Found Deceased PA - John Kohlbecker, 27, Philadelphia, 11 February 2016

MamaJoJo

Where did you go?
Reaction score
The New Jersey State Police Major Crimes Unit and the NJ Park Police; seeking the public's assistance in locating an "at risk" person.

John Kohlbecker, 27, white male, 5'11", 135 lbs, blond hair, blue eyes, was last seen leaving work in Philadelphia, PA., on Thursday, February 11, 2016.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5588293/

So, John lives and works in Philadelphia, and they found his car over in Burlington County in the woods? Do I have that accurate?

From one of the find John pages, it looks like John is a Roxborough guy, and the part of Philly where he was last seen was nearby Manayunk.

For nonlocal people, that would be really out of the way from where they found his car.

From one of the find John pages, it looks like John is a Roxborough guy, and the part of Philly where he was last seen was nearby Manayunk.

For nonlocal people, that would be really out of the way from where they found his car.

Yes, from Manayunk to Green Bank (where there is an entrance to the Wharton State Forest) is about 60 miles. If he intended to go there, where is he now? It's been so cold this weekend. I hope he just skipped out on his life for a bit and will be back really soon.

There seems to be a big SM presence out there trying to get the word out. Manayunk and Roxborough can rally again for one of their own!

No new news this morning. I'm not seeing any new SM posts either. Why is it so silent?

I agree, not much exposure to this case. The most I can find is on the non main stream media sources.

At 2:30 p.m. Thursday, a video camera spotted him at a ShopRite in Bridgeton, Cumberland County.
http://patch.com/new-jersey/cinnaminson/missing-risk-mans-car-found-burlington-county-0

His car was found in Green Bank State Forest Station in Wharton State Forest, Washington Township, Burlington County.

To get from the shopright in bridgeton to Green bank according to google maps is an 1hr and 6mins depending on traffic and path.

I personally know John. My brother was one of his best friends growing up, but when my brother got his city job he kind of lost touch with John an I did too, as in we both didn't hang out with him much. It's odd to have this happen when you grow up with someone, they live really close and the relationship turns into a hi and bye. I guess all of us just got really busy with our jobs. John has a mix of friends, he has really good friends and then not so good ( drug addict/alcoholic) friends. I personally never seen John do drugs and when I knew him he was a little wired because of ADHD but he was a good person.

I find it really, really and extremely odd he would be in that area. Sure I may not know all the places he goes, but I do know every day John would be home. Some nights he would come home late at 12am, but he would always be at his house...always!

I don't know what to think. I just find it odd he would go to shoprights and then to this wooded area. Unless drugs are involved and something went wrong?

I also want to know why is there no search party. If the wether wasn't so bad I would be out looking, because I know my relationship with John wasn't that close, but he's my neighbor and I still consider him a friend.

I also want to know why this is all hush hush. I can only assume his phone records have been checked and they have a suspect. I would assume authorities would of looked to see where his phone last pinged. No mention of phone, no mention of the condition of the car. The authorities still have the car as it's not back at his house. But I am very pissed off at how Philadelphia Police have handled this case. New Jersey State Police was the first official source to post John was missing, he's from Philly why is our Police delayed to do anything? Only last night did they make the post in PA he was missing, and it's been since the 11th and they post on the 15th and they only made the post due to the NJ State Police. Shame on you Philly Police.
John's cousin posted he was missing before any State Police or Missing Person site did. I just am glad his family is taking the steps to help get him found.

Originally, I thought I saw that John was last seen at work. They must have updated that fact to Bridgeton at 2 PM on Thursday.

The obvious question is who did John know from that area of South Jersey. That is a strange place to travel for someone from up by Roxborough. Did he go to school possibly in NJ? He would not be headed to the shore in the middle of winter. Even if he had a reason to go to NJ, why that part of South Jersey? It is kind of out of the way.

If he was in NJ on Thursday, then maybe he was planning to stay at a camp ground in the Wharton State Forest or around Green Bank?

What could he of done in that area from Thursday to Sunday?
It's a big mystery and the more information withheld from the public, the chances of him not being found is greater, unless the authorities have a lead. How do any of us know if someone else stole his car and drove there, how do we know for sure John would leave his car there. Maybe he went to visit someone and on his way home had car trouble and tried to walk somewhere for help and due to temperatures couldn't make it. I want to know if there is a real search in those woods for him. The longer this goes with out information the more I want to drive my *advertiser censored* up there and start looking myself. Although to be safe I will probably wait for a public search party, or I will create one if it comes down to it.

I am not much of a camper, but do people really go camping when the high temperature is maybe 20 degrees? It was dangerously cold, where you have to be nuts to be outside for a long period of time.

His car was close to 20 years old, so it certainly is a possibility that he had car troubles, in the colder weather. I wish we knew the condition of his car. Also, if that were the case, it would be only after he drove to the state park. So, I rule out an unknown person helping him with car trouble. I think he knew someone and something might have gone down.

" What could he of done in that area from Thursday to Sunday? "

Not much during this time of year, unless he was on his way to pick someone up (friend, gf) to go somewhere else (Atlantic city?). There was a boat show in AC, but it was the prior week. Or maybe he was in the area to purchase goods, or maybe sell something (craigslist meeting to sell something?). Just speculating.

NJSP have been handling this case from the rip. This is due to the fact they determined his last known location to be in Bridgeton (NJ). Northwest Det. (the district that handle Shane Montgomery's disappearance) have been heavily involved in assistance. I know citizens wish/think certain LEAs should initiate (and follow through) any/every case that the public perceives is a particular jurisdiction's assignment. However, the public, without specific knowledge of facts; cannot simply throw blame on a particular agency, because THEY (the public) have made up their mind who they think is responsible for undertaking an assignment.

I'm sure you're not they only one who's "pi**ed off" at the way the city has handle this, or any case. There seems to be an unrelenting fallacy that the city has unlimited resources to handle any case. The city already had 28 murders (and 100s of shootings) in the first 45 days of 2016. Philly takes this incident, as well as all others, with extreme urgency, and prideful duty to protect and serve the great city they selflessly put their safety on the line; day in and day out. NW Det. are some of they best police who've ever donned blues

NJSP have been handling this case from the rip. This is due to the fact they determined his last known location to be in Bridgeton (NJ). Northwest Det. (the district that handle Shane Montgomery's disappearance) have been heavily involved in assistance. I know citizens wish/think certain LEAs should initiate (and follow through) any/every case that the public perceives is a particular jurisdiction's assignment. However, the public, without specific knowledge of facts; cannot simply throw blame on a particular agency, because THEY (the public) have made up their mind who they think is responsible for undertaking an assignment.

I'm sure you're not they only one who's "pi**ed off" at the way the city has handle this, or any case. There seems to be an unrelenting fallacy that the city has unlimited resources to handle any case. The city already had 28 murders (and 100s of shootings) in the first 45 days of 2016. Philly takes this incident, as well as all others, with extreme urgency, and prideful duty to protect and serve the great city they selflessly put their safety on the line; day in and day out. NW Det. are some of they best police who've ever donned blues

Nice to see you on John's thread, JBlock. I'm thinking Scarlett is just venting given her friend is missing and it seems like there's not much urgency by the powers that be or the family to find him. Of course, there is always movement by LE that we the public aren't privy to. I know I am grateful for your and your fellow officers' service to the community.

I hope NJ LE is somehow searching through the forest (what a daunting task) and that people who know and love John are trying to figure out why or how his car ended up in such an apparently obscure location...with him missing.

If you are taking a break, John, it's time to come home. I'm sitting here really hoping you are just clearing your head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back