KY KY - Anna Manning, 23, Junction City, 19 Nov 1992

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Anna Manning was last seen by her aunt in November of 1992. Anna was supposed to drop by later that evening but never did. She was reported missing in March of 1994 but the investigation didn't uncover any evidence on what could have happened. A new detective is taking another look and is now asking the public for any tips. At the time of her disappearance, she was separated from her husband and her daughter was two years old.

Deputy seeking public's help with missing-person cold case

He said it was Nov. 19, 1992, when Anna Lee Manning of Junction City last spoke to her aunt, Elsie Williams, on North Third Street in front of Chin’s Jewelry.

“She hollered and said she had something to talk to me about. But I’ve never seen her again,” Williams said in an article in The Advocate-Messenger on March 1, 1994.

Dean said Manning was with a white male who was never identified. She was supposed to visit her aunt later that day, but never made it.

Manning was described as having red hair, being about 5 ft. 10 inches tall and weighing 108 pounds. She would now be 47 years old. She had blue eyes and a scar on her right pinkie.

NamUs

In her profile under circumstances, it says "missing person disability, suicidal". The article doesn't elaborate on this and the detective is leaning towards foul play.

anna manning.jpganna manning 2.jpg

Boyle Co. Sheriff's Deputy investigating 24-year-old cold case

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Boyle-Co-Sheriffs-Deputy-investigating-24-year-old-cold-case-369534011.html

At the time of her disappearance, investigators say Anna was married to Anthony Manning. While he’s never faced charges for her disappearance, Dean says he has not been ruled as a suspect.

"We do have some leads. We don't just have nothing. We have some. They are pointing us in the same direction. That's all I can say and that foul play is suspected," said Dean.

Charley Project

manning_anna2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: November 19, 1992 from Danville, Kentucky
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Height and Weight: 5'0, 108 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Anna has a round red spot on the back of her head and a scar on her right pinky finger.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A shirt or blouse, blue jeans and sneakers.
• Medical Conditions: Manning may have been suicidal at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Anna was last seen in Danville, Kentucky on November 19, 1992. She called out to her aunt on north Third Street in front of Chin's Jewelry and said she wanted to talk to her about something. She was accompanied by an unidentified Caucasian male at the time. Anna was supposed to visit her aunt later that day, but she never arrived and has never been heard from again. She left behind a two-year-old daughter. Her family didn't report her missing until February 25, 1994, well over a year after the last time her family saw her.

Anna married to Anthony B. Manning in 1985, at the age of sixteen. Following her marriage she and her husband distanced themselves from Anna's family, to the extent that her aunt, who had raised her since she was thirteen, didn't know where she lived. By 1992 the couple had separated. In April of that year, Anthony was charged with kidnapping after he allegedly went to her apartment in Junction City, Kentucky with their daughter, handcuffed Anna and lead her out the back door after she refused to have sexual intercourse with him. Anna was able to escape when Anthony went to take her purse and the child to the car. Anthony pleaded guilty to false imprisonment and was sentenced to 182 days in jail.

Because of the lack of time that has passed without contact, authorities believe Anna was a victim of foul play. Her case remains unsolved.

Wow, that husband sounds lovely, what a choir boy...I think it's pretty obvious he or someone he knew harmed Anna. He sounds very abusive.

Wow, that husband sounds lovely, what a choir boy...I think it's pretty obvious he or someone he knew harmed Anna. He sounds very abusive.

It couldn't have been the ex husband, because he was sentenced to 182 years in prison after kidnapping her.

But the current search at his father's house implies that LE believes his family is involved in her disappearance.

Sorry, I didn't see that 182 years error in the profile. I asked a mod to change it.

The detective in charge reopened the case a few months. Glad to see significant process has already been made.

I think that the print was an error. I believe he was sentenced to 182 days in jail, not years. JMHO

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/manning_anna.html

Thank you! :doh:

I thought it was a very unusual sentence - but I often find sentences given not in line with the severity of the crime, so I assumed some other crime(s) was committed as well (that wasn't mentioned), leading to several consecutive sentences.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews...cle_26fef2f6-3e2a-11e6-a045-df9db5a2073a.html

It’s been three months since investigators followed what they hoped was a lead in the cold case of Anna Lee Manning’s disappearance. They searched and dug in the ground at a Lincoln County property, but little came of it...

A cache of weapons was found — about 24 guns, including shotguns, rifles and handguns. But the property, located on Spring Valley Drive and once part of Boyle County, yielded little information to investigators. At the time, Boyle County Sheriff Marty Elliot said “evidence” was uncovered, but was taken by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to be examined.

That evidence was revealed to be a bone from an animal.

Boyle deputy not giving up on missing person cold case

http://www.amnews.com/2017/01/03/boyle-deputy-not-giving-up-on-missing-person-cold-case/

Officials continue to find no viable leads in the case of Anna Lee Manning, a Boyle County woman who has been missing about 24 years.

But deputies aren’t giving up.

“All it takes is one person to break the silence,” said Boyle County Sheriff’s Deputy Philip Dean, the lead deputy on the case.

“We’re not going away. We’re not going to stop. I hope someday, someone will do the right thing,” he said. “It’s not right, someone disappeared that long ago and we have no answers.”

Besides not knowing Manning’s fate, Dean said investigators are also seeking any information on the unidentified man that was with her, but nothing has come out yet.

Dean said he wastes no time in investigating when information comes in on the case, following up on them “immediately.” It’s the right thing to do to get the case solved, he said.

Dean is convinced there are people in the community who know what happened.

“There are some people that know what happened and are not talking for whatever reason … They don’t want to get involved. It’s a cold case from 1992 — you’ve got to have community help on that,” he said. “We’re pleading to the public to help, for closure for the family. If you’re not talking then it’s not going to get solved.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back