CA - The Curious Case Of The Man In The U.S. Illegally And His Stolen Car

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
pedro-b66d0bdc9594781c7c5280a6da6cdb099654f57b-s400-c85.jpg

Pedro Figueroa, 31, reported his car stolen. When San Francisco law enforcement officers found out there was a warrant for his arrest, they called federal immigration officials.
Pedro Figueroa recently reported to San Francisco police that his car had been stolen. When it was recovered, the police summoned Figueroa to a neighborhood station, where they asked for proof that he owned the car. They also ran his name to check for warrants.

"And they come up with a hit on a warrant in the criminal justice system," San Francisco Sheriff Vicki Hennessy says.

The police had called her agency for help to check for what's known as a failure-to-appear warrant issued by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It turned out that Figueroa, 31, was in this country illegally. So a sheriff's clerk called the feds. But Hennessy said no one seemed to know what the warrant was for. Since the police didn't have enough information to hold Figueroa, they decided to release him. And that's when Figueroa's story really got complicated.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/16/46527...e-man-in-the-u-s-illegally-and-his-stolen-car

Sanctuary cities in the United States - utterly ridiculous. Send the illegal back where he came from and auction his car.

:cow:

Sanctuary cities in the United States - utterly ridiculous. Send the illegal back where he came from and auction his car.

So you are advocating deporting someone without due process and stealing his property? If that is correct, you are in the wrong country. Because we have a Constitution that prohibits that type of thing.

So you are advocating deporting someone without due process and stealing his property? If that is correct, you are in the wrong country. Because we have a Constitution that prohibits that type of thing.

I believe we also have laws on "legal" entry to this country. Am I wrong? I further believe NO city in these United States has a right to harbor criminals/law breakers/illegal aliens. Someone needs to put paid to this travesty, although the whole state seems to be drying up. Maybe there will be justice after all, who can tell?

I believe we also have laws on "legal" entry to this country. Am I wrong? I further believe NO city in these United States has a right to harbor criminals/law breakers/illegal aliens. Someone needs to put paid to this travesty, although the whole state seems to be drying up. Maybe there will be justice after all, who can tell?

Trident I agree. I may be wrong here but we may have laws in place but they are not enforced anymore and the lawmakers and such turn a blind eye. Even when illegals murder, rape and pillage. Oh, they have rights. Give em a J.O.B. Give em free healthcare. Give em housing. Give em foodstamps. But only if they are violent and illegal!! I am sick to death of this sh#%. Rights my a$$!

I am all for helping, as I do as much as I can in my community and I am involved in a few charities around the world.

If you bring yourself to our country LEGALLY, I am all for helping out. Education, healthcare, food, housing, but not a free ride. After you get established, you and your family should pay your way just like the rest of us. There are many who do and don't exploit the system.

As for Refugees, I am all for helping the displaced as I believe it's a tragedy to lose your home and your country. As Americans, we have no idea what it's like to go through such horror everyday and to live in fear.

I have a handful of chronic debilitating pain issues and am unable to work outside the home anymore and I cannot get a dime. I was born in this great country and it saddens me I am left out in the cold and illegals get what I so desperately need. Maybe one day I will get healthcare to help out with my massive medical bills and disability.

I apologize for my rant. I never seek out confrontation or fights here, I always steer clear of political and racial matters because I get very upset when everyone fights and that's not what I am about. We all have an opinion and for once I said my peace.

love and hugs.

If You Want To Go Fast Go Alone, If You Want To Go Far, Go Together - African Proverb

So you believe that immigration laws override the constitution? Thats not the way it works.

The first immigration laws were passed in 1875 to keep Asians out of the US, and they have been used to discriminate against various groups ever since.

Fortunately the Constitution trumps the racist immigration laws, and there are people, even entire cities who stand up in support of the Constitution against these racist laws.

So you believe that immigration laws override the constitution? Thats not the way it works.

The first immigration laws were passed in 1875 to keep Asians out of the US, and they have been used to discriminate against various groups ever since.

Fortunately the Constitution trumps the racist immigration laws.

We could argue Constitution until the cows come home, but at the moment we're talking about an ILLEGAL alien who needs to get his azz booted out of this country. IMO

We could argue Constitution until the cows come home, but at the moment we're talking about an ILLEGAL alien who needs to get his azz booted out of this country. IMO

You don’t have to like it, but you’ve still got to deal with the Constitution, before you can do that.

You don’t have to like it, but you’ve still got to deal with the Constitution, before you can do that.

It isn't up to ME to "do that", it's up to law enforcement, the guys who are hired/paid to do that, but had their hands tied.

If you want illegals in this country, so be it. I don't. I agree to disagree with you.

It isn't up to ME to "do that", it's up to law enforcement, the guys who are hired/paid to do that, but had their hands tied.

If you want illegals in this country, so be it. I don't. I agree to disagree with you.

Law enforcement will have to deal with the Constitution before they can do it. Again immigration law does not trump the Constitution, nor should it.

And who is this helping?

For now, Pedro Figueroa sits in an ICE detention center just east of San Francisco. The immigration court considers his case to be such a priority that it has scheduled a hearing based on his original asylum claim for November 2019.

Grant him asylum and move on. He's been waiting since 2005!

Pedro should be deported, IMO.

Despite the blatantly progressive bent to the story by NPR, Pedro is here illegally. He is an illegal alien, a criminal, subject to our laws.

"Sanctuary city" policies are unconstitutional, IMO.

Pedro, and all illegals should be deported when they are discovered, IMO. No amnesty. No residency. No services. And I believe constitutional rights to "due process" should be for citizens, not illegals.

It's the "right" of the citizens that our government should follow the laws and deport illegal aliens.

