778 users online (111 members and 667 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,550

    NY - Medford, WhtFem 1215UFNY, 20-30, dismembered, tattoo 'Adrian', Dec'94

    The Doe Network

    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1215ufny.html





    Unidentified Female

    Date of Discovery: December 7, 1994
    Location of Discovery: Medford, Suffolk County, New York
    Estimated Date of Death: 1994
    State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
    Cause of Death: Homicide by blunt force trauma
    Physical Description

    ** Listed information is approximate

    Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
    Race: White
    Gender: Female
    Height: 5'0" to 5'1"
    Weight: 135 lbs.
    Hair Color: Reddish-brown, shoulder-length that may have been dyed.
    Eye Color: Brown (right eye)
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo of a red heart with a white banner that reads "Adrian" on her left shoulder. Well-healed injury to her right femur which resulted in a slight angulation of the right femur shaft. Obliquely orientated surgical scar (4" long) on her abdomen - right lower quadrant. Double pierced ear lobes.
    Dentals: Available.
    Fingerprints: Not available.
    DNA: Available.
    Clothing & Personal Items

    Clothing: Torn rim of a black sweater about her neck. Label: JJ COCHRAN, XL, Made in USA.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown
    Case History

    The victim's nude, dismembered body was found along side Long Island Avenue in a blue Rubbermaid garbage can by an employee of the Suffolk County Department of Public Works. She was partially covered with plastic bags with a white towel or bath mat around her head. Both her arms and left leg had been removed and were not recovered. She had blunt force trauma to her head and face.


    She is one of five victims of Robert Shulman. Three of the victims were identified, while another, remains unidentified.
    Shulman admitted to killing the victim in his room with a baseball bat. He then dismembered her with an axe and hacksaw and disposed of her body parts in various places, as well as her belongings. Because he was unable to dispose of her immediately, he sprinkled her with baking soda to mask the decomposition smell.
    Shulman, a 42-year-old postal worker, would pick up prostitutes, get high on crack, have sex, and then bludgeon and dismember his victims. He would then dispose of their body parts in garbage bins throughout Long Island and Yonkers. He was active from 1991 to 1995. He was originally sentenced to death, but his sentence was later changed to life without parole. He died in prison in 2006.
    She is known as Medford Jane Doe.


    Namus

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13134

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,550
    The tattoo of this girl is much characteristic; possible anyone remember her?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Posts
    409
    Bumping for Medford Jane Doe. She is one of two known unidentified victims of Robert Shulman. The other is Yonkers Jane Doe who I am working on trying to get into NamUs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Posts
    409
    Bumping for Medford Jane
    Yonkers Jane, who was also a Shulman victim, was finally entered into NamUs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    I wonder if there is more info as to where this woman was picked up from?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Posts
    409
    Most likely she was picked up in Hollis or Jamaica, Queens, which is where Shulman picked up his other victims.


    Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    I wonder if there is more info as to where this woman was picked up from?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    oh ok thank you jessr97.. I remember reading about this guy he was around the time of Rifikin I believe.. I did not know about this woman that was unidentified though.

    I had found this woman there is not much info but I thought I would post her here because you never know.. her hair says brown.. but it could have an auburn tint to it and some people would just say brown.
    JAKelsey1[1].jpgJAKelsey[1].jpg
    Jane Alice Kelsey
    Missing since August 22, 1994 from Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing



    Vital Statistics
    Date of Birth: March 28, 1967
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3-5'5"; 120-126 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue/hazel eyes.
    Clothing: She was wearing a white, hooded sweatshirt, black jeans and black, high top sneakers.
    Dentals: Available in NCIC

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2449dfny.html


    Quote Originally Posted by jessr927 View Post
    Most likely she was picked up in Hollis or Jamaica, Queens, which is where Shulman picked up his other victims.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    I came across this with a little more information
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ny-court-...s/1479155.html

    At about 8:05 a.m. on December 7, 1994, an employee of the Suffolk County Department of Public Works, while traveling on Long Island Avenue from the Department's garage in Yaphank to a job site in the Town of Medford, noticed what appeared to be a brand-new blue Rubbermaid garbage can lying on its side amidst other debris at the road's edge.   Stopping his pickup truck to observe the garbage can more closely, he thought to himself that “ somebody had dumped a bad load of meat.”   Upon arriving at the job site, he told his supervisor about this discovery, and suggested that department personnel clean up the area and retrieve the garbage can for use to store their tools.   On his way back from the job site to the garage later that morning, the supervisor pulled over to inspect the garbage can.   He discovered a woman's remains.
    The victim's nude body was partially covered with plastic bags, and a white towel or bath mat was wrapped around her head.   A white powdery substance, later determined to be baking soda, was visible on her remains.   The victim's left leg was severed midway between the knee and groin area;  both arms had been amputated;  she had sustained serious blunt force trauma to the face, head, eye, nose and mouth.   The victim's left arm displayed a tattoo consisting of a red heart and a banner with the name “Adrian.”   Despite extensive efforts by the police to find out who this woman was in life, to this day she remains identified only as “Jane Doe Medford.”


