1259 users online (222 members and 1037 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Man Posing As Utility Worker Attacks Woman, Toddler, 2005

Hurst police are looking for a sexual assault suspect who officers said posed as a utility worker.

Police said the man showed up at the woman’s Hurst home in the 700 block of Oakwood at about 9 a.m. Friday. The man, who had identification and a uniform that made him appear to be a TXU employee, said he needed to repair cables, then forced his way in and sexually assaulted the 53-year-old woman and the 2½-year-old girl she was baby-sitting, officials said.

The suspect did have two of the three criteria typically needed for a utility company employee – an ID and a uniform. He did not have a utility truck.

TXU said safety is very important and to call the utility company or police if someone knocks on your door and you were not expecting them. They also want to remind people that utility workers rarely need to go inside anyone’s home for repairs.
    http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5043986/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Sick SOB. You have to be very careful with people in uniform coming to the door - ask for their employee # and the phone # to their company and call and check.

It is very scary that this guy had the correct uniform

I NEVER answer my door when I am home alone. I usually look out the window first to see if I recognize a car that is outside my house. If I don't see a UPS truck or a car I recognize, I don't answer it.
    Last edited by MrsMush99; 10-01-2005 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Sick SOB.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    I NEVER answer my door when I am home alone. I usually look out the window first to see if I recognize a car that is outside my house. If I don't see a UPS truck or a car I recognize, I don't answer it.
    Me either.

Not answering the door when it's someone you do not recognize is a good idea, but on the other hand, sometimes a person will ring a doorbell to see if anyone is home, with intentions to break in if no one is home. We have had a few of the latter in my area. Darned if you do, darned if you don't, I guess.

I never answer my door when someone I don't know is on the other side. They can yell and scream but I won't answer. I just call 911 and report them.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I never answer my door when someone I don't know is on the other side. They can yell and scream but I won't answer. I just call 911 and report them.
    I have a front window I go to and say NO THANKS really loud. What is funny is our Bulldog jumps up barking. More than 1 door to door salesmen has made a run for it after seeing Georgia in the window. Whats funny is that she is sooo sweet and would not harm them - but I dont tell 'em that!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Hurst police are looking for a sexual assault suspect who officers said posed as a utility worker.

Police said the man showed up at the woman’s Hurst home in the 700 block of Oakwood at about 9 a.m. Friday. The man, who had identification and a uniform that made him appear to be a TXU employee, said he needed to repair cables, then forced his way in and sexually assaulted the 53-year-old woman and the 2½-year-old girl she was baby-sitting, officials said.

The suspect did have two of the three criteria typically needed for a utility company employee – an ID and a uniform. He did not have a utility truck.

TXU said safety is very important and to call the utility company or police if someone knocks on your door and you were not expecting them. They also want to remind people that utility workers rarely need to go inside anyone’s home for repairs.
    http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5043986/detail.html
    SICKO!
    Thx for the link - it reminds us to be very careful with who is at the door.

LOL, I did post this one as a public service announcement.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Sick SOB. You have to be very careful with people in uniform coming to the door - ask for their employee # and the phone # to their company and call and check.

They used to allow people to sell stuff like that on Ebay but I think they laid the law down about it not long ago. I hope so anyway. He probably bought the uniform at a thrift shop. Wonder about the employee #. I guess if a person can get a whole new ID they could get a employee #. Pretty creepy.

Or he could be a utility worker. Doing his own brand of free lance work.