Pedro is here illegally. He's been here illegally in excess of 10 years. Pedro needs to be deported, as soon as possible. There are really no other issues that need to be processed in the courts, IMO. Give the proceeds from the auction of Pedro's car to ICE.

No open borders. No sanctuary cities. Welcome LEGAL immigrants. Deport illegal aliens. It's quite simple. We have laws that need to be enforced for the good of the country as a whole, and each citizen. And that includes Pedro.

He should have been deported when he was picked up for the DUI years ago! THAT is the real crime!

(And Pedro and other illegals ARE aliens-- criminals for their illegal entry and illegal residency, not "immigrants" or "undocumented migrants" or some other such touchy feely euphemistic blather.)

"JMO"

(And Pedro and other illegals ARE aliens-- criminals for their illegal entry and illegal residency, not "immigrants" or "undocumented migrants" or some other such touchy feely euphemistic blather.)

"JMO"

No, he didn't enter the country illegally. He came here seeking asylum.

And then...
Immigration authorities released him from custody pending a hearing.

And to add, right now there are in excess of 184,000 illegal aliens in this country who HAVE HAD due process thru the court system and HAVE VALID, LEGAL DEPORTATION ORDERS. Pedro is one of those. Let’s start to solve the illegal alien problem by deporting the 184,000 who ALREADY HAVE DEPORTATION ORDERS. Then we can argue some more about what to do about the other 11 million illegal aliens.

And to add, right now there are in excess of 184,000 illegal aliens in this country who HAVE HAD due process thru the court system and HAVE VALID, LEGAL DEPORTATION ORDERS.

Source?

Do police frequently run your name against the database of criminals when you report a crime?

Do police frequently run your name against the database of criminals when you report a crime?

Yeah, pretty much, thats the way they do business these days. Thats one of the reasons I refuse to report anything to the police. The police are not your friend. You can believe they are if you want, but all they do is protect themselves, and treat everyone else as a criminal.

And to add, right now there are in excess of 184,000 illegal aliens in this country who HAVE HAD due process thru the court system and HAVE VALID, LEGAL DEPORTATION ORDERS. Pedro is one of those. Let’s start to solve the illegal alien problem by deporting the 184,000 who ALREADY HAVE DEPORTATION ORDERS. Then we can argue some more about what to do about the other 11 million illegal aliens.

Many sources. The numbers are far higher than 184,000-- closer to 1 million (several places I've seen 918,369 quoted directly from DHS to the senate immigration committee)-- 170,000-190,000 (depending on which government source used) only includes the ones with deportation orders who have been convicted of crimes in addition to their deportation orders/ final orders of removal.

The Department of Homeland Security told Congress in a letter that surfaced Friday that it has failed to remove nearly 1 million illegal aliens who had previously been ordered deported, and that 179,000 of those aliens had been convicted of a criminal offense.

DHS provided those details in response to a letter the Senate Judiciary subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest sent over the summer, which asked for details about the number of criminal aliens ordered deported.

DHS admitted in its letter that it has not calculated how many additional criminal aliens the country should expect to be released from police custody onto the street, since they are no longer considered a priority for deportation under PEP standards.

The agency maintains that it only collects statistics for criminal immigrants who have been ordered deported but remain in defiance of that order.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/d...-aliens-have-criminal-records/article/2575354

In fact, the removal of criminal aliens has continued to freefall, and has been cut in half since 2011. DHS documents show that the Administration freed 30,000 convicted criminal aliens into U.S. communities in 2014. Overall, there are about 167,000 convicted criminal aliens who were ordered removed that are now at large in the United States, and almost as many at large who were released before being ordered removed.

http://www.sessions.senate.gov/publ...eases?ID=5AE295F3-7A11-44B8-B8B2-C649C1C51607

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, Immigration and the National Interest Subcommittee Chairman Jeff Sessions and Judiciary Committee member Jeff Flake are asking for more information surrounding cases in which foreign nationals with criminal records facing deportation were released from custody and went on to commit new crimes. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) recently confirmed that 121 convicted criminals are now charged with homicide after being released from government custody instead of being deported. ICE also disclosed that 36,007 criminals were released from its custody in Fiscal Year 2013, and 1,000 of them have since been convicted again of additional crimes. Of those repeat offenders, 156 were released from ICE custody a second time, instead of being deported.
http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...riminals-charged-new-crimes-despite-receiving

https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics#wcm-survey-target-id

http://cis.org/deportation-basics

BBM

Pedro should be deported, IMO.

Despite the blatantly progressive bent to the story by NPR, Pedro is here illegally. He is an illegal alien, a criminal, subject to our laws.

"Sanctuary city" policies are unconstitutional, IMO.

Pedro, and all illegals should be deported when they are discovered, IMO. No amnesty. No residency. No services. And I believe constitutional rights to "due process" should be for citizens, not illegals.

It's the "right" of the citizens that our government should follow the laws and deport illegal aliens.

Pedro is here illegally. He's been here illegally in excess of 10 years. Pedro needs to be deported, as soon as possible. There are really no other issues that need to be processed in the courts, IMO. Give the proceeds from the auction of Pedro's car to ICE.

No open borders. No sanctuary cities. Welcome LEGAL immigrants. Deport illegal aliens. It's quite simple. We have laws that need to be enforced for the good of the country as a whole, and each citizen. And that includes Pedro.

He should have been deported when he was picked up for the DUI years ago! THAT is the real crime!

"JMO"

<applause>

I agree totally.

There are many limitations to immigration. Illegal "immigration" into this country is not a right either under the laws or under the Constitution , and should not be protected.

The illegal aliens should be expelled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back