    Detective White testified at the suppression hearing about what the police had discovered over the course of a painstaking four-month investigation:  that Kelly Sue Bunting was last seen alive in defendant's company;  that Kelly Sue Bunting and Jane Doe Medford were both killed by being severely beaten about the face and head and were disposed of as trash, minus hands or limbs, suggesting a common killer;  that the trace evidence associated with the bodies of Kelly Sue Bunting and Jane Doe Medford (worn and debris-laden light blue carpet fibers, orange carpet fibers, cat hairs, jute and foam padding) was also present in the security booth where defendant worked;  that defendant did not work as scheduled on December 7, 1994, the day Jane Doe Medford's body was discovered, or December 8, 1995, the day Kelly Sue Bunting was last seen alive;  that defendant was known to entertain prostitutes, including Kelly Sue Bunting, in his room, a relatively secluded spot entered through a screened-in porch where another prostitute had seen a work bench or table with tools, including a hacksaw and a hammer;  and that several prostitutes reported that defendant always had baking soda on hand in his room, and that the bodies of Kelly Sue Bunting and Jane Doe Medford were sprinkled with a white powdery substance.2  These multiple points of correspondence between defendant and the killings of Kelly Sue Bunting and Jane Doe Medford were evidence that it was more probable than not that defendant was the perpetrator.   Accordingly, the police had a sufficient basis to arrest defendant.
    Last edited by madamx; 08-14-2017 at 11:50 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    I am posting this girl up here also just in case.. I noticed she had a scar on her abdomen and a lot can happen in 10 years.. who knows... But this is very frustrating that this poor jane doe has not been identified.. and pretty much forgotten about .. she does not even have a reconstruction... sigh

    LMerritt[1].jpg http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2447dfny.html

    Launa Renee Merritt
    Missing since February 23, 1983 from Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing



    Vital Statistics
    Date of Birth: October 10, 1966
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11"; 130-145 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Marks/Scars: Surgical scar on abdomen
    Clothing: Usually wears jeans and T-shirt. Brown rabbit fur coat, and brown boots.
    AKA: Tina, Colleen, and Lisa
    Dentals: Available in NCIC
    Fingerprints: Available




    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Launa Merritt telephoned her grandmother, early in the morning of February 23, 1983, and told her she was with friends and would be home a little later. Launa said she called from a pay phone at James and Townsend streets.
    Merritt often ran away, and she had been arrested and charged with prostitution several months before she disappeared. The day after her disappearance, she was due in court on the soliciting arrest.
    Earlier, she had told her grandmother if she didn't hear from her in a month's time, to tell police about one of the men she had been hanging out with.
    Merritt used to go to East Syracuse Minoa schools, when she lived with her mother in Fremont. She dropped out of school and went to live with her grandmother. After a while she started to "hang out" downtown. Her grandmother did not believe she was involved with drugs or drinking. She is described as very trusting.
    As far as her family know, the only thing she had with her when she disappeared was a grocery bag of clothes. Her makeup and toothbrush were left at home. She also had no money with her

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    I am posting this girl up here also just in case.. I noticed she had a scar on her abdomen and a lot can happen in 10 years.. who knows... But this is very frustrating that this poor jane doe has not been identified.. and pretty much forgotten about .. she does not even have a reconstruction... sigh

    LMerritt[1].jpg http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2447dfny.html

    Launa Renee Merritt
    Missing since February 23, 1983 from Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing



    Vital Statistics
    Date of Birth: October 10, 1966
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11"; 130-145 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Marks/Scars: Surgical scar on abdomen
    Clothing: Usually wears jeans and T-shirt. Brown rabbit fur coat, and brown boots.
    AKA: Tina, Colleen, and Lisa
    Dentals: Available in NCIC
    Fingerprints: Available




    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Launa Merritt telephoned her grandmother, early in the morning of February 23, 1983, and told her she was with friends and would be home a little later. Launa said she called from a pay phone at James and Townsend streets.
    Merritt often ran away, and she had been arrested and charged with prostitution several months before she disappeared. The day after her disappearance, she was due in court on the soliciting arrest.
    Earlier, she had told her grandmother if she didn't hear from her in a month's time, to tell police about one of the men she had been hanging out with.
    Merritt used to go to East Syracuse Minoa schools, when she lived with her mother in Fremont. She dropped out of school and went to live with her grandmother. After a while she started to "hang out" downtown. Her grandmother did not believe she was involved with drugs or drinking. She is described as very trusting.
    As far as her family know, the only thing she had with her when she disappeared was a grocery bag of clothes. Her makeup and toothbrush were left at home. She also had no money with her
    Launa has DNA in Namus, as done Jane Doe, so they would have been picked up as a match already




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 252
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 03:52 PM
  2. Replies: 439
    Last Post: 10-27-2017, 12:09 AM
  3. CA CA - Sacramento, WhtFem 142UFCA, 18-31, off I-5, red flower tattoo, Oct'81
    By PonderingThings in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 07:06 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-14-2016, 06:38 PM

Tags for this Thread