Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial discussion thread.

Please post your comments here, and at all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be pm'ing you, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

Reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
We're delayed by about 20 minutes. One set of attorneys coming from Toronto is running behind because of the snow

AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
We're delayed by about 20 minutes. One set of attorneys coming from Toronto is running behind because of the snow

Looks like my boss is going to get an extra 20 minutes of work out of me today.

I'm in court today for the first day of the Bosma trial this week. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:06 AM

Mark Smich is here, but Millard hasn't yet been led in.
by Adam Carter 9:53 AM

Halton Regional Police Det. Const. Laura McLellan is here as well. Her testimony will continue this morning.
by Adam Carter 9:55 AM

We're delayed by about 20 minutes. One set of attorneys coming from Toronto is running behind because of the snow.
by Adam Carter 9:57 AM

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 6m6 minutes ago
My GO bus broke down on way to #timbosma trial so I will be reading the tweets --unless a key player gets snow delayed too

SB on the first day, I believe testified that she recognized her husband's keys shown in the ignition of TB's truck.. I believe it was a photo from one of their kijiji ads. Then when DM was arrested, we heard from the officer who took charge of DM, and discovered black gloves, a wad of cash, and a PetroCanada receipt. It was mentioned in the Crown's opening address that TB's truck keys had been found inside DM's vehicle when he was arrested. IIRC, I don't believe we have heard from anyone yet as to the searching of DM's vehicle or the actual discovery of TB's keys inside or the verification that they were in fact TB's keys. MOO
attachment.php

http://www.thespec.com/photogallerypopup1/6258649?popUp=true

Attachments

• Exhibit2 Image7 Key in Ignition.jpg
    Exhibit2 Image7 Key in Ignition.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 271
Looks like my boss is going to get an extra 20 minutes of work out of me today.

LOL anyone else try to get as much work as they can done before 10am?!?! I came in this morning and worked like crazy so I'd be caught up to read along :)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1h1 hour ago
Well. A wrench in my plans this morning. Car accident -- nobody hurt -- on the way to court. May be a little late with the tweeting...

Wow...how bad is it out there weather wise?

It's pretty bad. It snowed all night and is supposed to continue into the afternoon so it's hard for the plows to keep up

My kids have a snow day here in Niagara. Hubby works in Hamilton and says roads are quite slippery.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1h1 hour ago
Well. A wrench in my plans this morning. Car accident -- nobody hurt -- on the way to court. May be a little late with the tweeting...

Wow...how bad is it out there weather wise?

Think TO was expected to get about 5". We didn't get anything in the extreme southwest.

Both legal teams are in the room now, along with the Crown. Accused being led in again. Now we're just waiting on Justice Goodman.
by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

Millard scanned the courtroom on the way in, and raised his eyebrows like a greeting to someone in the room.
by Adam Carter 10:18 AM

Justice Goodman now in the room. We'll be getting underway shortly.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Jury now being brought in.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads