1135 users online (212 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Hmm... book signing... Scottsdale, AR... Saturday... April 9th... I'm tempted. Very, very tempted.

Would he sign a book sent to the A.G.'s office through the mail if pre-paid, return postage was provided? That way I wouldn't have to buy or borrow two or more gas cans to make the round trip without stopping for petrol.

Also... while I understand Mr. Juan's interpretation or explanation of evidence he himself considers too prejudicial against a defendant (in other words, him keeping some things out of the trial so the jury stays focused on the important issues that really matter to his case), what I want to know is what evidence (if any) was deemed to too prejudicial against Arias by the judge (to ensure the trial is a "fair fight"). That's the kind of "too prejudicial" evidence that was excluded that I want to know about. The judge kind. Not the Juan kind. But I do appreciate his answer. Hmm... maybe I will go to Scottsdale for a meet and greet and ask him in person.

Thanks again, Hope. "Hope" you have a most wunnerful weekend.
    @JodiAnnArias: They took my case and they took my cash, now I'm in Perryville with a terrible rash. #JodiArias

Hope4More, your transcribing of the interview is greatly appreciated! I wasn't able to listen to the interview yet, so it is nice to see it here. Thanks you immensely!!
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Could someone please give the name of the place for Juan Martinez's book signing? Hope4More, thank you for all you do, as always "Great Job"

Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    Could someone please give the name of the place for Juan Martinez's book signing? Hope4More, thank you for all you do, as always "Great Job"
    Found it:

http://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/9780061768397-0

Barnes & Nobles
    Scottsdale Fiesta Shopping Center
    10500 N. 90th St.
    Scottsdale, AZ

April 9, 2016 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thank you so much Hope for transcribing this for us! Happy Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by neenee15 View Post
    When Jodi filled up gas cans in Salt Lake City, I always wondered if she went back thru Arizona to check up on Travis undetected again.
    I would imagine after that many days of not hearing anything about his death that would have freaked her out.....

Question for mr Martinez:
    Do you think she went back to check on the crime scene after she left Salt Lake City and before returning the rental car?
    neenee15--That is an excellent question. I had wondered why she filled all three gas cans up while she was in Utah. Perhaps she DID go back to Mesa. That makes a lot more sense to me now because it just didn't make sense to fill all three cans up otherwise. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    It's archived now.

Here is the direct link.
    Thank you So much.

Originally Posted by neenee15
    When Jodi filled up gas cans in Salt Lake City, I always wondered if she went back thru Arizona to check up on Travis undetected again.
    I would imagine after that many days of not hearing anything about his death that would have freaked her out.....

Question for mr Martinez:
    Do you think she went back to check on the crime scene after she left Salt Lake City and before returning the rental car?

================================================== =============================

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchime View Post
    neenee15--That is an excellent question. I had wondered why she filled all three gas cans up while she was in Utah. Perhaps she DID go back to Mesa. That makes a lot more sense to me now because it just didn't make sense to fill all three cans up otherwise. Thanks!!!
    Arias driving back to Yreka by way of a return trip back to Mesa and up the entire state of Cali is an interesting thought. We all know she filled those three gas cans at Tesoro at 4 am (as well as her car) so she probably could have backtracked without stopping for gas in Arizona. Again.

The odometer reading on her car is about 250 miles more than the route she most likely took (which I accounted for by her driving around the various cities she visited as well as perhaps driving off the beaten path to burn and/or bury stuff in the desert). I bet driving from SLC back to Mesa and up to Redding would be way more miles than the odometer on her white, non-descript rental showed.

I could do a new route map just to check the new mileage total, but the other thing is she has a receipt from Winnemucca approx 12 hours after Tesoro which might make her return trip to Mesa a moo point.
    Last edited by Wing Ding; 03-28-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    @JodiAnnArias: They took my case and they took my cash, now I'm in Perryville with a terrible rash. #JodiArias

Ok, here's a quick comparison of the two different routes (I did the math so you don't have to ):

1- Redding -> Santa Cruz -> Monterey -> Salinas -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> West Jordan -> Winnemucca -> Redding = 2,572.89 miles

2- Redding -> Santa Cruz -> Monterey -> Salinas -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> West Jordan -> Mesa -> Redding = 3,417.91 miles
    Last edited by Wing Ding; 03-28-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Ding View Post
    Ok, here's a quick comparison of the two different routes (I did the math so you don't have to ):

1- Redding -> Santa Cruz -> Monterey -> Salinas -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> West Jordan -> Winnemucca -> Redding = 2,572.89 miles

2- Redding -> Santa Cruz -> Monterey -> Salinas -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> West Jordan -> Mesa -> Redding = 3,417.91 miles
    The mileage on her white, non-descript rental car with Kool-Aid©®™ stains was 2,834 miles -- 261 miles over the number of miles she would have traveled on Route Map 1 above.

That's an average of 32.5 miles driven in and around each of the eight different cities she visited (including Lodi, CA.), give or take a trash burn/burial or two in the open desert.
    Last edited by Wing Ding; 03-29-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Thank you so much for the above information...I hadn't seen all the mileage on her way back....but for some reason as snoopy and sneaky as she was, I cannot imagine her not wanting to return when he hadn't been found immediately.

I believe she had been there a lot without him knowing it!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8