Resolved NY - Brooklyn, Van Dam St, WhtFem 18-30, UP8516, unresp in car w/male, very short arms/legs, Aug'90 - namus removed

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP Case 8516

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8516

Unidentified Female

* Found August 20, 1990 in Kings County, NY
* Estimated Year of Death: 1990

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 18-30 years old
* Approximate Height: 50' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair blond/strawberry 10'; eyes brown;
5" scar on lower abdomen below navel; arms and legs are disproportionally short in relation to the torso.

* Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
* Clothing/Jewelry: nothing.

* DNA: Available is currently not available

Case History:
Unknown white female was found unresponsive in a car in an enclosed garage at 55 Van Dam Street. There was a male in the car as well.

Do they know who the male is?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5" scar on lower abdomen below navel; arms and legs are disproportionally short in relation to the torso.

Ok, so possible c-section (based on age I would doubt a hysterectomy) or other abdominal surgery and very likely Achondroplasia (Dwarfism).

I point out those words (Achondroplasia and Dwarfism) because the missing reports may use those and not use the same language as the ME here.

I feel like this is missing so much information.

Who owned the car? Who was the male? Was the male alive? How did they die (Meaning, was she put in the car after death, was it an accident, or did they die of carbon monoxide poisoning?)?

This case is a little odd. If she was found responsive in the car, that implies (in my mind) that she was still alive possibly, like, in a coma. Which means to me that she should have a recognizable face. Or, if her face was unrecognizable, it wouldn't be due to decomposition, but maybe trauma.
Having said that, if she were indeed dead when she was discovered, hence the decomp, then why don't they just say "unidentified female remains found in car, along with a male." The circumstances are worded very oddly and./or cryptically, or someone messed up, IMHO.

it sounds to me like a carbon monoxide suicide.

"Unresponsive" is LE-speak; since they can't legally pronounce death, they can't say they found her dead.

Carbon monoxide poisoning would fit the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Unresponsive" is LE-speak; since they can't legally pronounce death, they can't say they found her dead.
Carbon monoxide poisoning would fit the circumstances.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just figured if she were decomposing, they wouldn't need to pronounce her dead, it would just be obvious that she were, like when they find skeletal remains.
I understand what you're saying, though.

I'm just confused. They can't say that there was a man there and then not explain who he was and what his significance is!

I just figured if she were decomposing, they wouldn't need to pronounce her dead, it would just be obvious that she were, like when they find skeletal remains.
I understand what you're saying, though.

Well, yeah, common sense would say that, wouldn't it...but.

Does "no clothing" mean she's in the car nekkid?

Did a jealous wife/husband maybe shoot both of them at the same time & LE is being polite?

Was the car in a garage, on the street, still at the dealership, on a lift in a repair shop, on the train to Florida....

Most likely whoever entered this case just typed in the medical examiner's report, or the police report about the incident, or something like that. No clothing could mean she was naked or it could mean the report didn't say anything about clothing.

The google street view of the address shows small commercial garages with a walk-in door and a garage door. One seems to be a candy distributor and another maybe a window washer. Of course that's now; no telling what was there in 1990.

Carbuff, I looked at your cool Google Street View, thanks! I'm into preservation & want that building across the street with the brick arches.

We need to know more to figure out this young lady's name!

She only weighed 85 lbs??

As per (http://www.livestrong.com/article/328220-the-average-height-and-weight-by-age/)
An 8-year-old girl has an average height of 50 inches and an average weight of 58 pounds. At 10 years old, the average girl is 54 inches tall and weighs 72 pounds. By age 12, the average height has raised to 59 inches and the average weight is at 92 pounds.

Jane Doe height was 50 inches = 4 ft 2'' = 127 cm only and her weight was 85 Pounds = 38.6 kg which is very tiny. Compared to data of 8 year old girl from above article Jane Doe seems to be approx 30 lbs heavier (58 pounds vs 85 pounds) with ratio to her own height. That really does sounds unbelievable. Of course above details are just for really vague comparison as we do not know JD age and also her weight would be probably influenced by different proportions due to her dwarfism.

her weight would be probably influenced by different proportions due to her dwarfism.
Based on the description of the short limbs, the height and weight, I'm leaning toward achondroplasia, a common form of dwarfism, as someone mentioned earlier.
I'm wondering if this were some sort of sexual encounter gone wrong, and the death was accidental. I'm also thinking one of the reasons they aren't mentioning anything about the man could be that he wasn't dead.

Alleykins, I agree that LE is leaving things unsaid for decency, hadn't considered the scenario you suggest. In that case, we the make & model of the car won't help us, we'll need to know who "worked" that neighborhood?

If she were a working girl, it could explain why she hasn't been reported.
I haven't found anyone yet that I would classify as a little person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back