NJ NJ - Mary Agnes Klinsky, 18, Asbury Park, 16 September 1965

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
The homicide of Mary Agnes Klinsky has been solved, according to investigators. DNA evidence has revealed that serial killer Robert Zarinsky was responsible for her murder. He died in 2008 but if he was alive, he would be prosecuted for the crime.

After 50 years, family learns serial killer murdered teen

After more than half a century, relatives of Mary Agnes Klinsky now know who is responsible for her gruesome murder.

Newly tested DNA evidence linked her 1965 death to the notorious serial killer Robert Zarinsky, who died in 2008, the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office announced.

"We’re glad it's solved," said her 71-year-old sister-in-law, Margaret Klinsky. "But it doesn’t bring her back."

If Zarinsky was alive today, he would be prosecuted for the homicide and sexual assault, the release said.

Klinsky is the first person Zarinsky is accused of killing.

“To my knowledge, this is the oldest homicide case we have ever solved," First Assistant Prosecutor Marc C. LeMieux said.

Suspected serial killer linked to student's 1965 killing

"The dogged determination of our investigators and those at the New Jersey state police has provided closure for the Klinsky family," acting county Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said. "After more than half a century, they know who killed their sister and the residents of Monmouth County have a clearer understanding of the murderous reach of one of our most notorious serial killers in our history."

Two of Klinsky's siblings met with investigating officers shortly before the charges were announced, Gramiccioni said. He said the family members commended the work of all the law enforcement agencies involved and indicated they are gratified that their sister can now rest in peace."

'It's been a rough 50 years,' says sister of cold case victim

It's been a rough 50 years for Frances Klinksy, not knowing who killed her younger sister, Mary.

Frances, 71, was only 20 years old when Mary Agnes Klinsky was killed on Sept. 15, 1965.

"Even after 50 years, its like it just happened yesterday," Frances Klinsky said by phone Wednesday evening, having just read the news herself. "It's been a long time, but it still hurts."

Frances Klinsky said the news that authorities are connecting Zarinksy to her sister's death is going to take time to set in. She also wishes he was still alive so justice could be served.

"I would have really liked to seen him go to trial," she said.

Frances Klinsky recalled all this information as she learned that Zarinksy was the one responsible for her sister's death. During a phone interview, she took several pauses to digest the information and was often at a loss for words.

"I'm overwhelmed, I really am," she said, just as she arrived home from work, her jacket still on.

"I'm shocked to say the least, but happy that there might be some closure after all this," she continued. "It was a rough time, it's been a rough 50 something years not knowing. And you keep hearing more and more and it gets overwhelming after a while. It's very emotional, even after 50 years."

50-year-old cold case solved

19768843-small.jpg

Zarinsky was a local NJ creep who was guilty of other murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back