and, if Margaret has gone into the river, I just hope her family don't have to wait so long to find her body.

Do you think there is any chance the two could have known each other?

With Sally Allen it was all over facebook pretty quickly, and was then picked up by the local press.
    Her family were very vocal.

Im just not seeing that this time. Just a couple of shares on her missing information.

I dont know if the fact its a little later in the year, and everybody is back in their normal routine and back at work has made any diffrence.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kimlo View Post
    With Sally Allen it was all over facebook pretty quickly, and was then picked up by the local press.

Im just not seeing that this time. Just a couple of shares on her missing information.

I dont know if the fact its a little later in the year, and everybody is back in their normal routine and back at work has made any diffrence.

I'm sure you're right, I find the difference very interesting although I don't think people searching will make any difference to how soon Margaret is found.

Quote Originally Posted by kimlo View Post

I sort of agree. I think Sally going missing on Xmas day struck a chord. Not that any life is more important than another. Her family were a lot more vocal and the mystery in the early days kept the media interested. Unfortunately I think it's almost obvious what has happened in this case and its now just a focus on finding her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast