1005 users online (134 members and 871 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1100
  1. #31
    SaucyGal's Avatar
    SaucyGal is offline I speak 3 languages - English, sarcasm, & profanity
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    305
    I am glad the condo is being discussed. It has been an awkward piece of the puzzle for me. I don't know why, but there is something about the fact MS has that condo that really sticks out to me. Of course, MS and CWW's connection is a complete enigma to me as well. I have not had the time to delve into the start of their friendship or how it came to be, but I recall someone (KateB?) pointing out they began their friendship in their teens. I am struggling just to keep up with the most current events. I don't know that I'll ever get caught up on all the history!

    MS' sexual exploits have been discussed in terms of "swinging" and such. Has it been established whether MS and CWW may have had a relationship beyond a platonic level? I wonder (not too deeply though) about the possibility of the ménage à trois the night of CWW's wedding.....In my opinion, the rage and intimacy involved in TS' death seems to lend itself to more than just money.

    There are just so many facets to this case!
    Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.~Lord Byron

  2. #32
    SaucyGal's Avatar
    SaucyGal is offline I speak 3 languages - English, sarcasm, & profanity
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    Definitely a poor choice of words, but I interpreted LS's comment as TS was like magnet, made a big impression on whoever she met and that people were captivated by her message. Maybe I'm biased after watching TS's videos. TS was tiny but had a 'big' presence, a spark so bright that I could see her being the center of attention in any room. TS's brutal murder received national attention, and kept our attention. So to me, that comment is a poorly worded way of saying TS was one of those rare people who are so brilliant, charismatic, so 'big' that you couldn't help but notice, listen and her death, sadly, is what has brought us all here.


    It also reminds me of something TS' own mother mentioned during her interview. I don't recall the exact wording...It was in essence that TS wanted to spread her healing/teaching nationally or even worldwide. Her mother noted that she would be known now, but she didn't want it to be like this...I am horrible at remembering things, but it was in that ballpark. I take it as TS was a larger than life figure. Tragically before TS' wonderful message could be shared in HER way, she became known for the wrong, yet, very noticeable reasons.
    Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.~Lord Byron

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,773
    The MSM has written quite clearly that MS is a co conspirator and involved in the planning of the murder of TS. Reference to the info within the documents is noted. Since MS has not been arrested, would the MSM that has written these stories be subject to libel lawsuits? If he is never arrested?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    The MSM has written quite clearly that MS is a co conspirator and involved in the planning of the murder of TS. Reference to the info within the documents is noted. Since MS has not been arrested, would the MSM that has written these stories be subject to libel lawsuits? If he is never arrested?
    No, MSM is safe. For liability to attach, MSM would have to; 1. act with malice (ex. knowing the information was false before publishing), or 2. act negligently (ex. failing to check sources).

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    The MSM has written quite clearly that MS is a co conspirator and involved in the planning of the murder of TS. Reference to the info within the documents is noted. Since MS has not been arrested, would the MSM that has written these stories be subject to libel lawsuits? If he is never arrested?
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    No, MSM is safe. For liability to attach, MSM would have to; 1. act with malice (ex. knowing the information was false before publishing), or 2. act negligently (ex. failing to check sources).
    In some cases it's a shame that MSM can publish things about people who are later found to be innocent.

    At the same time I'm glad that the United States has the First Amendment that allows for the freedom of speech that protects us all.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    None of the interviews would be admissible as evidence at trial (although people could be confronted with inconsistencies from their prior statements of course). If an interview transcript was released, all it means is that it exists. Others probably have not yet been transcribed. And the only conclusion you can likely draw from that is that someone either in LE or in the prosecutor's office wanted to have the testimony handy in writing for some reason rather than having to go back to the video.

    Come to think of it, though, I believe you can use LE interview transcripts before a grand jury....
    I always love how you remind us of our rights. Interviews of witness's by LE are not evidence. The 6th Amendent say's that.

    The Confrontation Clause of the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "in all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right…to be confronted with the witnesses against him." Generally, the right is to have a face-to-face confrontation with witnesses who are offering testimonial evidence against the accused in the form of cross-examination during a trial.
    The State can't use the interviews against the defendants because the defense can't cross examine a video or transcript of an interview.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confrontation_Clause

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I always love how you remind us of our rights. Interviews of witness's by LE are not evidence. The 6th Amendent say's that.



    The State can't use the interviews against the defendants because the defense can't cross examine a video or transcript of an interview.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confrontation_Clause
    The defense can cross examine a witness about his/her previous sworn statements given in an interview.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    The defense can cross examine a witness about his/her previous sworn statements given in an interview.
    I know that. The State can do the same. AZ mentioned that in her post.

    Interviews by themselves are not evidence because the accused can't cross examine. I think there are exceptions when the witness has died before trial but that has to go thru motions and such.

    JMO

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I know that. The State can do the same. AZ mentioned that in her post.

    Interviews by themselves are not evidence because the accused can't cross examine. I think there are exceptions when the witness has died before trial but that has to go thru motions and such.

    JMO
    Ok, well you included transcripts as something that can't be used against the defendant. When the state/defense examine a witness, transcripts of the interview can be introduced.

