Found Deceased UK - Margaret MacDermott, 50, Newcastle, 13 Feb 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Margaret MacDermott
image.jpg

Police appeal after missing woman's car found beside River Tyne

Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, England -
Mother-of-two Margaret MacDermott disappeared from her home in Bolbec Road, Fenham, Newcastle, in the early hours of yesterday.

Her blue Renault Captur was found parked on Broad Chare on Newcastle Quayside yesterday afternoon.

CCTV footage has now revealed it was parked there by Margaret at about 5am on Saturday.

She has never been missing before and her disappearance is described as completely out of character.

Read more: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/...und-beside-river-tyne-1-7731592#ixzz40A1cMS89

UPDATE: Appeal to trace missing Newcastle woman

Police are continuing to carry out enquiries today to locate missing person Margaret MacDermott.

The mother-of-two disappeared from her home on Bolbec Road in Fenham in the early hours of Saturday morning (13/2).

Her blue Renault Captur was found parked on Broad Chare on Newcastle Quayside yesterday afternoon.

Enquiries into CCTV footage have now found it was parked there by Margaret at around 5am on Saturday morning.

Margaret has never been missing before and her disappearance has been described as completely out of character.

She is described as around 5ft2in tall, of slim build and with short grey hair. She is a long term sufferer of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and so also has a very distinctive walk.

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/ne..._missing_newcastle_woman_margaret_macdermott/

So much like the Sally Allen story. Parking your car next to quayside in darkness at 5am is never usually a happy ending :(. Hope she is found soon. This again highlights why it's vital to have more cctv at the quayside area.

Oh wow, this gave me the wrong kind of goosebumps, just like the Sally Allan case. :( Hope this has a better ending.

It's almost identical apart from the locations on the quayside are further apart. I live in Newcastle and there's not much on the news about it.

Is her MS to the point where it is very painful ? I only know a very little about MS but I know some people can have it with very few symptoms but as it advances, it can become painful and difficult to manage every day affairs with.

I wondered this too. I know a few people with MS and although they have some moments where it's not so bad, a lot of the time it is incredibly painful for them. I can't imagine living in such pain every day.

Oh dear cctv picks her up headed to the millennium bridge and then there is no cctv of her after that point.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/margaret-macdermott-grainy-cctv-could-10897962

Just as we all feared...

Other than a few bit and pieces on Facebook I've barely seen any mention of Margaret. It doesn't seem as though it's going to have a happy ending though.

So sorry that we're hear again with a disappearance on the banks of the River Tyne and I'm amazed that there have only been 11 posts on this thread. The contrast with Sally Allen is so stark.

Do any of the local posters know why this is? Is everyone emotionally worn out after thinking of Sally for so long or is it down to Margaret's family not being as high profile.

The two cases to me are so similar and, if Margaret has gone into the river, I just hope her family don't have to wait so long to find her body.

Do you think there is any chance the two could have known each other?

With Sally Allen it was all over facebook pretty quickly, and was then picked up by the local press.
Her family were very vocal.

Im just not seeing that this time. Just a couple of shares on her missing information.

I dont know if the fact its a little later in the year, and everybody is back in their normal routine and back at work has made any diffrence.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

With Sally Allen it was all over facebook pretty quickly, and was then picked up by the local press.

Im just not seeing that this time. Just a couple of shares on her missing information.

I dont know if the fact its a little later in the year, and everybody is back in their normal routine and back at work has made any diffrence.

I'm sure you're right, I find the difference very interesting although I don't think people searching will make any difference to how soon Margaret is found.

I sort of agree. I think Sally going missing on Xmas day struck a chord. Not that any life is more important than another. Her family were a lot more vocal and the mystery in the early days kept the media interested. Unfortunately I think it's almost obvious what has happened in this case and its now just a focus on finding her.

Police searching for missing Newcastle woman Margaret MacDermott release CCTV footage of potential witness.

Enquiries to try and locate her have led to officers identifying CCTV footage from cameras near to the Baltic in Gateshead which show a person walking along Hawks Road towards Quarryfield Road and past the entrance to Gateshead College at around 6:10am.

This is around the same time that Margaret was in the area of the Millennium Bridge and not too far away.

There is a possibility that this person may have seen Margaret and may be able to help us with our enquiries.

We are appealing for this person to come forward and contact us as soon as possible as any information they could provide could be of assistance.

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/ne...ce_release_cctv_footage_of_potential_witness/

How sad. RIP Margaret.
Anyone else feel a tad guilty with how this case has been compared to Sally?

How sad. RIP Margaret.
Anyone else feel a tad guilty with how this case has been compared to Sally?

Yep, very quiet in comparison.

RIP Margaret. I almost went for a walk down to the quayside on my lunch break but I'm pleased I didn't now, I wouldn't have wanted to see the recovery.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back