1083 users online (266 members and 817 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MT - Joshua Haight, 21, Lewistown, 13 July 2007

Joe Mammana offered the money as police continue investigating the disappearance of Joshua Haight, 21. Haight was last seen when a person dropped him off in downtown Lewistown on July 13, said Capt. Dave Sanders of the Lewistown Police Department. Mammana, who has provided reward money in the Natalee Holloway investigation in Aruba, told the Lewistown News-Argus a local clergyman requested his help.

Foul play has not been ruled out in the Haight case and "we have a person of interest," Sanders said Wednesday. He said it would have been uncharacteristic for Haight to simply leave without telling others of his plans. Haight, a Montana Tech engineering student, left his wallet and other belongings at home.
    http://www.montanaforum.com/modules....ticle&sid=3743
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I hope he doesn't end up in the river. What is going on that all of these college boys are going missing????
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBathHotPants
    I hope he doesn't end up in the river. What is going on that all of these college boys are going missing????

There's been a lot of speculation about this. It just seems there are too many of them during the past several years to ignore the fact that it's possible there is a serial killer at large, who preys on young college age boys. They're in different states and jurisdictions, the mo's are not always exactly the same, but yet they are similar enough that it makes you wonder.

Awhile ago, a few of the fathers got together to try to piece their son's deaths together but they didn't think they fit. But, IMO, it would behoove the various LE agencies to at least get together and talk about all of their cases. I'm talking about back to 1996 or so.

I know college guys go out and drink and have a good time, etc, but these are just too many, too similar circumstances, etc., to ignore. We've seen this too many times in recent months, whereby a perp has been going on for years and years, getting away with murder. And, or, where the perp is arrested and tried say in California, only to be linked to a crime say in Florida from several years prior.

There are men out there with not only a vengence to kill children, or women, but also to go after young men too. There's too many, too many, too many to ignore this, IMO.

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran
    There's been a lot of speculation about this. It just seems there are too many of them during the past several years to ignore the fact that it's possible there is a serial killer at large, who preys on young college age boys. They're in different states and jurisdictions, the mo's are not always exactly the same, but yet they are similar enough that it makes you wonder.

Awhile ago, a few of the fathers got together to try to piece their son's deaths together but they didn't think they fit. But, IMO, it would behoove the various LE agencies to at least get together and talk about all of their cases. I'm talking about back to 1996 or so.

I know college guys go out and drink and have a good time, etc, but these are just too many, too similar circumstances, etc., to ignore. We've seen this too many times in recent months, whereby a perp has been going on for years and years, getting away with murder. And, or, where the perp is arrested and tried say in California, only to be linked to a crime say in Florida from several years prior.

There are men out there with not only a vengence to kill children, or women, but also to go after young men too. There's too many, too many, too many to ignore this, IMO.

JMHO
    fran
    This is so true fran. I remember in the beginning of the Ted Bundy killings they didn't connect the victims to the same perp. One reason was because one of the earliest girls to go missing was from Oregon and not Washington. Then they found her skull with three of the mising girls from Washington and knew she was connnected to him. As we know now, he went on to kill girls in many states and used different m.o. when he needed to.

All we have to do is look at John Wayne Gacy or Dahmer to realize young men are not safe either. You made many good points in your post.

I read an article a good while ago. I don't remember where I saw it. But from what I can remember it was talking about several college boys from different cities. They disappeared after going out to a bar. Those that were found were found in a river. It seems that in most of the cases there was a big game or other large event at the college on the same weekend as most of the disappearances. The article did not draw any conclusions, but I think that that is meaningful.
    This could be the work of a serial killer, but it is probably 2 or more serial killers. I think the country wide task force would be a great idea. Or getting the FBI to investigate all of the murders- so that one agency would have oversight over all of them. Maybe in that way they could start linking them together.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

During the past several months, I know I've read of at least a dozen men who were arrested or convicted in one state only to be connected to a crime or crimes in other states. This keeps happening over and over and over. Frankly, there's so many of them I can't even remember their names, ehh...except most notably, J E Duncan accused of the Groene murders and kidnapping and then linked to a 10 year old California kidnap and murder case (close to where I live) and now perhaps in Washington state (two more) etc....