    If the witness is unavailable (death is one way) transcripts can be admitted as an exception to the hearsay rule. Other exceptions include: when the declarant is exempted from testifying about the subject matter of the declarant’s statement because the court rules that a privilege applies. IIRC AZ brilliantly pointed out that AW had waived her spousal privilege on the issues, those interview transcripts will be useful. Especially if AW falls into another category of 'unavailability' and testifies to not remembering the subject matter or claims to be suffering from mental illness.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    Ok, well you included transcripts as something that can't be used against the defendant. When the state/defense examine a witness, transcripts of the interview can be introduced.

    If the witness is unavailable (death is one way) transcripts can be admitted as an exception to the hearsay rule. Other exceptions include: when the declarant is exempted from testifying about the subject matter of the declarant’s statement because the court rules that a privilege applies. IIRC AZ brilliantly pointed out that AW had waived her spousal privilege on the issues, those interview transcripts will be useful. Especially if AW falls into another category of 'unavailability' and testifies to not remembering the subject matter or claims to be suffering from mental illness.
    I think we are on the same page.

    I'm sorry that you felt that I was trying to say you are wrong in your postings.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I think we are on the same page.

    I'm sorry that you felt that I was trying to say you are wrong in your postings.
    No need for apologies, no offense taken. Your post got me to think about the other 'unavailable' witness scenarios that could happen where interviews may prove to be useful.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,041
    Looks like we will have a week of waiting.....
    Waiting for JRR to arrive in Fl.
    Waiting for the next doc dump.
    and a personal hope....
    Waiting for further arrest(s).


    I am not good at waiting.

  13. #43
    mikeinmo is offline Verified Insider - Dr. Teresa Sievers Case
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Mo transplant from NJ
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    MS was initially licensed as a Practical Nurse in Missouri, correct? Anybody know what the basic educational requirements are for a PA in that state?

    I am familiar with Community College Associates Degree to RN in Pennsylvania. A lot of what you need and how much time it takes to achieve the RN depends on what course of study you followed in Community College. In the early 90's pre-reqs for a basic RN hospital-based "School of Nursing" included college level Anatomy I & II, Physiology I & II, Pathology, Pharmacology, Human Growth & Development, Psychology, English, Public Speaking, Math, Chemistry, and Nutrition. And perhaps others I've forgotten. These all had to be completed prior to entering "Nursing School".

    So, depending on what one had already studied, some classes would fit in, others would not.

    I'm pretty sure LPN school does not take as long and does not include as many college level classes. I always had the greatest of respect for an experienced LPN. But I did notice that they often did not seem to have an in-depth knowledge of certain areas, especially Physiology and Pharmacology.
    PAS CLASS OF 2016 PROFILE:
    The typical entering student in the Missouri State University PA Program in 2016 , earned a BS degree, has an overall grade point average of 3.63, a Science GPA of 3.60, and 5932 hours (range of 520-28.704 hours) of paid, direct patient healthcare experience prior to admission, and GRE scores (combined) 303 for the verbal and quantitative sections, respectively. No averaged data are available for the MCAT (MCAT has been accepted in lieu of the GRE) since 2012.

    http://www.nursinglicensure.org/stat...-missouri.html

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    MS was initially licensed as a Practical Nurse in Missouri, correct? Anybody know what the basic educational requirements are for a PA in that state?

    I am familiar with Community College Associates Degree to RN in Pennsylvania. A lot of what you need and how much time it takes to achieve the RN depends on what course of study you followed in Community College. In the early 90's pre-reqs for a basic RN hospital-based "School of Nursing" included college level Anatomy I & II, Physiology I & II, Pathology, Pharmacology, Human Growth & Development, Psychology, English, Public Speaking, Math, Chemistry, and Nutrition. And perhaps others I've forgotten. These all had to be completed prior to entering "Nursing School".

    So, depending on what one had already studied, some classes would fit in, others would not.

    I'm pretty sure LPN school does not take as long and does not include as many college level classes. I always had the greatest of respect for an experienced LPN. But I did notice that they often did not seem to have an in-depth knowledge of certain areas, especially Physiology and Pharmacology.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmo View Post
    PAS CLASS OF 2016 PROFILE:
    The typical entering student in the Missouri State University PA Program in 2016 , earned a BS degree, has an overall grade point average of 3.63, a Science GPA of 3.60, and 5932 hours (range of 520-28.704 hours) of paid, direct patient healthcare experience prior to admission, and GRE scores (combined) 303 for the verbal and quantitative sections, respectively. No averaged data are available for the MCAT (MCAT has been accepted in lieu of the GRE) since 2012.

    http://www.nursinglicensure.org/stat...-missouri.html
    Sorry, I am a bit confused. Are you talking about an LPN or a Physician's Assistant? Big difference in educational requirements and job description.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida - Lehigh Acres
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    The MSM has written quite clearly that MS is a co conspirator and involved in the planning of the murder of TS. Reference to the info within the documents is noted. Since MS has not been arrested, would the MSM that has written these stories be subject to libel lawsuits? If he is never arrested?
    The MSM is reporting what has been said by SMS as well as what is included in investigations.

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Sievers Sidebar #4
    By beach in forum Dr. Teresa Sievers
    Replies: 1113
    Last Post: 06-17-2017, 12:52 PM
  2. Sievers Sidebar #2
    By KateB in forum Dr. Teresa Sievers
    Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 03:15 PM
  3. Sievers Sidebar #1
    By beach in forum Dr. Teresa Sievers
    Replies: 1033
    Last Post: 01-23-2016, 10:06 AM

Tags for this Thread