Possible match Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez, 17, August 1 1987, Angelina County TX

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
Hi all! :)

I noticed on NamUs today there was a listing for Pearl Rodriguez, missing since 1987 from Texas. She is missing from Angelina County--PB was found in Brazoria County. They are just over 3 hours away according to Google Maps.

She is listed as 5'1-5'7--that is a pretty broad range. PB was petite at 4'11-5'3, so the height could work.

The age works, I believe--assuming she died at disappearance, she would be 17 which I believe is in the age range.

Pearl is Hispanic and Princess Blue is thought to be possibly Hispanic.

Perhaps her mother obtained the ring as class of '75 and she wore it.

Let me know what you all think! :)

Side by side of Pearl Rodriguez and Princess Blue:
attachment.php

Attachments

• princessbluevspearlrodriguez.jpg
    princessbluevspearlrodriguez.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 395
OK--I noticed on Doe, it says that PB was originally thought to be Hispanic but is now thought to be African American and White. Pearl is listed as "Hispanic/white" on NamUs, FWIW, and I wonder if she had an African American grandparent.

OK--I noticed on Doe, it says that PB was originally thought to be Hispanic but is now thought to be African American and White. Pearl is listed as "Hispanic/white" on NamUs, FWIW, and I wonder if she had an African American grandparent.

Pearl certainly looks as if she could have AA ancestry.

I couldn't find a lot of details on Pearl's disappearance except that she disappeared from Diboll, 2.5 hours away from Brazoria County.

I think it seems possible Pearl has/had some AA blood too, carbuff. On Doe Network, it says of Princess Blue that "it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black." So it is not inconceivable that she had Hispanic genes too, right? Or not? I know nothing about that kind of thing unfortunately.

It says Pearl's DNA is in, and so is Princess Blue's, but I read to never assume they are in the same place.

Should I contact the people working on Princess' and Pearl's cases? I see Pearl as a pretty good possible.

It says Pearl's DNA is in, and so is Princess Blue's, but I read to never assume they are in the same place.

Should I contact the people working on Princess' and Pearl's cases? I see Pearl as a pretty good possible.

It's been a long time since I read about Princess Blue... did you check the autopsy report to see if anything rules out if she could have had kids or not?

Re: height -- the Namus listing says "Pearl has a petite build ..."

And no, I don't think burn scars would have been visible on the Princess's remains. Not after 6 months or more.

Apparently Pearl had two daughters. They were 2 years and 11 months when Pearl disappeared. Not much in there unfortunately.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/717633178328150/

Thanks, JanetElaine. I joined the group but I won't mention PB to them, of course I do not want to contact the family, but it's good to have for updates or extra information on her. I feel awful for her daughters, it would be a terrible thing to grow up without your mother.

I think Pearl's Charley Project should be updated to reflect that she had two daughters.

Now I want to know, was it confirmed whether Princess Blue had children or not? To the best of my knowledge, it was not confirmed whether Milli Alvarado (FKA "Squeeze Play Jane Doe") had given birth, even though she had a 2-year-old daughter.

Is Classmates free these days? If someone has an account, might want to look at Dunbar Intermediate in Lufkin, TX to see if you can find Pearl.

I agree Pearl's profiles should be updated to reflect that she had two children. If she's not PB, it might be the info needed to make a positive id some day.

The autopsy report for PB doesn't seem to mention it either way. I keep getting distracted by other threads here while trying to find if there was a thread discussing this.

ETA: I was looking for an official msm post mentioning Dunbar Intermediate before I explained why I said that. This is the post on KLNM Television's FB page from November (October) 2014: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=737824846270571&id=136039809782414

Is Classmates free these days? If someone has an account, might want to look at Dunbar Intermediate in Lufkin, TX to see if you can find Pearl.

I agree Pearl's profiles should be updated to reflect that she had two children. If she's not PB, it might be the info needed to make a positive id some day.

The autopsy report for PB doesn't seem to mention it either way. I keep getting distracted by other threads here while trying to find if there was a thread discussing this.

ETA: I was looking for an official msm post mentioning Dunbar Intermediate before I explained why I said that. This is the post on KLNM Television's FB page from November (October) 2014: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=737824846270571&id=136039809782414

I have a Classmates account (it's free), and I got onto Dunbar Intermediate. Classmates has the 1987 yearbook so I'm looking through it now. Did she graduate from there?

OK, I'm confused . I went onto Dunbar Intermediate and clicked on the '87 yearbook, now it says it's Lufkin High? Was it renamed or am I doing something wrong?

I have a Classmates account (it's free), and I got onto Dunbar Intermediate. Classmates has the 1987 yearbook so I'm looking through it now. Did she graduate from there?

I don't know where she graduated from, or if she graduated at all. I'm not sure what an Intermediate school would be (which grades). The FB post just mentions two elementary schools and then Dunbar Intermediate. It doesn't mention any other schools after that.

I'll see if I can set up a Classmates account tomorrow. Pearl may have dropped out of school at some point and now I'm curious to see how far back it goes for DI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back