753 users online (81 members and 672 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Teen Sexually Assaulted Girl In Church

A 17-year-old high school student was indicted Friday on charges he sexually assaulted a 9-year-old girl in their South Side church.

Prosecutors announced the indictment charging Quovadis Thompson with predatory criminal sexual assault when he appeared in court.

Thompson was accused of sexually assaulting the girl inside the Lilydale First Baptist Church on two occasions -- sometime in late June and again on Aug. 7, Assistant State's Attorney Tom Simpson said during a bond hearing earlier this month.
    http://www.nbc5.com/news/5042883/det...94&dppid=65195
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I hope charging him with predatory sexual assault will mean extra time if he is convicted. Would that be naming him a predator right out of the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    I hope charging him with predatory sexual assault will mean extra time if he is convicted. Would that be naming him a predator right out of the gate?
    I don't think that I have ever seen that term used before this case. Wonder if that is a result of a new law there? My interpatation is that they are naming him a sexual predator right off the bat. If so, maybe there is less chance he can ever be released like Duncan was, with no supervision.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight