Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Zachary Marr
missing%20guy_1455472711087_1674472_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police looking for missing 22-year-old

Downtown Boston, Massachusetts -
Police are looking for a man who was last seen in downtown Boston early Saturday morning.

Harvard Police said Zachary Marr was last seen in the area of the Bell in Hand bar, but did not return home.

Surveillance video from Boston Public Market shows Marr had stepped outside to have a cigarette.
Zackary%201-2_1455472712027_1675312_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The Boston Police Department, in collaboration with the Harvard, MA Police Department, is seeking the public’s assistance in efforts to locate 22-year-old Zachary Marr. Mr. Marr was last seen outside of the Bell in Hand bar in the area of 45 Union Street, Boston at about 1:40 AM on Saturday, February 13, 2016. Mr. Marr is described as a white male, about 5’08” tall and approximately 175 lbs. with short brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard. Mr. Marr was last seen wearing dark jeans, a blue sweatshirt, and black sneakers. Mr. Marr was visiting Boston from Harvard, MA.

Zackary%202_1455472712026_1675311_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BostonPoliceDepartment/

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/police-looking-for-missing-22-year-old/82432895

Sent from my T1000 ultra slim Tricorder in my Mercedes-Maybach S600 using Tapatalk

This is about a half dozen blocks from the harbor. Hopefully he didn't head in that direction. It's been sub zero degrees in the Boston area this weekend so this doesn't look good.

With no jacket,no hat and no gloves he was probably desparatley seeking a place to get out of the bitter cold. Reminds me of the young guy who was seemingly tossed from a Boston bar without his jacket a couple of winters ago and was found in the water a couple of months later. I sure hope this story ends differently.

It has been beyond cold in Boston. Very concerned for this young man....and shame on the bar for not letting him back in to get his coat.

Missing Person Alert: Zachary Marr,22 - Boston, MA
The Boston Police Department, in collaboration with the Harvard, MA Police Department, is seeking the public’s assistance in efforts to locate 22-year-old Zachary Marr. Mr. Marr was last seen outside of the Bell in Hand bar in the area of 45 Union Street, Boston at about 1:40 AM on Saturday, February 13, 2016. Mr. Marr is described as a white male, about 5’08” tall and approximately 175 lbs. with short brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard. Mr. Marr was last seen wearing dark jeans, a blue sweatshirt, and black sneakers. Mr. Marr was visiting Boston from Harvard, MA.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Zachary Marr is advised to contact District A-1 detectives at (617)343-4571 or Harvard, MA Police Sergeant Coates at (978)456-1212.

image.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204851633405139&set=o.10285029015&type=3&theater

I feel certain they will locate his body in a waterway, miles from where he was last seen and was awaiting his cousins who were inside the bar, communicating with him.

I feel so strongly, again as with all these cases, that this involves a pretty woman or someone who looks like a pretty woman.

Surely in downtown Boston, there are video cameras that will capture what happened to him.

And I would like to see the bar employees who didn't let him return to the bar charged with depraved indifference to human life.

sbm. I see an article which states he couldn't get back in - I don't see one that states bar employee(s) blocked his return. I wonder if the door to the bar gets locked when the clock inside the bar reads 2am.

sbm. I see an article which states he couldn't get back in - I don't see one that states bar employee(s) blocked his return. I wonder if the door to the bar gets locked when the clock inside the bar reads 2am.

Yes, that's why I removed that line from my post a little while ago - I guess not fast enough. ;D It's not clear he was denied admission by an employee - maybe in that double door set up, he couldn't get back in and no one was there to hear him banging.

Looks like he just stepped out for a cigarette. If he smokes. Idk.
Maybe he was a little tipsy and walked in the wrong direction.

Ugh. I hate these late night-bar disappearances.

Momoffourboys, an article said he stepped out to make a call and you can see him in a surveillance photo on the phone.

This is baffling. I would like to know a clear time frame for how long he was out there in the freezing cold before anyone tried to find him - sounds like it could be up to 15 minutes. Time to make the call, time to send the snapchat, time to send something "again" that went directly to voicemail (don't understand that part, what was being sent "again" that went to voicemail?)

Momoffourboys, an article said he stepped out to make a call and you can see him in a surveillance photo on the phone.

This is baffling. I would like to know a clear time frame for how long he was out there in the freezing cold before anyone tried to find him - sounds like it could be up to 15 minutes. Time to make the call, time to send the snapchat, time to send something "again" that went directly to voicemail (don't understand that part, what was being sent "again" that went to voicemail?)

Ah. Thanks. I missed that.

The "being sent again" was regarding the cousin calling/texting him again and again. The calls went to voicemail. From what I understand.

If he was stuck outside and bar was closing...wouldn't people be leaving? Someone would have seen him.

Ah. Thanks. I missed that.

The "being sent again" was regarding the cousin calling/texting him again and again. The calls went to voicemail. From what I understand.

If he was stuck outside and bar was closing...wouldn't people be leaving? Someone would have seen him.

It seems that way, or at any rate, if people were leaving the bar he would take that opportunity to get back in, I would think. I think he was gone very, very quickly after he sent the snap chat.

My sister lives in Boston and yesterday it was so cold, her husband threw a glass of hot water to the air and it froze immediately

I don't get this. If he wanted to get back in to get his coat, why didn't he call his cousin, ask him to bring his coat out when they leave, meet up with him? Did someone abduct him? Lure him?

I don't get this. If he wanted to get back in to get his coat, why didn't he call his cousin, ask him to bring his coat out when they leave, meet up with him? Did someone abduct him? Lure him?

As I gather, he wanted just to go back in. That's where his grouping of cousins was, and he presumedly left his coat at their table expecting to come back in and rejoin them when he had completed his call. He did snapchat them, say he couldn't get back into the bar, and then he was gone and his phone was off and has been since.

I wouldn't think the doors would lock when someone goes outside but if it did surely there would be a bar employee close by. I guess thoughts going to employees not letting someone return after they leave comes because we have seen some many cases of this same scenario. If this is what happened, shame on the bar.

If Zachary went to smoke at 1:40 and it was as cold as reported would he stay outside for 20 min? I don't know cause I don't smoke but maybe someone here who does smoke can weigh in on that.

JMO

I wouldn't think the doors would lock when someone goes outside but if it did surely there would be a bar employee close by. I guess thoughts going to employees not letting someone return after they leave comes because we have seen some many cases of this same scenario. If this is what happened, shame on the bar.

If Zachary went to smoke at 1:40 and it was as cold as reported would he stay outside for 20 min? I don't know cause I don't smoke but maybe someone here who does smoke can weigh in on that.

JMO

Or maybe I didn't imagine it....it does say he went out to smoke.

"Marr was celebrating his birthday with his cousins Friday night. He went outside for a smoke. He was without his jacket and texted his cousin the bar was closing and he couldn’t get back inside. Amanda Marr, Zach’s cousin, said when she went outside within ten minutes he was gone."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/14/boston-police-missing-man-zachary-marr/

As for the 20 mins...I smoke. I would be outside for 2 mins. to smoke.

Strange... Why wasn't he allowed to go back in for his jacket? Windchill was outrages into Saturday night/SUnday, I am not to far from Boston, and here it was -14 with windchill -34. Just from the pic of him standing outside I can see another person. If bars were closing there must be other people out, hopefully someone saw something.
I really hate when one goes missing from bars :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member