It's quite possible there is one person who has it in for 'college' guys. Perhaps at one time he was spurned by a girl because he didn't attend college and she felt she needed someone who was more on an intellectual level as herself. Or perhaps he couldn't afford to go to college and he's just plain jealous. Or any number of sick reasons these guys could come up with in their demented mind.

The FBI says, at any one time, there's at least 300 serial killers at large in the U.S. What if they're wrong? What if there's only 50? We've seen how mobile these guys are. We've seen how often times they change their MO just enough to make it look a little different, how they change jurisdictions.

IMO, they really need to look into forming a National Cold Case Squad. Compile all of the 'cold case' unsolved murders and missings and really, really, really, look at them as a whole. I am sure they could find any number of retired former LE detectives etc., who would like nothing better than being able to solve some of these cases, link them, and find the perp and get him off the street!

JMHO
    fran

I know that women are not usually serial killers but the lack of physical brutality on the bodies that have been found make me wonder if it isn't a woman who somehow get these men drunk and drowns them. Wouldn't be too hard if she kept them drinking and drinking them lured them to the water in hopes of having sex. JMO of course but makes me wonder.... Or I may watch too much Law and Order LOL
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

"Also uncovered by Chuck Loesch was a self-proclaimed serial killer who was living in Minneapolis around the time of the disappearances. Police have never questioned the man who, in September 2002, dialed 9-1-1 and demanded police send the FBI to his home to profile him or he'd go on a killing spree.

The man told authorities he fantasizes about abducting straight young men, suffocating them with Saran Wrap and then killing them, and that he identifies with Jeffrey Dahmer.

Police have never identified the man but revealed,
    "His fantasy was to go across the country picking up males between the ages of 16 and 30 and befriending them. He stated that he would then kill them by suffocating them, drowning or burning them."

I found this on a site that is dedicated to Drowning in
    Coincidence
    -
    MidWest Missing Student Mystery

Why does LE get info and NOT CHECK IT OUT???? I mean come on, even a child would say that there is something weird about this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBathHotPants
    "Also uncovered by Chuck Loesch was a self-proclaimed serial killer who was living in Minneapolis around the time of the disappearances. Police have never questioned the man who, in September 2002, dialed 9-1-1 and demanded police send the FBI to his home to profile him or he'd go on a killing spree.

The man told authorities he fantasizes about abducting straight young men, suffocating them with Saran Wrap and then killing them, and that he identifies with Jeffrey Dahmer.

Police have never identified the man but revealed,
    "His fantasy was to go across the country picking up males between the ages of 16 and 30 and befriending them. He stated that he would then kill them by suffocating them, drowning or burning them."

I found this on a site that is dedicated to Drowning in
    Coincidence
    -
    MidWest Missing Student Mystery

Why does LE get info and NOT CHECK IT OUT???? I mean come on, even a child would say that there is something weird about this.
    Do you have a link to this site? I would love to read that.

A friend I work with was in Lewistown for the county fair shortly after Josh went missing. According to the people he was with, they think that Josh's dissappearance may have something to do with a drugs or a drug deal gone wrong. Lewistown is a very small town surrounded by miles and miles of agricultural fileds and pastures. Almost like prairie. My guess is he's out in someone's hay field and will be found this fall my bird hunters. Sad that there doesn't seem to be a place left on this earth that evil doesn't touch.

Josh's poster has been removed from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's page as of today.

I run a MySpace page for missing kids in the northwest, and someone from the Lewistown, MT area messaged me and said that they recovered his remains near the Missouri River. I can't find a link to verify that at this point...so I was wondering if anyone can? Is anyone local?

Idaho, I found no updates about him being found.

he's still listed at the Doe NAMP site.

Here he is:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/haight_joshua.html

i personally think that people should focus on possible drug deals gone bad. no one wants to think of college kids being drug-users, but it is completely common these days, unfortunately. i would bet that 1/2 of high school & college kids smoke pot every single day... if not then at least 1/3 do, for sure. and i am NOT saying that's what happened to this guy.... but who knows? and i wonder if this is why so many college kids go missing.. they go to the wrong part of town for a drug deal, or someone owes someone money... and when you think about how many times they go to buy the drugs, eventually something bad is bound to happen. even if that has nothing to do with this young man, it's time for people to open their eyes about the issue. this scenario is probably far more likely than a serial killer tagreting college kids (unless they're women, of course- who are always a target).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast